Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Social Status in College

Heyjose25points

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, u probably know me by now, as I did the
"Frat Guys=DJ's?" thread. But I was wondering, is there any way besides joining a frat to get social status in college? Oh, and about the College Threads, its seems like its good to be outgoing and friendly, but it seems as if people think that (Friendly = easy to get ass kicked) :confused:

Interpol

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can join lots of clubs, but nothing will give you the same status as being in frat...Really, the key to social status in college is just knowing lots of other cool people...Being in a frat is usually the best way to accomplish that.

Luveno

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
depends on where you're from:

USA: Yeah, frats seem to be some sort of requirement for social proof. I surely don't get it.

Anywhere else in the world: don't join a frat. It's frowned upon.

tapout632

Don Juan
Reaction score
I personally despise "frat boys" they're all immature alcoholics who think it's cool and dont really get women they just get sluts. whatever floats your boat though.

Heyjose25points

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Nah, the frat i wanted to join didn't give me a bid, so I'm startin to think that frat life is not for me. I'm just startin to think that havin high social status in college is really the only way to get females.

ImmortalDragon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Is social status in college like it is in high school? I mean do people care as much about it?

Heyjose25points

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Nah, not as much as high school, but whenever you go to Frat Parties, the frat guys seem to get the Hottest chicks in their own terf. Normals usually get it by luck or if they are Master DJs.

Seeph

Don Juan
Reaction score
The reason that the frat guys get the girls at the party is because the girls go to the party for the same reason you are looking to join the frat. To be known... Girls think that if they start sleeping with frat guys then they will become popular... frat guys know this and take control of the situation... If you think about it most frat guys exude confidence because they are "in The frat" with all their bro's, and think they are the prize.. You however, are trying to become the wrapping paper on the prize.. not the prize itself.. be your own person and do what u want.

I have never rushed but have partied with lots of frats at my school.. Several of them have given me bids but I dont take them because the frat life is not what i want or who i am. However, I still party with them and pick up the girls too.. I am able to accomplish this because I do WHAT I WANT and respect myself and people respect me for it..

sfalexi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
To me, most frat guys seem to be losers in disguise. In this case, a sheep in wolf's clothing. They literally USE the frat name to make people think they're "cool". And they depend on their frat brothers to back them up in any situation (a strength in numbers type thing).

So to be honest, I pretty much think frats are pretty lame. The last frat party I went to (which was also my first . . . it was that lame), you could tell that it was just a bunch of losers trying to pretend they were cool because, "WE HAVE BEER!"

I've never been able to see social status really applied in college. Just find a club or something that you enjoy, start out making friends in there, and work off of that (meet THEIR friends, friends of friends, and pretty soon you'll be fairly known, if that's what you're shooting for, and you'll have a good network of people to contact to hang out between classes and whatnot).

Another way to gain social status is to just join in random conversations if you know you can hold your own. You can't be afraid of what they'll think of a stranger chiming in, but if someone's talking about a topic that you know a lot about (be it cars, movies, politics) or even better one that you are strongly opinionated on, just bust in on it with confidence, and they'll allow you to debate. After they leave or you have to leave, introduce yourself. You'll feel better getting nods in the hallway and "wassups" whenever you're walking around because they recognize you.

But all in all, I haven't ever noticed anyone as "uber-cool" in college. Just recognized the complete losers. Usually associated with some sort of arts major (don't know why, but it often turns out that way.)

Alexi

Unforsaken

Don Juan
Reaction score
Why are fraternity guys the way they are? It because they meet so many people, it helps improve upon social skills. This past week I went to there rush event and meet over 100 people. After that it began second nature to be out going and talk to random people. It turn into a big routine. I don't know about most other fraternities, but the one I got a bid for was so cool. I bonded with everyone.

If your interested in joining a fraternity don't do it for the girls nor partys. You can get that anywhere. The fraternity is for brother hood (depends if you just want that then there other fraternities). Also, yeah I had fraternity members introduce me to friends that where theirs (specifically girls) and it just kept spreading. Next thing you know I had a social network of over 150 people at the university and yeah I gain some social status, walking the halls someone will always recognize me.

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thats **** is over RATED!

dont worry about this social status in college..make some cool as friends..who might be AFC;s but want to change..or Make DJ non frat friends..im telling you thats weak...there has to be hundreds of hot girls who arent in sororities..and if they are mindless SLUTS dont bother anyways!

good luck

Interpol

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Unforsaken
Why are fraternity guys the way they are? It because they meet so many people, it helps improve upon social skills. This past week I went to there rush event and meet over 100 people. After that it began second nature to be out going and talk to random people. It turn into a big routine. I don't know about most other fraternities, but the one I got a bid for was so cool. I bonded with everyone.

If your interested in joining a fraternity don't do it for the girls nor partys. You can get that anywhere. The fraternity is for brother hood (depends if you just want that then there other fraternities). Also, yeah I had fraternity members introduce me to friends that where theirs (specifically girls) and it just kept spreading. Next thing you know I had a social network of over 150 people at the university and yeah I gain some social status, walking the halls someone will always recognize me.
Exactly, someone here gets it...