Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Social Isolation

rocketman7

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just wanted to post about what I see is happening in this society we live in, which is social isolation. I know you guys live in different countries, some live in cities, suburbs, small towns and out in the country. I happen to live in a big metropolitan area and you would think it would be EASY to meet women in a big metro area, but it is NOT! It might actually be easier to meet women in a small town where the people are friendly and not so stressed out. For example, where I live NO ONE talks to their neighbors or socializes with people, it is not a friendly place to live. Therefore, it makes it hard to meet people, let alone meet women. Oh and another thing, the women here have the "princess barbie complex" where they think the world owes them a living ( and they deserve a rich husband just because they want one!) I was at Borders bookstore today and Whole foods. I saw a LOT of HOT women but not one was approachable! They had that look of "DON'T approach me! I am a princess barbie! I am god's gift to men!" It's hard to make friends with single guys let alone meet women when you live in an area where people stay in their homes all the time and don't even want to attempt to meet their neighbors. I am going to be taking some college classes soon and hopefully that will help me meet some single guys and girls. Maybe living in a small town might be a good idea as far as improving ones social life. I think these big metropolitian areas are over rated as far being a good place to meet people. What do you guys think?

- Paul

decades

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is Not happening to the "society we live in". It's happening to rocketman7.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Law 18: Do Not Build Fortresses to Protect Yourself— Isolation is Dangerous

The world is dangerous and enemies are everywhere— everyone has to protect themselves. A fortress seems the safest. But isolation exposes you to more dangers than it protects you from-it cuts you off from valuable information, it makes you conspicuous and an easy target. Better to circulate among people, find allies, mingle. You are shielded from your enemies by the crowd.

I was at Borders bookstore today and Whole foods. I saw a LOT of HOT women but not one was approachable!
EVERY woman is approachable, you just need to be the right Man to do it. Don't wish the game was easier, wish you were better.

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rocketman,

Persistent exaction and RT are dead on; the problem you're perceiving is really you and let me try to explain that:

Try to think of someone you know or have met before (man or woman) who just made you feel good the moment you talked with them or saw them. Let me guess; this person you're thinking of approached you not just with a smile, but a genuine smile that you could see even inside him or her. It was the kind that affected you so deeply, that you couldn't even help yourself but smile back and feel good inside; even if you were currently in a bad mood!

That's the kind of person you need to strive to be. Develop yourself into a person that's genuinely happy on the inside and out, and not only will it give you that type of magnetism, but also it will help you better see the good in your fellow man (and woman). When you've mastered this, the only kind of people you will see are approachable people.

Don't take my advice to mean I've fully mastered this myself, because I haven't by a long shot; ............. but I'm working on it! See the problem as your problem, and you'll be off to a great start at resolving this issue!

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
azanon said:
Rocketman,

Persistent exaction and RT are dead on; the problem you're perceiving is really you and let me try to explain that:

Try to think of someone you know or have met before (man or woman) who just made you feel good the moment you talked with them or saw them. Let me guess; this person you're thinking of approached you not just with a smile, but a genuine smile that you could see even inside him or her. It was the kind that affected you so deeply, that you couldn't even help yourself but smile back and feel good inside; even if you were currently in a bad mood!

That's the kind of person you need to strive to be. Develop yourself into a person that's genuinely happy on the inside and out, and not only will it give you that type of magnetism, but also it will help you better see the good in your fellow man (and woman). When you've mastered this, the only kind of people you will see are approachable people.

Don't take my advice to mean I've fully mastered this myself, because I haven't by a long shot; ............. but I'm working on it! See the problem as your problem, and you'll be off to a great start at resolving this issue!
Great post Azanon!! In a few sentences, you just described the ultimate DJ! This is exactly what I'm striving for.

I've found that when I'm in a great mood, people go out of their way to approach and talk to me. It's really strange, it's like you exude some sort of powerful positive vibe or something, I can't describe it actually. People I think subconsiously sense that and just open up to you, and that puts you in an even better mood...and the it just keeps on growing from there.

Luthor Rex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
Law 18: Do Not Build Fortresses to Protect Yourself— Isolation is Dangerous

The world is dangerous and enemies are everywhere— everyone has to protect themselves. A fortress seems the safest. But isolation exposes you to more dangers than it protects you from-it cuts you off from valuable information, it makes you conspicuous and an easy target. Better to circulate among people, find allies, mingle. You are shielded from your enemies by the crowd.

EVERY woman is approachable, you just need to be the right Man to do it. Don't wish the game was easier, wish you were better.
It's funny you should say this... I was reading some of the speaches of Ronald Reagan and he gave similar advice for the problem we had with the Soviet Union: isolation is not the answer, confrontation while also offering peace... but peace on just terms, not peace in the form of surrender.

Maybe there should be a "Reagan doctrine" for dealing with women! LOL

:trouble:

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can offer some experience from a small town...

I know the upstairs neighbors in #5. The dad gave me and my friends some old Army BDU's to use as hunting clothes. I know the neighbors across the hall. They always greet me by name - nice, religious type folks. The neighbors in #10 are a single mom with two kids. I grill their dinner for them if I happen to be grilling. I see the daughter at the grocery store where she works, and the kid is going to the range with myself and my buddy. The resident manager in #4 has came down and smoked up with me and had ****tails. Sometimes I see her out and about, or she'll call and see if I'm going out to go out together. Dude in #6 is cool. He's a single father and we've chatted plenty. I got him to start using premium gas and he thanks me every time I see him. I invited the neighbors in 7 to stop by for ****tails if they have nothing else going on Friday nights. The dude works at my bank and my gf knows him from him coming in the bar where she works. I haven't talked to the dude's gf yet, they're still pretty new to the building. The people in #8 are sort of creepy. The chick is a single mother of a goth teen kid. I never see them, but the dude slides around wearing black and keeping his head down all the time. I've tried talking to them, but I think they are dead. One or two apartments are empty, I'm not sure. Out of a 10 unit building, there is only one apartement full of d!ckheads. These people are straight-up azzholes to everyone, complaining about silly sh!t to management, screaming kids running up and down the stairs without any regard for other tenants, leaving sh!t in the halls, etc.

Those azzholes just moved up from where?

Chicago.

I don't know what to tell you, rocketman, except that larger cities tend to be full of what I call "rat racers". You know, the chasing around, always riled up, always in a hurry, always have some fake-azz function to go to, stuffy, aprehensive, closed off, busy busy busy living-for-work types. Mind you, I'm not slamming these people as a race, I've lived that lifestyle and it's not for me. Perhaps the lifestyle isn't for you, either. I can definitely relate to what you are getting at: some people are just "too busy to be bothered", and they are "suspect" of any strangers talking to them. "What's this guy selling?"

My living situation is pretty supreme. It's a small town, but it's 5 minutes from a decent sized city. Quiet. It's getting swallowed up by sprawl, but I'll have moved before it gets annexed into the city. Hey, try a small town out. If it's not your bag, move back to the city.