somethimg I literally just thought of

Reaction score
Please excuse any flaws as it is off the top of my head
A way convo goes

Me: Hey,Have you got a light?
[2 answers here so ill do both]
Her: No sorry,I don't smoke
Me:Neither do I this is just a prop I use as a pickup tool,I'm Tim [Holds out hand for handshake]
Her:yadda yadda
so yeah whatever from there

or
Her:yeah sure
Me:Thanks, I'm Tim...who might you be?
or something along those lines

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the "you gotta light?" thing works if you are a smoker,
if you are not a smoker, it doesn't blow over that well.
that is just my opinion.

could you ask for the time instead?

Reaction score
penkitten said:
the "you gotta light?" thing works if you are a smoker,
if you are not a smoker, it doesn't blow over that well.
that is just my opinion.

could you ask for the time instead?
yay someone serious:up:
I did think of that but i thought it was a bit cliche (not sure if i can get the accent on the e but meh]

Kev07

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bay Area, California, Currently in SoCal (UCR)
rottweiler_273 said:
Please excuse any flaws as it is off the top of my head
A way convo goes

Me: Hey,Have you got a light?
[2 answers here so ill do both]
Her: No sorry,I don't smoke
Me:Neither do I this is just a prop I use as a pickup tool,I'm Tim [Holds out hand for handshake]
Her:yadda yadda
so yeah whatever from there

or
Her:yeah sure
Me:Thanks, I'm Tim...who might you be?
or something along those lines

So what do you do when she pulls out the light and you have nothing to light?

Reaction score
errm the fact that i said it had a flaw fair enough but i had a *prop* which would be a cigar seeing as i do smoke them occasionally cos i hate cigarettes with a passion

StoneColdFox

Don Juan
Reaction score
You said you want opinions.

So stop disagreeing with everyone.

First off, do you really need a prop to speak to a woman??

I mean you have a basic opener of Hey do you have a light.. Thats so basic and non chalant, so hey let's use another basic one shall we?? Like hi, or I haven't seen you around here, whats your name.. anything like that!!!!

The reason I was giving you a hard time was because it astounds me that you sat there and put thought into an approach for a woman, and your approach was basically saying hey to her, which is a good approach lol

Thats like saying hm.. I have this awesome new technique that will help you walk, if you move one foot at a time..one in front of the other.. blah blah..

Stop thinking so damn hard, all of you.

It kills me, be like nike and just do it for christs sakes. You don't need props, you don't need to peacock and wear three watches, all you need is confidence and know how to create a fun comfortable atmosphere, and thats it..

By all means if you want to say hey and ask for a light, thats a great opener, sure, but maybe you're trying to hard.

miniPIMPIN

Banned
Reaction score
StoneColdFox said:
You said you want opinions.

So stop disagreeing with everyone.

First off, do you really need a prop to speak to a woman??

I mean you have a basic opener of Hey do you have a light.. Thats so basic and non chalant, so hey let's use another basic one shall we?? Like hi, or I haven't seen you around here, whats your name.. anything like that!!!!

The reason I was giving you a hard time was because it astounds me that you sat there and put thought into an approach for a woman, and your approach was basically saying hey to her, which is a good approach lol

Thats like saying hm.. I have this awesome new technique that will help you walk, if you move one foot at a time..one in front of the other.. blah blah..

Stop thinking so damn hard, all of you.

It kills me, be like nike and just do it for christs sakes. You don't need props, you don't need to peacock and wear three watches, all you need is confidence and know how to create a fun comfortable atmosphere, and thats it..

By all means if you want to say hey and ask for a light, thats a great opener, sure, but maybe you're trying to hard.

L M A O

nicenomore

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i read it somewhere..

this opebner is one of the best ways a girls open guys at a bar.. and dont seem predatory/slvtty about it...

you just have to capitalise on it

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I asked two chicks for a ciggarette, and a light once. They both had boyfriends. But they talked to me and my buddy for a little bit, then actually bought us some more ciggarettes. (We're both underage.) It was shweet.

Anyway. I wouldn't use that line unless you actually smoke.. otherwise you look like a dumbass.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
rottweiler_273 said:
i hate cigarettes with a passion
dear pup,
stop trying to attract smokers if you dislike it so much. you will thank me in the long run.
from long time smoker

Plec07

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
When he said he hates cigarettes he might just mean the taste of them. I smoke and there are some brands that I utterly dispise cos of taste, amber leaf being one of them. Tastes like feet *shudder*. But point is I don't dislike smoking, just the taste of some cigarettes.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Plec07 said:
When he said he hates cigarettes he might just mean the taste of them. I smoke and there are some brands that I utterly dispise cos of taste, amber leaf being one of them. Tastes like feet *shudder*. But point is I don't dislike smoking, just the taste of some cigarettes.
there are some "make you gag" brands out there like tourney eewwww *gags