Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Social Success is my only Motivation in life.

harkkam08

Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys I need an opinion on something.

I've read the DJ bible and the main theme that seems to run through it, is having goals dreams and aspirations in career, physical fitness and spirituality, anything that doesn't have to do with women.

However in my personal life, my biggest satisfaction and happiness comes from being successful with people around me. Meaning if I am able to score with women it makes me feel good, and if I am able to meet new friends that makes me feel great too.

I recently stayed at a Frat house and met tons of people, I've never been happier my entire life. Not just girls but I met many cool guys and I felt a sense of belonging and happiness I've never felt before.

To me socializing is a really important factor in my overall happiness, honestly I just want to give up school. Find a simple job and spend all my time meeting new people at bars, and clubs and just about everywhere else people hangout.

When I am successful for the day in socializing, then i feel motivated to achieve my other smaller goals, like working out and doing well in school.

To me the high that I get from having a women respond positively and meeting new people and being the center of attention is amazing.

I was having fun at these frat parties and I simply loved just being there. Nothing else could compare to the satisfaction of playing beer pong at 2 in the morning with thirty people.

All I want to do is sarge and meet new people. However i have other goals as well and sometimes they end up suffering because I am making effort in trying to push myself out of my comfort zone.

It takes lots of emotional energy to socialize with people because I have anxiety and everyday it takes courage to push past the barrier and put myself out there. That I usually have no energy left for other goals in my life.

I want to go to law school, however it worries me that doing so is going to take time away from growing as a person socially.

What should I do? Should I give up my goals of my career, to spend all that time to work on my social skills?

^__^

Don Juan
Reaction score
You have your whole life to be social.

Careers are important now. They bring the best social lives if you do it right.

harkkam08

Don Juan
Reaction score
How does a career lead to a social life? Arent you stuck behind a desk your 9-5? Then go home and rinse and repeat?

JAS760

Don Juan
Reaction score
There is nothing "wrong" with being social as your source of happiness.
I have a question though
can you stand being by yourself? is it a need or a want to be around people?

harkkam08

Don Juan
Reaction score
I hate being alone to be honest. I love being around people and being constantly stimulated by other people.

My mood starts to go down if I dont approach a new girl each day, or if I dont meet new people. I have to be socializing or I start to feel down.

My goal is to be able to hangout in groups in my college campus and walk around with four guys and three girls or hangout with people on the quad that I always see, sunbathing.

I am a loner and I want to change that, so thats why I hate being alone because I feel like I am failing myself.

Also it feels damn good, to meet new people and new girls and guys.

I hate being alone for those two reasons.

^__^

Don Juan
Reaction score
harkkam08 said:
How does a career lead to a social life? Arent you stuck behind a desk your 9-5? Then go home and rinse and repeat?
You are naive friend. Careers are not limited to desk work. You can be a DJ (disk jockey), entrepreneur, event planner, or anything like that.

There is a myriad of choices that'll bring you financial success whilst at the same time vastly improve your social interactions.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You probably enjoy socializing because you have an extrovert personality and thrive off of human contact and interaction.

harkkam08 said:
I want to go to law school
Then make straight A's and study like a fiend for the lsat. When you get there, you will find everyone to be dorky and socially awkward.

harkkam08

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thats what Im worried about. That the people in law school are going to be dorky and socially awkward and that I am going to go into a profession that will hamper my ability to expand my social success.

I was thinking about becoming a DJ for a while, not as a career but as a hobby. I've DJ'd some frat parties already so its not totally new to me.

SteR

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
harkkam08 said:
Thats what Im worried about. That the people in law school are going to be dorky and socially awkward and that I am going to go into a profession that will hamper my ability to expand my social success.

I was thinking about becoming a DJ for a while, not as a career but as a hobby. I've DJ'd some frat parties already so its not totally new to me.
One of my buddies is a lawyer and I can tell you right now that it ain't the case at all.. I've been to a few of the parties his colleagues have thrown and some of the girls are unbelievably hot... 90% of them were all regular people too ie. not socially awkward

stayfly

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
have some fukking balance in your life, stop being so needy and stop future projecting absolute bull****.

you may need to seek counselling or something if you are unable to do the above.

5string

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll tell you straight. Unfvck yourself right now, finish school and go get your law degree. If you don't, you'll regret it. My best friend is an attorney and he's the coolest guy you'd meet. Anything but "dorky". You are trying to justify "settling" for a lifestyle of being much less than who you can be. I'm one of the older guys here and can tell you this, I almost dropped out of college at one point. Got my act together and finished which resulted in a great career that I'm still in to this day. There will always be opportunities to be social and be with women. Your educational window of opportunity is only open so long. Get on with it and don't give up till you finish.

TotalNoob

Reaction score
hey. i'm a lawyer. i kind of agree that a lot of people working in this profession don't have much going on outside of work and that does get a bit tedious.

i've recently gone part time to do other stuff. it works for me. it has taken me a couple of years to get to a stage in my career where that's viable, however.

plus i don't really care about making money... if i were money motivated there's probably no way i could have taken the drop in salary.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PairPlusRoyalFlush said:
I'm a first year law student right now. There are quite a few socially awkward people there but a lot of normal people too
You just think they're normal :D

However, I can't deny that I met a lot of great people in law school and do not regret the experience. About half of lawyers & law students are alcoholics, so there are always good parties. Good luck in school.

omkara

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
PairPlusRoyalFlush said:
I'm a first year law student right now. There are quite a few socially awkward people there but a lot of normal people too that just happen to be somewhat intelligent. Women outside of law school that never gave you the time of day will be throwing themselves at you, but you will not have time to do much with them besides FB.
Really? Just because you're gonna be a lawyer? Everything I hear is that there are too many lawyers now and the field is maxed out.