special interest websites = higher chance of success?

nkh78h

Banned
Reaction score
I've noticed that there are many discussions on age differences, online approaches and "creepiness." Many people report that women often find it creepy to be approached by older men, whether online or offline.

However, from my personal experiences, it seems that people in special-interest groups are more approachable because they see you as a fellow member, not just another random person.

Some anecdotes: I used to randomly IM girls to chat with them. I'm not really interested in banging them, just chatting to them for now. One thing I've noticed is that about 15-20% of the girls from social networking and rate-me sites will block me, even though I try to be polite and not creepy.

As an experiment, I decided to try something else. I decided to try contacting girls on forums and online gaming sites in which I'm a member. I've probably contacted about the same number as on social networking sites, yet my block rate is below 1%. What's even more dramatic is that many of those girls are many years younger them I am.

On social networks, people tend to be careful about who they meet. In special-interest communities, people tend to focus on what they're interested in, and not about other people's personal profiles.

Of course, special-interest websites are not really the place for hooking up. So I would expect a larger approachability rate, but a much lower "f-close" rate. In any case, if you join a special-interest group on Facebook, etc., and approach girls there, it may lead to something.

Anyone have any thoughts about this?

kingsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
chances are the girls on gaming sites are likely to be less appraoched, thus possilby more responsive...

and you have the comonality of the interest in games

OP how old are you and these girls?