Springfield XD(M) Pistols

thedeparted

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been drooling over the new XD(M) line from Springfield Armory. First the 40 S&W and now the 9mm. Hopefully an XD(M) .45 will be next which is what I would get. I'm probably just a sucker for good marketing but I like the idea of the short-reset trigger, match-grade barrel, etc. Anybody else have one of these on their Christmas list? Anybody shoot an XD(M) yet?

U

user43770

I don't know much about the XD-M, but these guys do. I ended up going with the Glock over the XD. I'm now thinking about getting a Sig.

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have an XD-45 with 5" pipe. Love it, but I also like my Glock-20 and 32.

BlakeW5

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Haven't checked out the M but I've wanted an XD for awhile now.

An XD was on the Christmas list, but I think I'm going to get a SumoSac instead

piranha45

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
haha, so in summation the m&p is STILL better

drummer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I love the XDs... they fit great in my hand and don't have the suspiciously high accidental discharge rates that glocks do.

thedeparted

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback and links. Sounds like the trigger is not so great. My other gun is an S&W686 with a long hard double action trigger. So I really wanted my second gun to be the opposite: short light crisp single-action trigger. Any suggestions on a good .40 or .45 with a great trigger out of the box?

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
drummer said:
I love the XDs... they fit great in my hand and don't have the suspiciously high accidental discharge rates that glocks do.
Oh come on. I like my XD too, but "suspiciously high accidental discharge rates" is just a load of horse pucky. Glocks are super popular and a lot of people with questionable skill levels choose them because they are a famous name. They are completely safe in the hands of a non-retard.

drummer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess it just comes down to the fact I can't stand Glock triggers. If it can't have one in the tube and be on safe (thumb safety, mind you) then I don't like it.

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
drummer said:
I guess it just comes down to the fact I can't stand Glock triggers. If it can't have one in the tube and be on safe (thumb safety, mind you) then I don't like it.
It's the same as a DA revolver. If you don't pull the trigger it won't go bang, 100%.