Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

speeding ticket

bogman2121

Don Juan
Reaction score
i just got a speeding ticket friday and i turn 18 on the 31st which means i have to go to court since i was 17 at the time of my ticket does anyone know what i should expect in court and for my punishment (i've heard anything from just a simple fine and a warning to a 30 day suspension) can any give me some help with this ive been searching the internet and cant seem to find any help. I live in ohio.

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wrong forum smartass.

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That really depends on how fast you were going.

I'm not from ohio, but in new mexico we have this deal where you can go clean and clear if you go to drivers ed class. You can use it once every 6 weeks.

Just plead guilty, if they give you that option take it, that way you don't get any money on your insurance. Don't try to fight it and they might lower the price.

Hym3n

Reaction score
Depends on your speed, state, etc. My tickets are as follows:

-72 in a 60 : $172, end of story (first one's usually free--doesn't count against you in the long run)

-43 in a 30 : $207, deferred adjudication (if I get another citation in the same city as that ticket, I'm done for)

-104 in a 70 : $200, ??? (still need to call DPS and find out if my license is suspended or not right now, but now that I look back at it, I really should've run from that cop)

Funny thing is, I've only had my license five months :)

-Brian

Cyberdx16

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Hym3n
Depends on your speed, state, etc. My tickets are as follows:

-72 in a 60 : $172, end of story (first one's usually free--doesn't count against you in the long run)

-43 in a 30 : $207, deferred adjudication (if I get another citation in the same city as that ticket, I'm done for)

-104 in a 70 : $200, ??? (still need to call DPS and find out if my license is suspended or not right now, but now that I look back at it, I really should've run from that cop)

Funny thing is, I've only had my license five months :)

-Brian
not trying to hijack the thread but, what kind of car u drive brian?

Hym3n

Reaction score
'96 Toyota Celica. It's slow as balls, and I think that that's the reason why I drive so fast.. I'm constantly plagued by it's [lack of] speed. [And note: I was just kidding about running from the cruiser, he actually got me when I'd already slowed down to ~77mph, I was in the middle-of-nowhere Texas on I-45]

Anyways, as for the ticket, contact the court, find out what you have to do, what your options are, etc. Find out if your state has any kind of points system (and if they do, find out what you have to do from there, what tickets in the future will count for what points). Don't contact your insurance if the ticket is... within 15mph of the speed limit, because if they find out about it, there's a good chance that they're not really going to care (assuming you have a good record and don't live in New Jersey).

On the other hand, run into three tickets like myself and you're either facing (well, 'cuffs with anything over 100, pretty much) a license suspension, a huggggeeeee increase in insurance payments, or both.

Good luck!

-Brian

TurboLover

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Hym3n
'96 Toyota Celica. It's slow as balls, and I think that that's the reason why I drive so fast.. I'm constantly plagued by it's [lack of] speed. [And note: I was just kidding about running from the cruiser, he actually got me when I'd already slowed down to ~77mph, I was in the middle-of-nowhere Texas on I-45]

Anyways, as for the ticket, contact the court, find out what you have to do, what your options are, etc. Find out if your state has any kind of points system (and if they do, find out what you have to do from there, what tickets in the future will count for what points). Don't contact your insurance if the ticket is... within 15mph of the speed limit, because if they find out about it, there's a good chance that they're not really going to care (assuming you have a good record and don't live in New Jersey).

On the other hand, run into three tickets like myself and you're either facing (well, 'cuffs with anything over 100, pretty much) a license suspension, a huggggeeeee increase in insurance payments, or both.

Good luck!

-Brian
The thread has been jacked. I too did deferred in Irving. 46 in a 30. Was actually trying to nonchalontly lose a cop behind me. But there was one down the street who clocked me.

Apparently being hispanic and driving a Twin Turbo Toyota Supra doesn't go well in that city. I was pulled over 3 times in one month all citations were dropped because they were bogus.

Plus, I love(what is it fifth gen?) celicas. They have a body simialar to the supra, the liftbacks at least. Also, the wheelwells are wide. Look really good dropped with some wider rims.

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TurboLover
The thread has been jacked. I too did deferred in Irving. 46 in a 30. Was actually trying to nonchalontly lose a cop behind me. But there was one down the street who clocked me.

Apparently being hispanic and driving a Twin Turbo Toyota Supra doesn't go well in that city. I was pulled over 3 times in one month all citations were dropped because they were bogus.

Plus, I love(what is it fifth gen?) celicas. They have a body simialar to the supra, the liftbacks at least. Also, the wheelwells are wide. Look really good dropped with some wider rims.
Omg for somewho who drives a TT supra, it hurts when you refer a supra as similar to a celica.

True same car but the more recent supra r0xx0rz.

after the worse prom ever, i was pissed and wanted to see how fast i could get my boat crown vic goin, so when i got on the highway i just flored it. Got it up to 102 in a 65 but then got scared so i slowed down. Lucky for a me a cop got on at the next exit, so if i had kept going, i think i woulda gone to jail :rolleyes:

bogman2121

Don Juan
Reaction score
yea i think having a car thats slow as balls makes you more prone to speeding i got busted in a 98 mazda 626 with the 4cyl engine usually i go a lot faster than 81 but i was having a good day. my dad just gave me his old car since my sister will be driving soon so she'll take the mazda but the car he gave me is a 92 lexus sc400 with a v8 and i dont go 5 over the limit in that because i feel like i have nothing to prove, im in a great car with tons of power so theres no insecurity there and no need to speed. thats how it works for me anyway nicer cars usually = mroe power and people are more careful in nicer cars.

Hym3n

Reaction score

If you're comparing to the MKIV Supra (I believe the only one that was TT; '93-98), then it would be the sixth generation Celica, the one I have ('94-99). Aside from price, RWD, and a Targa Top--there's one big difference: I have 105bhp, you have 320. They do have a very similar body style though, and I'd love to get bigger rims/lowered, but I'm getting into autocross and that'd place me in a different (much more competitive) classification. You have a beautiful car, btw, I'm a big fan of the MKIV, it's gorgeous.

-Brian

InsidiousNstinct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Somewhere between the cities of Lost and Found
-If you turn 18 before you have to pay the ticket then just wait till your 18 and go pay it yourself that way your parents won't find out...unless they look at the insurance:rolleyes:

Capi Crimini

Banned
Reaction score
I feel sorry for all of you... You should befriend some cops... then you'll get 0 tickets like me... Unless your out of your cops frienflyness distrect... Oh yeah... You don't want to mess with that friendship either. lol
:p

wh01987

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ehhh Imports lick my left nut