Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Something i found on here - a must read

Nightspark

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A bloody fcuking amazing read!

Damn that's like the best post ive read up to date... :eek:

It does explain a lot, and it has further reinforced some of the things that i have been dwindling around about trusting your gut and not over doing it with formulas and whatnot...

A bloody fcuking amazing read, it's one of Pooks best and intuitive posts that i have read ( i like the style he uses, it seems to me i was watching a movie when i was reading that post!).

Anyone else that has doubts in themeslves should read this and heed it's powerful words... it emcompasses what i think a DJ's train of thought should be!

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Am I the only guy on this board who doesn't like Pook's posts?

To his credit, he has contributed some great ideas, many of which I agree with, but his writing style is long-winded, takes forever to reach a point and always strikes me as quite patronising.

Blue Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jariel
Am I the only guy on this board who doesn't like Pook's posts?

To his credit, he has contributed some great ideas, many of which I agree with, but his writing style is long-winded, takes forever to reach a point and always strikes me as quite patronising.
The problem is not his posts itself but the way he writes it. It´s pretty annoying (those conversations mode), long-winded and as you said "takes forever to reach the core". But it´s his style and there´s nothing we can do, but to deal with!

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
haha Jariel, stole the words out of my mouth. Pook's advice is the best on this site material wise, but it's way too annoying to read

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pook is the Socrates of the DJ Forum and the reason I got involved here. If you have difficulty understanding his words, it's because you lack patience. Fastseduction might be a better site for you, but you'll eventually come back to re-read Pooks sage wisdom.

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pook is the Socrates of the DJ Forum and the reason I got involved here. If you have difficulty understanding his words, it's because you lack patience. Fastseduction might be a better site for you, but you'll eventually come back to re-read Pooks sage wisdom.
I think the only one not understanding things here is you. No one said anything about not being able to understand Pook's posts. And no one said Pook's material is bad, he writes the best tips on the site.

The point everyone was trying to make was that his posts are long-winded, and annoying to read through. He has amazing material, but takes way too much time & words to get to the point. If he would skip the theatrics (like giving an imaginary lecture to a group of women in "be a man"), and get to the point, his tips would be much less annoying to read through.

You mentioned you were a Psychologist in one of your previous posts. I don't know if you are a prof, or have ever worked as a TA, but when I was a TA, there was nothing I hated more then marking a paper where the guy wrote pages and pages of unnecessery paragraphs only to get to one good point. I'm sure Pook's flashy writting style will impress the high schoolers on sosuave who think they're overcoming some challange by being able to read them, but for most university students/graduates, it's just annoying to read through.

Less is more sometimes.

Last edited:

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As I said, if you're looking for quick-hit sound bites and 'McAdvice' maybe Pook isn't for you. Fastseduction would be a better alternative for shorter attention spans.

Yes, Pook can be long winded and when was the last time he posted, 2001? He puts down his thoughts more eloquently, but if someone is proud of themselves for translating them I'd suggest reading Aristotle. I'm not even intimating that Pook is even all that 'high-brow', so what? If you don't get Pook, does it invalidate what what he says because he likes to illustrate his points a bit more?

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, Pook can be long winded and when was the last time he posted, 2001? He puts down his thoughts more eloquently, but if someone is proud of themselves for translating them I'd suggest reading Aristotle. I'm not even intimating that Pook is even all that 'high-brow', so what? If you don't get Pook, does it invalidate what what he says because he likes to illustrate his points a bit more?
I'm seriously starting to question your communication skills. If English is your second language let me know and I'll go slower. No one said anything about not being able to understand Pook. The point everyone was trying to make, and that you for some reason cannot comprehend, is that it is an annoying style of writting to read through for some people.

I'm glad you think Aristotle is challenging, and while you're at it go pick up some writtings by Heraclitus, Theles and Anixamander for all I care. I'm sure others will be more impressed by your ability to read translated texts then I will.

No one is saying Pook is a bad writer, or that his material is difficult to understand. People are just saying that his style of writting can be annoying to read. Just because a tip is short, and straight to the point does not make it "McAdvice" or a bad tip. For example:

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20773
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55708
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16979

All good tips, straight to the point, without theatrics, or unnecessery fillers. Does that make them worse then Pook's? No. Does it make Pook's worse then theirs? No. Pook's tips are the best ones on the site material wise.

It just means they have different writting styles. Some people like Pook's writting style because it makes them feel like they're watching a movie (as someone said earlier in the thread), others read through it and wish he'd get to the point.

The reason I'm giving you a hard time about all this is because you come off a bit condescending. Assuming someone is stupid for not enjoying a particular style of writting, and then telling them to go to fastseduction.com is an elitist attitude. May wanna drop it and people will listen to your points.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As it has been said, it's not that we have trouble understanding Pook's writing, it's quite the opposite. We understand it, we get the point, and this is why we do not need it spelling out for us.

Imagine stopping to ask for directions and being read a long extract of prose. As Mind over Matter said, Pook's tips are possibly the best on the site and we're not even saying Pook is a bad writer, but it's just not an appropriate style to give directions and advice.

Broham

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think he uses this style on purpose to ingrain these points into our heads. I like the way he articulates himself, its like he's telling a story. I think its alot better than just posting a bunch of bullet points.

jprjrjr

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by MindOverMatter
I'm seriously starting to question your communication skills. If English is your second language let me know and I'll go slower. No one said anything about not being able to understand Pook. The point everyone was trying to make, and that you for some reason cannot comprehend, is that it is an annoying style of writting to read through for some people.

I'm glad you think Aristotle is challenging, and while you're at it go pick up some writtings by Heraclitus, Theles and Anixamander for all I care. I'm sure others will be more impressed by your ability to read translated texts then I will.

No one is saying Pook is a bad writer, or that his material is difficult to understand. People are just saying that his style of writting can be annoying to read. Just because a tip is short, and straight to the point does not make it "McAdvice" or a bad tip. For example:

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20773
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55708
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16979

All good tips, straight to the point, without theatrics, or unnecessery fillers. Does that make them worse then Pook's? No. Does it make Pook's worse then theirs? No. Pook's tips are the best ones on the site material wise.

It just means they have different writting styles. Some people like Pook's writting style because it makes them feel like they're watching a movie (as someone said earlier in the thread), others read through it and wish he'd get to the point.

The reason I'm giving you a hard time about all this is because you come off a bit condescending. Assuming someone is stupid for not enjoying a particular style of writting, and then telling them to go to fastseduction.com is an elitist attitude. May wanna drop it and people will listen to your points.
I don't care too much for Pook's advice, but if you're complaining about him being long winded, perhaps you should read your above response.

Scrumtulescence

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
What a crock. Wisdom is in the message, not the words. "If I only had more time, I could write shorter letters" -- Thomas Jefferson.

Pook may have great points, but his verbose and long-winded style of writing, while maybe sometimes slightly entertaining, does little to nothing to enhance or reinforce his message, the only thing I'm interested in. There's nothing wrong with the general style of writing he uses in his long tips posts, but he could do better to.. cut out the fat, you might say.

That said, I've always enjoyed Pook's posts because I think they do contain a lot of wisdom, and never really thought much about his writing style (although I did often find myself waiting for him to get to the point). I just thought it was pretty patronizing and flat-our wrong the way you suggested someone isn't "ready for such 'wisdom'" just because they're annoyed with the verbose way in which Pook gets his points across.

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't care too much for Pook's advice, but if you're complaining about him being long winded, perhaps you should read your above response.
No, perhaps you should read the whole thread. My first response was short and straight to the point. The reader I was addressing in that post you just quoted didn't seem to get it, and I had explain it again. If you don't have anything to contribute to the conversation, stay the f out.