Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Soymilk

7 Virtues

Don Juan
Reaction score
Soy protein is possibly the worst source of protein you can find.

Why? 50g of Soy protein has enough estrogen in it as doses given to menopausal women for HRT.

idiot_boyfriend

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I'm lactose intolerant so I drink "Chocolate Silk". That stuff is awesome.... :D

duke007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A researcher recently found that continuous consumption of soy will lead to male impotence.

I don't have a link, but apparently the individual sperms get surrounded by some gelatinous membrane making the slow-moving.

A little soy milk wouldn't do any harm but NEVER drink it daily.

sfalexi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by AFK Protector
ok thanks bro. I'm going near soy. No wonder this one girl ate like soy nuggets. I thought I should have some, but fortunately am too poor to afford that ****.
Quite possible the soy nuggets was due to her being a vegetarian or to being allergic to animal proteins (which is VERY rare, but does happen). Not because she thought soy was a good source of protein.

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by sfalexi
Quite possible the soy nuggets was due to her being a vegetarian or to being allergic to animal proteins (which is VERY rare, but does happen). Not because she thought soy was a good source of protein.
oh yeah definitely. She was a vegetarian and said for me to try the nuggets because it was tasty. So I checked them out but they were so expensive. So I just went back to not eating nuggets at all cuz they're fried.

Nocturnal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Take from this what you will.

From "Ironman's Ultimate Guide to Bodybuilding Nutrition" by Peter Sisco:

Soy

Soy -- the stepchild of the protein world -- is the only protein missing from the superprotein formula. Before you frown in utter disbelief, you should know that soy protein has recently been validated by the scientific community as having benefits of interest to bodybuilders. The latest studies prove conclusively that soy protein has metabolism-stimulating properties. 10

It stimulates the metabolism by enhancing the body's production of the thyroid hormone thyroxine (T4), a key regulator of metabolic rate. Usually, the more thyroxine your body produces, the faster your metabolism. That unique characteristic makes soy protein very desirable. Think of the possibilities: a revved-up metabolism can help minimize the risk that the extra calories you've consumed in your weight-gaining quest will be deposited as bodyfat. For that reason alone soy is a must. It's also comforting to know that, with respect to amino acids, soy protein nicely complements whey protein and casein.

Because soy is high in several of the key amino acids found in whey protein and casein, it increases their potency. Specifically, soy is rich in the "critical cluster" of amino acids11 that consists of glutamine, the branched-chain amino acids, and arginine. You already know the benefits of glutamine and the BCAAS. Arginine, however, has a trait that few people were aware of until just recently. Many compelling clinical studies done with humans have found that arginine plays a key role in stimulating the release of muscle-forming anabolic hormones, including human growth hormone.12 Is there any doubt that arginine belongs in this formula?

10. Stroescul, V., et al. 1996
11. Protein Technologies International
12. Masuda, A., et al.

idiot_boyfriend

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by duke007
A researcher recently found that continuous consumption of soy will lead to male impotence.

I don't have a link, but apparently the individual sperms get surrounded by some gelatinous membrane making the slow-moving.

A little soy milk wouldn't do any harm but NEVER drink it daily.
Oh shìt...........

sfalexi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
impotence means you can't get it up at all. So you won't be able to have a kid. Cause you won't be able to have sex.

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've bulked with it and without it and made no difference. The soy was just a 'vehicle' for the whey though.

You're 10 times better off using soy, if you even have the slightest cow's milk intolerance.

My preference is goats milk, but a tad expensive for most bulkers.

MrFitness880

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i personally am not convinced either way. i do beleive that the scare is exaggerated, but im not sure if its valid or not.

With my understanding of human biology im inclined to think the phytoestrogens in soy are probably destroyed and dont act as exogenously administered estrogen in the body. Contrary to popular opinion hormones in beef havent been shown to affect in people who eat them. Also you would probably need large amounts to have any effect even if they did.

this would be something warranting more research on my part before i could give a conclusive answer.

do some reading on it. dont judge yet. the information here doesnt suffice for it.

kmr89

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Alpine
If it makes you impotent, how come there's so many Chinese?
lol we have adapted. not that i drink it or anything :rolleyes:

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it not true that Asians find the whole idea of drinking animals milk as repulsive, like drinking snot.

I found this hard to believe considering the are known for eating anything with legs and has it's back to the sun.

sfalexi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it not true that Asians find the whole idea of drinking animals milk as repulsive, like drinking snot.

I found this hard to believe considering the are known for eating anything with legs and has it's back to the sun.
Who cares? So they have different beliefs? They think we're ****ed up cause we drink milk. We think they're ****ed up cause they eat animals that we wouldnt.

Just cause they don't have the same beliefs as YOU doesn't mean that they're 'wierd'.

Alexi

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well first off, I care.

I'm interested to know whether it's true, and I'm interested to know if there is some reasoning behind it.