Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Someone give me a good workout to get back into it

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am looking for a full body workout to do 3-4 days a week. I haven't worked out in about 3 years, but worked out hard during my days playing football. Really just want something to get me back into the swing of things, not trying to be a body builder or anything crazy like that. I want to get back to where I can bench 225 a few times (we never maxed out for football) but now I know I couldn't bench 135 10 times if I tried.lol The thing about me is when I do workout I see results pretty quickly, but it takes my strength awhile to go up. It's weird. I'm trying to get to where I can do 100 pushups without stopping again, and I don't have anywhere to deadlift in my gym so that's out. Probably wouldn't do much dead lifting or power cleans anyways. I was using 70lb dumbells and doing step-ups 3 sets of 15 and leg presses over squats.

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's a sticky at the top of the page called THE VAULT - there you will find all you need.

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
switch said:
bill starr's 5x5.

stay away from ripetoe.he sucks.
Bill Starrs 5x5 is good for intermediate/advanced trainees that need heavy/medium/light days, but a beginner doesn't need to cycle intensity because they are so far from their genetic potential.

Rippetoe is good in the sense that he gets beginners performing the squat, press & deadlift on a regular basis, saving them from bro split purgatory. But the cult like following is just as bad as crossfit or the likes. GOMAD isn't the answer for every trainee like they preach.

Try this routine Robert:

Squat 3x10
Bench 3x8
Barbell row 3x8
Press 3x8
Stiff leg deadlifts 3x8
Barbell curls 3x8
Chins & Dips 3xFailure (if you've still got gas in the tank)

Stick with it for a couple of months, or however long it takes to get back into your groove. Do whatever rep range you want, whether it's 3x8, 5x5, 4x6. Until you get your lifts up, it's largely unimportant. The #1 thing is the amount of effort and intensity you put into your routine.

A sh1t routine with 100% effort will produce better progress than the best routine with only 50% effort.

Need some motivation?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI13PqNrPdA

U

user43770

switch said:
bill starr's 5x5.

stay away from ripetoe.he sucks.
LOL at switch...always hating on Rippetoe...for reasons unknown....

I saw tremendous gains following Rippetoe's "Starting Strength." Extraordinary book. It's mainly focused at beginners. So if you're that, buy it. Or download it. Whatever you want. Wonderful information in that book. Especially about form, which switch knows SH1T about.

Personally, I saw my best gains following Martin Berkhan's Reverse Pyramid Training. All of his information can be found on his website leangains.com. You have to read around around a little bit, but if you're serious about making the change, you'll do it. It worked for me. I should make a thread about it with pics. I thought I already did.

The reason it worked, though, was because he taught me about the importance of diet. I worked out for years, always spinning my wheels. Berkhan made everything easy. Eating comes first. Eating comes first.

switch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TyTe`EyEz said:
LOL at switch...always hating on Rippetoe...for reasons unknown....

I saw tremendous gains following Rippetoe's "Starting Strength." Extraordinary book. It's mainly focused at beginners. So if you're that, buy it. Or download it. Whatever you want. Wonderful information in that book. Especially about form, which switch knows SH1T about.

Personally, I saw my best gains following Martin Berkhan's Reverse Pyramid Training. All of his information can be found on his website leangains.com. You have to read around around a little bit, but if you're serious about making the change, you'll do it. It worked for me. I should make a thread about it with pics. I thought I already did.

The reason it worked, though, was because he taught me about the importance of diet. I worked out for years, always spinning my wheels. Berkhan made everything easy. Eating comes first. Eating comes first.
i deadlifted 550 in less than 15 months. yes i do not know anything.

i hate ripetoe simply bcuz i hate his legion of idiotic ignorant "weak fat " morons on the internet. one of the prime examples is fageyes here, whom cannot squat 400 if his miserable life depended on it.his parents hate him and put ricin in his food, but he has developed immunity to it and now they have hired assassins. :crackup:

salvator said:
Bill Starrs 5x5 is good for intermediate/advanced trainees that need heavy/medium/light days, but a beginner doesn't need to cycle intensity because they are so far from their genetic potential.

Rippetoe is good in the sense that he gets beginners performing the squat, press & deadlift on a regular basis, saving them from bro split purgatory. But the cult like following is just as bad as crossfit or the likes. GOMAD isn't the answer for every trainee like they preach.

Try this routine Robert:

Squat 3x10
Bench 3x8
Barbell row 3x8
Press 3x8
Stiff leg deadlifts 3x8
Barbell curls 3x8
Chins & Dips 3xFailure (if you've still got gas in the tank)

Stick with it for a couple of months, or however long it takes to get back into your groove. Do whatever rep range you want, whether it's 3x8, 5x5, 4x6. Until you get your lifts up, it's largely unimportant. The #1 thing is the amount of effort and intensity you put into your routine.

A sh1t routine with 100% effort will produce better progress than the best routine with only 50% effort.

Need some motivation?
did i mention that i hate crossfaggots? yes i do ,however the girls in crossfit are HOT,HOOOOAAAWWWWT...so kudos to crossfit.
crossfit producing nice bootys since ...i dont know 2000? lol
good advice you need more reps

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
switch said:
did i mention that i hate crossfaggots? yes i do ,however the girls in crossfit are HOT,HOOOOAAAWWWWT...so kudos to crossfit.
crossfit producing nice bootys since ...i dont know 2000? lol
good advice you need more reps
Yep, producing elite asses, not fitness.

I don't need reps, I need some fvcking energy and motivation.

Ashx88

Banned
Reaction score
it does'nt matter whether you start it or not. but task has to accomplished everyday..
if not the return symptoms will be very bad

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Robert28 said:
I am looking for a full body workout to do 3-4 days a week. I haven't worked out in about 3 years, but worked out hard during my days playing football. Really just want something to get me back into the swing of things, not trying to be a body builder or anything crazy like that. I want to get back to where I can bench 225 a few times (we never maxed out for football) but now I know I couldn't bench 135 10 times if I tried.lol The thing about me is when I do workout I see results pretty quickly, but it takes my strength awhile to go up. It's weird. I'm trying to get to where I can do 100 pushups without stopping again, and I don't have anywhere to deadlift in my gym so that's out. Probably wouldn't do much dead lifting or power cleans anyways. I was using 70lb dumbells and doing step-ups 3 sets of 15 and leg presses over squats.
I'd start out with a 5x5 program, theres more than one out there. You got Bill Starr and Mark Rippetoe like others mentioned. You got Strong Lifts, Mad Cow, Reg Park and probably more modified versions. The program pretty much meets your needs. You just have to follow it and try to make progression each week. Keep doing that for 4-6 months and see where your at. If your still continuing to make progress, keep doing the program until you cant make anymore progress.