Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Spider Man 3

ElChoclo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just took my kids to this movie, and I have to say it is like an AFC training video.

Stupid Aunt May tells Peter Parker that a husband must put his wife first in a marriage.

The Green Goblin's kid, who has previously been told by his father to avenge him, puts it all on hold and teams up with the guy he is supposed to kill (Spider Man) to save MJ (Spider Man's Girlfriend).

Naturally, Jnr Goblin has to get killed trying to save MJ (what would Dr Farrell say about this one). Meanwhile the Sandman is fresh out of the slammer having been busted for a robbery which he had to pull off because his daughter needed money for medical expenses. He just drops by home with the cops on his trail to grab a crust of bread and his wife starts lecturing him about his bad performance to date.

Meanwhile MJ keeps beating down Spiderman because he "doesn't know what she is feeling" after she gets canned from her stage job for being hopeless. The thrust of this seems to be, that Spider Man must always know how MJ is feeling.

To top it off, when he is in his Venom suit, Spider Man starts to bust some cool moves, takes a nice girl, whom he has flirted with, to a nightclub, but solely for the purpose of making MJ jealous. Meanwhile the chump boyfriend of the girl with whom Spider Man has been flirting, puts on the Venom suit/thing mainly for the purpose of killing Spider Man because he made him lose his job and his girl.

AFC lessons;

1 Men must die to save women.
2 The wife is the boss.
3 Cool guys are always bad.
4 You only date other women to get the "one" jealous.
5 It is usual for a man to resort to violence to provide money for women, or in response to losing your job or girlfriend.

As Borat would say, "Please stop to make these kind of movies."

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
The only DJ type character was Eddie Brock / Venom. Guy just didn't give a fvck and I loved it! Best part was Venom wasn't an easy kill.

What the hell was with the Gene Kelly / John Travolta circa Saturday Night Fever type sh!t doing in a Spidey picture?

Potbelly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What was that random ass dancing scene when he came out of the store? And walking to the clothing store?!??

That's 1 minute of good action they could've put in there.

I agree with everything you said except the part abotu symbiont spidey/venom.

When he brought that other chick to the bar he was a damn pimp. I would have done that but I would have laid that gwen stacy girl as well.

right in front of mary jane haha

Anyways, venom is a pimp...why? Because he owned everyone, knows what he wanted, and went for it (aka kill spidey).

Spiderman in the beginning was also a pimp. He didn't give a **** what MJ thought until she started acting like a b1tch and cheated w/harry.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lets not forget Peter Parker crying on demand every 3rd scene.

Spiderman 3 and Superman Returns are nothing more than Superhero chick-flicks.

JohnJones

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree that Spidey is not a DJ or a pimp - that's kind of the point. He's not so much who you would want to be, but more a guy that most people can sympathize with.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ElChoclo said:
Naturally, Jnr Goblin has to get killed trying to save MJ (what would Dr Farrell say about this one). Meanwhile the Sandman is fresh out of the slammer having been busted for a robbery which he had to pull off because his daughter needed money for medical expenses. He just drops by home with the cops on his trail to grab a crust of bread and his wife starts lecturing him about his bad performance to date.

Meanwhile MJ keeps beating down Spiderman because he "doesn't know what she is feeling" after she gets canned from her stage job for being hopeless. The thrust of this seems to be, that Spider Man must always know how MJ is feeling.

To top it off, when he is in his Venom suit, Spider Man starts to bust some cool moves, takes a nice girl, whom he has flirted with, to a nightclub, but solely for the purpose of making MJ jealous. Meanwhile the chump boyfriend of the girl with whom Spider Man has been flirting, puts on the Venom suit/thing mainly for the purpose of killing Spider Man because he made him lose his job and his girl.
I think that they did really well with the Goblin Jr.

Isn't it correct that if you are wrong about something to fix your mistake? Plus it wasn't even the real Goblin/father that was telling him to avenge him. It was Harry's own mind doing that. The real father was realized his badness at the end of the movie.

Spider-man, when he had the symbiote on, was a complete @$$. I loved it, but at the same time, I didn't like it. I liked him being the good guy, not the pr!ck.

Personally, I think there was zero character development for Sandman. The rest of the characters had previous charachter development.

The final fight scene was amazing though. I had times that I jumped and said, "Ouch!" People looked at me and laughed. especially my current girl and roommate. It was comical.

comic_relief

wayword

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ElChoclo said:
I just took my kids to this movie, and I have to say it is like an AFC training video.
Stay away from Hollywood if you don't want your kids to get corrupted. In other words, sons turn into AFCs and daughters into entitlement princesses.

Remember, they did the same thing with King Kong - turned him into a giant emo wussbag with suicidal oneitis over some blonde floozy.

Let me know when Hollywood makes a movie with 3 or 4 girls supplicating and sacrificing their lives over one hopeless dude who cheats on his superheroine girlfriend.

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
how the hell are you going to diss spiderman movies.

its a fvcking movie... they aren't TRYING to turn people AFC.

spiderman is the sh1t and always will be.

what would happen if ALL movies had a "DJ" Bond guy? how boring will that turn out if EVERY movie was like that?

quit looking into the small things no one pays attention to... and enjoy the movie.

if u keep looking into things you won't enjoy anything because nothings perfect.

JohnJones said:
I agree that Spidey is not a DJ or a pimp - that's kind of the point. He's not so much who you would want to be, but more a guy that most people can sympathize with.

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice observation Elchocho. I see a couple of responders overreacting to a simple observation for no good reason.

Reaction score
Why are you guys so surprised? All the SPIDERMAN movies have been wicked AFC. Spiderman 1 the opening, he wishes he was next to Mary Jane but he isn't. The only reason he gets the girl is... because he turns into Spiderman. 2nd movie he saves Mary Jane and she finally loves him. Awww how cute. I haven't seen the Spiderman 3, it got mixed reviews but I really like Venom and from what I read he's a pimp. So I'll probably watch it just for Venom.

"Batman Begins" is a DJ-Superhero movie. Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne is awesome. He brings two european chicks to dinner and makes the UG (Katie Holms) jealous. He also chose to be a hero instead of purseing a relationship with Ugly, even though he liked her and he knew he could have railed her. That's what a real man is... more focused on his goals and dreams. :up:

"300" is another DJ movie, the king knows he is going to die but he doesn't say he loves his wife at the end. (You gotta see the movie to understand why... it's the spartan way. No weakness.) He was faithful to his wife and he lives with honor and pride.

satyriasis

Don Juan
Reaction score
man... i knew that this movie was going to be all about MJ, but i honestly thought i was going to see more of venom then what they showed. i read somewhere that the reason they didn't show alot of venom was because they thought that the kids who saw the movie might have nightmares, but whatever. anyway... my fav. part was the payphone cookies scene. lol.

ElChoclo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I also thought that the matriarx must have censored Pirates of the Carribean 2. In No 1, Capt Jack Sparrow was a cool DJ guy, by No 2 he had been morphed into a buffoon with no guile. He ends up getting killed because he is outsmarted by a woman.

If you want DJ training movies you have to go to previous eras. Rhett Butler in Gone with the Wind. Classic DJ. Compare him with Ashley in that movie.

Humphrey Bogart in Casablanca and The Maltese Falcon. I liked the part where he turns down the girl at the end of The Maltese Falcon and he says something like, "you're going down for it, sure I'll keep loving you, and when they finally let you out, I'll be waiting for you."

They even had movies warning of the dangers of being AFC, Fred MacMurray in Double Indemnity as Walter, the insurance man who is tricked into killing a woman's husband so they can be together with the insurance money. Later, she shoots him after he realizes that it was only for the money, not him. At the end Edward G says to him, as he dictates out his confession on an old dictaphone with a microphone like a horn, "You're all washed up Walter, you won't make it to that elevator."

ElChoclo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Double post for some reason

Last edited:

Nobody

Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you guys go home and analyze everything you do as DJ or not? Do you say I'm not going to take a bath at 4:00 PM, it's not the DJ thing to do. Instead I'm going to show at 8:28 PM, that's what a real DJ would do.

The movie blew, I agree, but it has nothing to do with society corrupting people into AFCs. If it is some conspiracy, be glad that you know the way and Peter Parker and his AFC friends are eliminating themselves from the compeition.

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Superhero movies are always super-gay. I don't know why anybody without a kid would actually pay to go see one.

Reaction score
ValleyDJing said:
Superhero movies are always super-gay. I don't know why anybody without a kid would actually pay to go see one.
What was wrong with Batman Begins besides Katie Holms? Bruce Wayne is a DJ, he chooses his duty over getting Holms' ass.

I actually saw Spiderman 3... the villains were OK, story was pretty boring... some parts were stupid as hell. Like when Parker becomes a "goth player" and dances around. WTF! I hated how they didn't show more of venom, it's the coolest character in the WHOLE COMIC... Who cares about Green Goblin or SANDMAN or Scorpion, they're so unoriginal and BORING. The movie didn't really offer anything new. Also way too many scenes with Parker's mom giving him a pep talk, I didn't pay to watch Dr. Phil.

The little kids they shouldn't be watching it in the first place. The movie is rated PG-13 or whatever. Wait nevermind I take that back American kids are immature, every other country would rate Spiderman 3... no blood, sex or profanity... Why is it PG-13!?

cant think of a user name

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't be so worried about the supposed "influences" this movie has... I mean, no-one really takes it seriously (some people in the cinema were laughing when Peter Parker started crying in the Central Park scene with MJ).

As for the other scenes when the guys risk their own lives to save MJ, well... it's definitely nothing new in terms of movies and stories. Not that surprising.

I doubt there's some sort of "indoctrination conspiracy" in hollywood - why? because no one gives a ****.

Apologies for the language :)

greenlake

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hahah you guys are hilarious. btw, if i were still a afc i would love this movie, the way peter cries when mj dump him, the way he always say how much he love her when they were looking at the sky on a spidey web and how he always try to comfort her. that's a afc dream man!!! but after learning the dj way, i kinda feel bad for him. maybe someone should send peter the link to this site.

i also think harry was a fun guy to be around(when he lost his memory) and that probably why he attract mj. plus he also relate to her in an emotional way(juggler style) and have hobbies like painting(unlike most kbj here). i don't see why he is an afc. if he didn't get back his memory and screw it up, he would have gotten her.

and i don't think eddie brock is a pimp. he was so deserate in almost every way, he faked the spiderman pic to get a staff position, he beg peter to not tell anyone when peter threaten him, he needs the power of god to kill someone....that's a bad thing especially when he can't do it himself. plus the scene where he flirt with the secretary was just too needy. if i was her i would take it as a creepy way. he's not a dj at all. is he funny? yes. pimp? no. btw, i like topher grace and venom, they're kool.

okay finally, the emo peter. i don't know why u guys think he's stupid. he was a pimp imo. he was a jerk..... i agree. but jerks get girls, right? don't get it wrong, i don't want to be a jerk. i just like the way he don't cares about what other people think. and that imo is a true dj. look at the walk and pointing his finger at the hbs hahahah, u guys got to admit that takes a lot of gutz to do in public even tho it was stupid. actually he got me doing it after the movie and at the mall yesterday, of course i didn't do it right cause i still cares about other people's opinion on me. so if you guys can do that in public then come back and talk to me. btw, i love this character, he inspired me to do what i want(especially the dancing scene).

oh yea, i forgot about the sandman. what do u expect him to do when his wife yell at him? chokeslam her? he just act like she doesn't exist and i think that is the best way. the only reasons he did all this was for his daughter, not for his wife so what would make an afc. i would want a father like that too.

everyone should go watch this movie now, it's a good movie. just enjoy and leave the thinking at home. if u all criticize the characters then there would be no movie to watch. just go read the dj bible for an hour after the movie to was away your afc mind.

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
greenlake said:
everyone should go watch this movie now, it's a good movie. just enjoy and leave the thinking at home. if u all criticize the characters then there would be no movie to watch.
exactly

Rata Blanca

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
First of all remember MJ fell in love of spider-men then Peter Parker.
Peter Parker sucks in his LTR, remember when MJ says:
"you dont know how I feel! You are not listening!"
He should just shut up and nod his head, but no! he goes blabling how everyone loves him, etc.
Then he goes and let's some girl kiss him in national tv with MJ watching, I mean doesn't he wants to marry her?!
Peter is almost asking for her to cheat on him, and she did.