Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Softball training

OddTech

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
(Mods, feel free to move this as you see fit.)

Hi guys. I just finished my softball game today and my team lost (again). We have several games left. Is there anything I can do to improve my game? What can I do to run the ball down better (I play right field)? Is there anything I can do be a better slugger? Is there any conditioning I can do to improve my performance (food, weight-training, strecthing, etc)? I don't know, I don't mind losing, but I feel bad when the team lose. Thanks!

bcdefxyz2000

Don Juan
Reaction score
hey, i dont play softball but i play baseball and its close enough. i pitch but i also play a lot of outfield. im pretty fast so i dont usually have a problem running down balls, but get practice with someone hiting you balls so you can get a better read of the ball off the bat. you will get a few more steps that way. i also used to have a problem with chasing the balls that were hit behind me. i would go imediatly to my left or right and then i would have to change and start running back too, so i was running more of a rainbow patern, i learned to get the direct path to meet the ball and it cut a lot of time off co i could cut it off. another tip i used was to go as agressive as you can. dont slow down at all, you will be surprised at the balls you can chase down that you didnt think you could.

as for batting, well i dont have as much strength as a lot of the other guys on my team, and im skinnier, but over the last year or so i have become one of the more powerfull hiters on my team because of my form. basicly the faster your hands go through the zone the faster the bat will whip around and if you make contact it will move. all i can say about your hitting is take lots of battign practice. work on your form. have someone help you out by watching your form and corecting it. it did wonders for me.

most of the workouts i do just involve staying in shape, but i think it helps to work your abs a lot cause it guides in the motion of throwing, batting, and fieldong. i dont stretch too often but i probably should.

i dotn know how advanced you are , but i know my baseball.

prosemont

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nah, the post will stay here. I *suppose* that softball is a sport and therefore athletics.

AlbinoWhitey

Reaction score
Hand Eye Co-ordination

...yeah

Learn to juggle. You'de be surprised how much it helps you with being able to flip a ball around and know where it is going to be located without watching it.

Outfield... work on your crow hop, you will be able to throw the ball farther and faster. Basically just a crazy little hop before you throw the ball, it works. Practice transering the ball to your hand from your glove as quickly as possible. First step should always be a step back, making sure balls don't go over your head.

Base running... You can go for the Kenny Lofton approach and tie a parachute behind your back and run with that, OR you can use one of those things that are use to de-rock the infield. Any type of resistance. Yeah, you will look like a fool, until they see your reamming thier .. yeah.

Batting... Hmm, this is where their isn't much help that can be given. Softball is different than Baseball. Just practice I suppose, raise the quickness of your bat, that is the most important part.

OddTech

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, thanks a lot guys. I should try the "rainbow" pattern that you're talking about, and the "crow hop."

In softball, I'm playing the "no strikeout" types of game. Basically that means the batter can't strikeout and he/she must be field-out. That sucks because the defense has to work overtime. This is a pretty good workout because I spend the whole evening sprinting after that ball. The win usually goes to the team with the best defense. Hence, I'm more eager to work out defense than offense. Thanks again.

DJintheworks

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
when you are starting off in softball/baseball you can make a significant improvement by REALLY concentrating on the ball. Don't ever get lazy, if you are outfield or infield watch the ball from the pitchers release to the first SECOND it comes off the bat. That second should give you a better jump on the ball than what the other recreational players are getting.
same with hitting. i don't get dingers but I am the best percentage hitter on the team because I focus and concentrate on the exact spot I am going to connect with the ball and where I am trying to place it.

Tiggis

Don Juan
Reaction score
The #1 Softball tip you can have..

GO to the store.

Find a demarini double wall softball bat.. IT must be a double wall bat! IT cost 230.00 dollars..

The bat is so hot that USSSA, ASA, NSA all outlawed it two years ago.. and it barely made it back into the sport.

Softball is the only sport I know of that the bat does really make the hitter..

This will improve your game 1000 %

THis is no **** I have umpired this game for 21 years.. about 700 - 900 games a year..

The PST, the wicked, the Mikien Ultra .. the ultra may not be legal even now in your leauge be warned its too hot and has killed some people.