Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Staleout - The Graveyard of Promising Phone Numbers

Marlimus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Weeks, maybe even months have passed. You flip through your little black book or electronic equivalent, and while perusing your successes and reminescences, you realize that there are some phone numbers that unaccountably amounted to nothing.

The sarge itself was excellent, you felt that spark of anticipation, and then what? Where you rejected? No...was she unattracted to you or displayed disinterest? No, that's not it either. You try to recall why nothing ever happened. You instinctively sense that it would be pointless to call now. You are in a staleout.

When you make contact and get the digits, you have an unknown, limited period of time to move the interaction forward before the spark of anticipation dies, leading to estrangement. Sometimes, the desire to appear indifferent and cool is our own downfall. While you space your calls in excess and leave no messages, your image slowly begins to fade from her mind.

Some numbers will invariably stale out because the women flake. However, some numbers will stale because the Don Juan, out of a desperate desire to not appear desperate (behold the irony) will fail to take the necessary, timely initiative. Any obstacles that arise, you scream 'next' to fulfill the fantasy of being in control: 'Nexting' gives you the illusion of control, but doing so unnecessarily accomplishes nothing and denies you valuable experience.

To avoid staling out, once you get the phone number, keep a momentum going. This will sometimes mean that you have to expend some extra effort, and control the beast called pride. I have seen some of experience-deprived, ideologically driven posts on this board, and I tell you now it is the utmost of folly to refuse to call a girl again simply because when you called her the first time and left your number, she did not return your call. Many women play by 'The Rules' whether they know it or not, and as such are deliberately instructed not to return calls AT ALL, regardless of how much they may be intrigued by a new guy. When you are in a position to game her, e.g on a 'date' or any occasion where you are spending time together, you can use your game to reverse the frame. Until then, keep the momentum, and don't stale out.

GloriouslyInsane

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Even though it is true,this thread only applies to those that actually WANT to call all those numbers but don't do so for various reasons.Fortunately this is not the case for most of us,for an example, 6-7 months ago i got about 5 phone numbers in a week,and this is quite a low number compared to most of the DJ's here.So what do i do,what do i do? If you didn''t meet them in one day its gonna take you more than a week to call them all,even on the next day,if you're not THAT attracted to let's say 30% of them,why bother? Actually why keep their numbers anyway? Especially on your mobile phone? Does it serve a purpose other than showing off or feeling good about yourself?.I think you're addressing the symptoms and not the cause,or simpler:numbers don't *stale* out because we try not to look desperate but because that's the actual use we have for them is just for having them.

Victory Unlimited

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post Marlimus,

And Gloriously also brings up an interesting point as well. I used to be of the mindset that the Insane one just mentioned. lol

As a simple exercise, I used to just get numbers for the sake of getting numbers. However, I haven't done that in quite awhile.

I've found that unless the woman is up to my personal physical standards, I have no desire to get the number OR to approach at all. Although I realize that this propensity limits my options on the front end, the benefit on the back end is this:

I don't have ANY numbers of babes that I'm not at least PHYSICALLY interested in.

Now that's the good part. But now the bad part still happens to me as Marlimus referenced. Sometimes I wonder if my pride, or the DJ rules, DO keep me from exerting more effort in making significant contact with these girls.

In all honesty, I would have to guess that my lack of success with most these babes is probably 30% PRIDE and 70% BABE FLAKINESS. Most of my sarging is done in COLD approaches on the street and in public places. I recognize that I only have just a few minutes to leave a lasting impression.
Sometimes I do...and obviously sometimes I don't. And I know that it is really all about demonstrating enough HIGH value to the woman in a short amount of time. Sigh...it is my constant fight---but i'm gettin' better at it though.

And when my cell phone loads up with "stale" numbers from women, I now use HOLIDAY TEXT BOMBS to blow'em out of my life.

Check out this thread I posted a little while back:

Operation: HOLIDAY TEXT BOMBS!

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=100399

Marlimus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i got about 5 phone numbers in a week,and this is quite a low number compared to most of the DJ's here
The vast majority here are newbies and keyboard jockeys.

numbers don't *stale* out because we try not to look desperate but because that's the actual use we have for them is just for having them.
That I must admit.

CrazyAsianBiker

Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha, You just convinced me to call this chick tommorrow.

I was about to wait another day, but i'll call her tommorrow.

Good post. I like it a lot. To me, that's almost, or is bible material, because things like that aren't on there.

I've made this mistake many times, I've had girls VERY interested that I was VERY attracted to, but was distracted by sports and other women to go back to them. Now I have no contact with them whatsoever and they were more interested in me than the girls i was f*cking with anyways!