Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Some questions on body language

sapphire

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I noticed that sometimes when I approach a chick and we start conversing she will cross her arms after a minute or two.

I read that when a girl crosses her arms it is a bad sign and that she is subconsciously trying to form a barrier between you.

However, I also heard that it is a sign of nervousness and/or shyness.

How do you tell which is which?

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A little bit of both or just one or the other. There are other forms to detect the overall picture. One type of body language is not enough to know the actual mood of the person.

You can only know for sure if you notice with the crossing of her arms, her tone of voice ,look on her face or the conversation itself changes from positive to negative. If none of that happens everything is still good.

sapphire

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, it's funny because some women who have done it I thought were not interested and latger I find out that they liked me all the while.

It kind of throws you off when they send mixed signals.

insomniac

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've seen it as either a sign of nervousness/shyness or disinterest. If she initially has her arms crossed, she will likely uncross them as she gets more comfortable with you.

But, if she crosses them later...not a good sign. I was out with one girl for a second time, and we ended up sitting next to each other on a couch at a coffee house. I'd sometimes stare off to the side of her when I talked...not looking at anything in particular, just into space. However, she turned to see what I was looking at, and a few feet away from the diretion I was looking was a girl with a huge chest and tight t-shirt. She crossed her arms right after that...and I never heard from her again.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When ever a girl crosses her arms while talking to me I tend to just stay focused. Usually If I've just met a girl I expect some resistance so I try to just be calm and turn up the charm a little bit. Try to impress, show her some brains, get her to relax a little bit.

No matter what crossed arms are you just want to keep yourself in a good rhythem of words and bend the conversation as necessary to hold her interest and not have her get the wrong ideas about you.

Easily said, easily executed, results are plain and obvious.

Skweints

Don Juan
Reaction score
Crossing arms is NOT a sign of disinterest UNLESS it is accompanied with other signs of disinterest. (e.g. looking at watch, looking at sky, tapping foot, etc.)

Crossing arms, with normal eye contact, usually just means she's uncomfortable with you... doesn't mean she's uninterested at all.

DeathDealer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Crossing arms/legs means they are guarded, it can mean a whole lot of things, but it always means they are guarded.