Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Social Proof, how to improve it?

Raven80

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've read that social proof is very important if you want to be able to get some pretty girls, unfortunately in my case, being a depression survivor, you kind of lose all your friends because of such a thing, but I've made my peace with that, and I wanna move on, the problem is how do you start from scratch making new friends? The people I work with are pretty much all Koreans who keep to themselves. I believe in myself but I just don't know where to start? what would you guys do if you were in my place and wanted to seek social proof?

COD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Simply stated; social proof is displaying you are in demand, a prize to win over, you are popular, cool, fun person, have likeable qualities. This status can give you an edge from the moment they glance in your direction. It’s all about perception, how others view you. You want to strive to exude success when interacting with others. When you project social proof it’s like having a backstage pass to all the major events. Lets take a look at some ways of projecting social proof.

1. AVATAR-you heard clothes make the man, well it’s true. How you dress and the accessories you incorporate all influence how you feel about yourself and how others see you. Put on some sun glasses, smoke a cigarette and you get instant transformation. The goal her is to make others say “Ya he’s cool”.

2. BODY LANGUAGE-how you stand, the way you walk, the look on your face, even how you hold your drink all speak volumes and convey a sub-text no amount of words could portray.

3. WINGMAN-having a cool wingman on your side especially if she is a female gives you added value.

4. PROPS-having gadgets, gizmos, a nice car, gold jewelry, expensive watch, big house, huge band account all exude sex appeal.

5. POLISHING-a golden tan, white teeth, impeccable hygiene, manicured nails, good physique all scream confidence.

6. HARD COPY PROOF-this works wonders online in addition to infield. Pictures of you at famous places, with famous people, pics of you with other women, pets, babies, pics of you in a magazine, video of you with other women or at a party, * testimonials from women on social net-working sites or dating sites, endorsements from wingman, friends, ex partners, etc

7. STATUS-if you know the owner, doorman, DJ, head bar tender, band member, police chief, author, anyone in authority, you are instantly cool by association. When you are in the spotlight people gravitate towards you.

8. AWARDS-if you have an important title, won any awards, contest winner, letters of recognition, trophies, prizes, been on t.v. or movie, play, written a book, published an article/poem, high I.Q., etc

9. FEMALE FRIENDS-being comfortable around cute women and having them as friends makes you appear confident, natural, sociable, and less creepy than standing alone.

 you can make it appear you have social proof by designing a testimonial from a “HOT CHIC” along with a random picture of said hot chic and posting it on your profile. List your occupation as someone cool, admirable, authoritative. Examples: DJ, author, CEO, fireman, police officer, teacher, Doctor, Lawyer, model, actor, athlete, etc. It’s not compensating for any shortcomings, its more accentuating your positives to the max.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hot girl's want status first and foremost. Social proof is just the outward manifestation of status. Work on making yourself a high-status male and the rest will fall into place.

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys are giving him good advice but he's recovering from depression he needs more in depth..
First my names Chris. My viewpoints on seduction are a little diffrent than the norm..
Ok..
First I'm assuming your social circle is small so this is how your going to go about this..

There has to be one person you are cool with who "gets" it..
A guy who gets layed, has female friends .. a natural so to speak..
Your going to infiltrate his circle.. think of this whole process as a james bond mission if it makes it fun..

Infiltrate his circle of friends.. start hanging out with him more and more gradually..
Have good social skills.. introduce yourself to everyone with a handshake and a look in the eye..
Don't be the quiet new guy.. become the life of the party..
When everyone is sitting around be that one guy who starts dancing or doing something fun..Smile..
If your going through one of your depression bouts make yourself scarce..
Take pictures with his hot female friends..

Wait wait wait.. let me back track..
You need some nice in style clothes.. nothing boring..
Polo shirts
Nice jeans levi, true religion, rockin republic,
Shoes to match the shirt always..

Take pictures get a edge..
Put the picture on facebook/myspace..
If you can get the chicks hugged up on you even better get them to pose..
Kiss both cheeks..
Alchohol helps..

Get a hobby.. something different that's you..
Mixed martial arts.
Motor bikes..
Art..
Dance..
Are all good..

From one social group begets more social groups..
You'll start getting invited to parties.. outings..
Everytime its new people there rinse wash and repeat the above..

Now here comes the fun part..

from all these new social groups you pick and choose girls and guys you clicked with the most..
Now you create your OWN clique that your the leader of because your the connection that links all the members..
Viola.. you are now the ****..
Your well known..
All the females know you and you've got all the social proof you'll need..
Remember to stay fun..
Never argue
And always smile

Underhanded? Yes..
Sneaky? Yes
Does it work yes..

Source; 48 laws of power and other books on mass people seducing..
Keep me posted in this thread or via pm
Good luck
-chris

dude04

Don Juan
Reaction score
what if you got no friends and no one who you're cool with; you stay at home all day sleeping, watching tv, and eating: you got 0 percent social proof. and it's been like this for over 5 years?

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm..
Wow..
Eat, sleep, no friends for five years?
Ok..
Your going to have to join some type of club to meet people..
Martial arts classes,
The gym
Dancing
Even church..

And your going to have to change your slacker ways
Get off that ass and go outside..

And I forgot to add..
5years with no social life its going to be a long road..
Your bound to be infefcted with social anxiety..
Going to take a lot of trys and failures before people accept you..
This is life changing..
You and a 500lb man trying to lose 300 of thoes pounds are going to need the same
Type of determination .. just don't give up..
A journey of 1000 miles starts with 1 footstep..
Your footstep is go the fvck outside..
-chris

Raven80

Don Juan
Reaction score
first 2 replies are good but most is a bit advanced at this stage I'm afraid. I have to say though, Cola you've motivated me. Having a social life takes work, but one thing that will never work is not being proactive about it. You've motivated me to make more of an effort. Thank you

falcon814

Don Juan
Reaction score
Definitely join a gym if your starting out from 0.

Take a dance class that doesnt require you to bring your own dance partner.

There is a lot of stuff you can do, you just need to get up and start doin it.

I.A.F.Y.B.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bottom line is you just gotta be social with everyone and be in a fun mindset.

If your not having fun and socializing much. You get viewed as boring or weird.

COD made some good points but... In my opinion the material things and having a tan and ect dont really mean sh!t. Sure, things like that catch peoples eye but, that only goes so far.

guywhoneedshelp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I often spend time alone. I have a good excuse for it, but I never explain it like it's an excuse or anything. (I work 6P-2A shifts which is kind of the opposite of most of the world) When I go out during the day and strike a random conversation with a girl, maybe she's waiting on line to order a sandwich or she's on the boardwalk walking her dog - whatever, my excuse for being alone is that fact that I want to feel like I'm living the day to the fullest and a lot of my friends are asleep from "last night." This generally leads to the question of "what happened last night" which I can then social proof myself by talking about my friends even if I'm not with them.

ready123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
COD, stop giving people the wrong definition of social proof... seriously man, you guys reinvent terminology and confuse the sht out of guys who have no clue. Then they get a warped social model in their head that's not even accurate and leads them nowhere

Social proof was originally a marketing term. If you wanna understand it, just go read Cialdini's Influence. It's why they have Kobe and Lebron selling vitamin water. That nasty ass drink is perceived as having more value by being endorsed by athletes

Applied to gaming girls, you're the vitamin water, your cool friends and whatever hot girl you're seen with are Kobe and Lebron. It's basically a way for you to generate passive attraction, as opposed to the attraction you actually have to work for by opening your mouth. You walk into a club with a hot girl on your arm, as opposed to going in by yourself, you should be able to FEEL the difference in passive attraction from girls who are eyeballing you. Social proof from that hot girl is the cause

Now here's the thing - you don't NEED it. If you do cold approaches, you won't have it, at least not at the beginning. This is why a lot of club PUA's work the club and meet everybody, in the end the social proof from appearing to know everybody generates a lot of passive attraction. Regardless, if you can't hold a conversation, or keep a girl interested, or make her feel comfortable, social proof is not gonna do sht for you. The attraction you gained from it will just evaporate

Far as how do you make friends: don't step on other peoples egos, put yourself out there, and seek others with common interests and hobbies. Those are the vital behaviors

MKS82

Don Juan
Reaction score
go out, gym, live where there are a lot of people etc. Dude I moved overseas and did not know one soul in a very foreign land. Yet i still grew a social circl, pulled the hottest girls in school got hated on by many etc. it can be done. Just depends on how you look and act cause that determines the type of people you attract.

S.Y.L

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
play team sports, they help you get a lot of friends and ****.