Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Society in the 21st century

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Very good. I thought Cracked was more of a humor site, but this is actually pretty sharp. (While being humorous.)

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
#7. We feel worthless, because we actually are worth less.

i thought that was an insightful thing to print. so much of our personal demons in life come from the realization that our 'worth' is subjective, not objective.

when you think about it life is like a stephen king story - born in to a world, no idea of what you are suppose to do, surrounded by crazy people, and all this just for it all to end with you collapsing in pain and dying.

the key though is to learn how to enjoy the insanity and make the most of it while you are alive.

Luthor Rex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
joekerr31 said:
born in to a world, no idea of what you are suppose to do, surrounded by crazy people
Here I thought I was the only one that believed this...

:up:

realsmoothie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pretty good stuff.

I am having a hard time with the whole internet thing right now. In a lot of ways it helps me a lot socially... Facebook has connected me with a lot of friends I hadn't seen in more than a decade and keeps me involved with social activities and the such. MSN is good for quick convo's and the occasional flirt. You can learn all manner of things from various informative sites, be it on politics or sports or, uh, DJ'ing.

But at the same time I feel the internet is SEPERATING me from the rest of the world. Talking over the net is not the same as talking to someone on the phone, which in hand isn't the same as seeing someone in person.

I was hanging out with a girl (friend, not an ex or something) the other day, hadn't seen her in ages. Realized that my conversation skills were declining when I'm talking to someone I don't have a consistent with (i.e. close friend, co-worker). It was hard to keep up, to come up with things to say fast enough.

I wonder about just kicking myself off the internet for a week to see what happens. I think it may be quite difficult.

jonwon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Remember when you was a kid.

The only way to play was to go out side and play with other kids.

Go-karting, on the bike, swings, parks, cuts and bruises.

Now kids, turn on consoles or use face-book or Myspace.

its not just the western sphere either.

i was on holiday in greece, i was watching an internet caffee, it was full of young kids around the age of 10-15, all sitting next to each other, doing chat room stuff, to other kids.

There for hours, longer then i was in the bar, sat with other kids, talking to kids on a chat room, wierd bizzare and the way things are going.
Back in the old days, those kids would have pulled together to do, duffs, dares, games e.t.c made bonds and gone home knackered and sleep till dawn and do it all again.

The older generation are no better.

Each day i go out and there are people talking about Facebook, about all the mates they know through facebook, granted they have loads of mates, but they may has well be talking to some AI.

People now seem to have 100+ contacts on there MSN and stay in and MSN all night, never ever once actually hooking up with someone.

Now we have dating sites, what better way to try the scripted guru's stuff, male or female then a dating site, how totally and utterly mechanic.

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What does the link say? I cant see because the website is blocked for me at work. :(

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

realsmoothie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't see it as a negative article, really. It's pointing out negative things about society... so that makes it "negative"?

Huh, maybe we should all sing happy happy songs and buy stuff like TV tells us to.

spread_love

Don Juan
Reaction score
Society in these days and times is sadly very superficial, so many people live their lives like the only ****ing things that matter are money and the right designer clothes and to be seen with the right coffee or be seen at the right places, there are so many sheep in the 2000's it's pathetic and so ugly.

Then we have Disney pimping out little girls and dressing them like sluts, creating a never ending supply for the pedophiles, you look at Zoey 101 and tell me that is acceptable having her and the other girls at 14 years old, covered in heavy make up and dressed in mini skirts, it's the same with Britney Spears and Christina A , they went from innocent Child stars to dressing, singing and acting like *****s and that is talent?.

What passes as entertainment these days makes me sick, air headed and faked tanned non celebrities, there is absolutely no substance to "people" like The Olly Girls or Pars Hilton,The Girls of Playboy Mansion, Victoria Beckham, etc...

I actually wish we could go back and re live the sixties and seventies, I am sure it wasn't as fake and superficial back then, at times I want to kill myself just to get away from this ****ed up World, Bush has done so much damage and created so many problems there is so much bloodshed and pain and suffering and most of the stars just care about their cribs and their bling to actually give a ****.

Things need to change, but how will they?

I wasn't angry when I wrote this, I am just really disappointed with the way the World is these days and feel helpless I can't change it.

realsmoothie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey spread...

...don't worry, buddy. Things are socially better than they were in the 60's and 70's... the only problem is the dipsh*t religious f*cks who can't accept that sex and openness are the DEFAULT position of society.

Things are getting better. This I am sure of.

grinder

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve had more marriages, more kids, more jobs, more unpleasant events, and more years in this world than most of you so I can report to you unequivocably that:

THE WORLD IS THE BEST IT’S EVER BEEN AND IT’S GETTING BETTER EVERY DAY.

So I mean this in the nicest way when I say: Get a life! And while you’re at it: Get a good one. It’s your choice.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
I don't think the world is getting WORSE...people in EVERY generation have had to decide whether to transition from "running on autopilot" to thinking for themselves...the "problem" with modern society is that all these so-called "conveniences" make it easier to avoid making that decision. People don't really learn to think for themselves, and they're not getting enough input into their developmental process.

Sure, everyone gets there eventually, but buffer someone behind the Internet or cellphone long enough and they may not make it in their lifetime.