Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

So your girlfriend wants to "take a break"?

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Time to have a bump. I think.

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This crap just happened to me with new girl seeing....something is going on with me late ly...I got pushy acting with and a bit clingy....I knew it was coming but I'm giving one last chance to meet me tonight... if she decline s then yeah, I'll tell her to have a nice life

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing more important than preserving your self respect and dignity.... I had forgotten how easy it is to be manipulated by those gooey love y dovey type feelings ...I was completely indifferent before I met thus chick....and there's definitely a direct correlation with how hot the chick is to those delusional feelings.....when u think about it just add 20 pounds fat in her abd those feelings would vanish quickly.... there fore it's stupid to be dictated by those phony feelings...all women are the same regardless of looks....that's how u have to see it....I'm telling this chick tonight to go meet other guys and have a nice life if she pulls the 2 week break thing again

IBreatheSpears

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Great posts, reminds me of two quotes. The first I don't know the origin of: Women are like monkeys: they firmly grasp the next branch before letting go of the current one. The second is from Athol Kay: "When the lines of communication are cut, you aren't going to receive a message saying that the lines are cut. That's what the lines of communication being cut means".

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
'Take a break'....?

Pfft. TMK says, 'Yeah sweetheart. You take your break.' Then I go down the pub with the lads the next Friday night to chat up other chicks.

christoff522

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
haha I told a girl I knew that i needed a break from her for a few days.

Then she acted like a d!ck so i told her it was gonna be a month now.

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bumpity bump for 2015!!! :D

captain55

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TillTheEndOfTime said:
There have been previous threads on this topic. Basically, most people here will agree that the relationship was over long before she ever says anything about "taking a break" or even flat out breaking up with you.

The comments about the change in behavior are spot on. It always plays out that way. When the girl starts getting distant and moody with you for no reason, you are about to get dumped in a few weeks.
This. I think too many guys on here jump ship with the whole " shes distant she must be cheating on me" thing. ITs ****ing rediculous.....All hot women have orbiters but it doesn't necessarily mean there was another guy...if you fellas catch my drift.

If the chick breaks up with you and doesn't beg you or try damn hard to get you to take her back down the road when she's single , there is a chance there wasn't anyone else she just lost attraction to you. You guys who all want your exes to come running back to you be careful for what you wish for.

Fireballs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The best part is when she calls you and tells you that she's ready and wants the break to be finished and you tell her:

''I kinda like this break thing, I think I might stay on it'' *click*

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who Dares Win said:
Very solid advice purefilth ;)

Also lets not forget the "argue tactic" where she takes a minor problem and use it to create a conflict which justify the following breaking up.

She decides to break but wants to leave the blame on you so just wait for a minor fact and use it as a bridge.

You forget to tell her that you had a drink with the guys and boom, she screams that you dont respect her and you dont communicate therefore its necesarry the "break" that Op talked about.

Even more funny is when she pisses you off on purpose and when you react she screams back that you mistreat her and you dont love her anymore and she has no other choice than leave.

Its all the same sh1t just with different option.
I had this same situation with my recent ex of 4 months.. this girl kept making dramas out of minor issues that can be resolved with some communication.

Where as she did not ask for a break, she pulled away and stopped talking, and escalating the problem

Week later i decided to next her and walk away!! Not hanging around to be humiliated, or to be treated like sh@t...

BrainDamage92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think that you can easily sense when she starts losing love for you so you can blow her off first no questions asked.

If you feel this way just break up, no your gut is not wrong, no you cant rationalise the behaviours, no it will not get better.

Just walk away and be the "bad guy who left his GF", this position is more convenient for both of you. Breaking up is male bussiness and when you leave it to the women they will pull the stupidest **** possible.