Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

So what's YOUR geek thing?

souporman

Don Juan
Reaction score
i've read books on stock markets and making money, and i play video games

GlutusMaximus86

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I play computer games as well and am also going for a computer degree. Not sure if this would count but, I like cats as much as I like dogs.

I'm not ashamed of any of these things, but for some reason a lot of people have given me funny looks when they find out I actually like cats (when most males, around here anyway, try and run over them).

ShizamDaMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm going to be a mechanical engineer. 'Nuff said :cool:

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^^ welcome to geek bonanza dude.

InsidiousNstinct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Somewhere between the cities of Lost and Found
My names InsidiousNstinct...and I like watching re-runs of the oldschool power rangers. (they were harda$$es) These new ones now a days are a bunch a sissies.... the biggest hard a$$ though was Billy, the blue ranger.

Go, go power rangers....:D

TyTe`EyEs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by InsidiousNstinct
My names InsidiousNstinct...and I like watching re-runs of the oldschool power rangers. (they were harda$$es) These new ones now a days are a bunch a sissies.... the biggest hard a$$ though was Billy, the blue ranger.

LOL, that takes balls man.

Panda 2000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Man, you guys ain't half the geeks I am.

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by InsidiousNstinct

what channel are these reruns on? I used to be obsessed with that show and would like to see it again.

InsidiousNstinct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Somewhere between the cities of Lost and Found
They usually come on saturday morning on that fox family channel. Can't remember what time since its been awhile.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who'd have thunk it?

Man, you guys ain't half the geeks I am.
An "I'm more of a geek than you are" pissing contest on the DJ forum. Who'd have thunk it?

Progressive rock and some Lilith Fair-type chick bands are among my geek things. I also enjoy doing some math problems.

Worst of all, I post on an internet forum for advice on how to pick up women.

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
-Study seduction, man/woman dynamics through books, audios programs, etc.

-Self-help junkie. Specially a few years back. For about 3 years that is all I did. Tape programs, books, seminars.

-The Incredible Hulk tv series.

-Boxing video taping.

-Candles & relaxing music.

KillingTime

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
- I have a bunch of finance/investing/entrepreneurship books/tapes/seminars/dvd's.... and I study them all the time.
- Bit of a self-help junkie... pretty into psychology
- Don't hang out socially that much, im really independent.

I USED to listen to prog. rock/classic rock/80's metal etc. But as soon as I started changing myself and upping my condifence it just had to go.... I pretty much just listen to rap these days, it fits the real me better. Esp. the popular rap with all the bragging lyrics, perfect to pump up your ****yness IMO.
Going back to psychology lol, it's the same as "you are what you eat"... you are whatever you feed your mind so that's why I listen to that type of music non-stop now, really grown on me too.

Never been into video games unless im with friends and they are playing them, but I dont own any games.

ilikebeef

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm really into computer games and Classic Rock.

When it comes to games, I just sort of don't mention them to girls.

However, I use music as a huge part of my personality. I've found that music is one of the easiest and most fun things to talk about with girls. As long as you're really passionate about it and know your stuff, they dig it. My hair would have been stylish in the 60's, but it's not now. I use this to my advantage, as it shows that I'm "different", and for some strange reason, the chicks like it. Nothing wrong with that. ;)

The stuff I listen to the most is the Beatles, Led Zep, Allman Bros, Crosby, Stills, and Nash, ACDC, Jimi Hendrix, Creedence Clearwater Revival, the Kinks, Eric Clapton, Lynyrd Skynyrd, ZZ Top, The Who, etc, etc, etc.

Because of this, it's even more embarassing to admit that I also enjoy.....ahem....Dido. Shoot me.

California Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
-I am 17, but listen to 60s, 70s, 80s...old stuff like connie francis and julio iglesias. My fav genre is r&b though.

-I have about 60 books in a fantastic series called Dragonlance, based in a D&D world.

-I love the powerpuff girls and courage the cowardly dog.

-I dl anime daily with bittorrent

-I research computer game strategies for months be4 i buy the game.

-When I go for a haircut and I'm in line, I pick up the Smithsonian.

-I would still be playing starcraft if I didnt loose my discs and unintall the files. I play shattered galaxy now.
http://www.sgalaxy.com/

-I used to cherish the local flea market, held monthly, as an opportunity to buy NES games.

-I loved playing Magic cards...started with the 5th edition.

-I read animorphs, chronicles of narnia, boxcar children, hardy boys, and the random house encyclopedia as a kid.

Sir Lancelot

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by WhitePimp
I'm a big progressive rock guy(bands like Rush, Yes, Dream Theater, Genesis, Spocks Beard, Porcupine Tree, Coheed and Cambria, etc) and that music hasnt been IN since about 1978 but I dont consider myself a geek for it. And I have a huge obnoxious drumset and play computer games...:D
Haha, yeah, me too. I'm a total music geek. Sometimes when I have a girl riding in my car she hears my Dream Theater and says something like "This sounds like video game music," and I'll sometimes get offended by it, lol.

Abbott

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like computers and mess with them.

I'm trying to start a small business where I build computers and fix them.

Currently I'm in school at a local community college for Computer Networking Technology (Associate's Degree).

Currently I drive a small pickup truck, as opposed to something cool like a luxury sedan or sports car. But, I'm working on adding a second motorcar which would probably be a Lincoln or something cool.

I wear glasses, though I may wish to change that this summer and get contacts.

I play video games sometimes.

I'm a Mario Brothers fan.

I still own an SNES and an N64.

I like the Zelda N64 games, even though they're hard (so I guess I'm not THAT geeky).

I'm slightly old-fashioned, and I have some old-fashioned mannerisms.

I don't appreciate extreme, explicit, and crude sex jokes. (it seems that it's all most young men age 18-22 think about, that or sports)

I don't watch sports at all, or even any kind of broadcast television. (it seems that the average man likes to watch sports, even though I can't understand why)

I actually believe that you're supposed to learn if you go to school.

Most of the music I listen to, except for club/dance music, was made before 1990, despite the fact that I'm a child of the 80's (born in the 80's).

I actually like Disco.

I think rap is evil, especially because of all the cussing. I wish it was never invented.

I think some of the best songs out there have nothing to do with love and romance.

I like Disney and Warner Brothers cartoons.

My mobile phone is a Kyocera 7135. It's a smartphone, so it's a phone and Palm Pilot combined together. It's sweet because the address book in the Palm is also the address book for the phone. It costed a lot and I could actually understand why it's worth the money (I doubt most people can).

I can tell you that the specs on my first computer are a 486SX/25, 2MB FPM RAM, 110MB IDE HD, 1-3.5" Floppy 1.44MB, 1-5.25" Floppy 1.2MB, ISA VGA Graphics, No sound, no modem, no network card, no mouse, and MS-DOS 6.0 (no Windows). It was housed in a Full-Tower AT case and costed about $1,000 back in '92. For $100 I was able to get an ISA 28.8K Modem and connect to the Internet for the first time.

I can tell you my father's first computer (I think he bought it in the late 80's) was an 8088 5MHz, 640K RAM, and a 20MB HD (probably ST/506), and a single 5.25" 360K Floppy drive. No sound, no network card, no mouse, ISA MGA graphics. It costed him about $1,800 I think. I knew this even though I wasn't even in kindergarten at the time.

My current workstation is an AMD Opteron 148 with 2GB ECC Reg. Low Lat. PC3200 DDR SDRAM. This makes me geeky because I know what makes Opterons awesome (parity L1 cache, ECC L2 cache), and the fact I actually went on to the Internet and searched for it, since very, very few stores carry them (none in my town).

When it comes to technical and mechanical things, I'm usually NOT helpless.

I try to keep somewhat up to date on world events.

I read the business section of my local newspaper nearly everyday, and find it interesting.

Needless to say, I don't tell any of this to any woman I'm interested in, unless I'm 200% sure that she's into the same thing.

What makes me NOT geeky:

I'm somewhat of a metrosexual on the appearance thing (geeks don't seem to care about appearance).

I match all my clothes and make sure I appear neat (geeks are sloppy and they don't often match).

I wear jewelry (no uber-geek I've ever seen wears jewelry, and usually their watches are crappy digital ones).

Punks/goths/whatever the hell they're called, freak me out a little bit.

Wow, I'm a geek.

Ben

Layla

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I love reading books,

and i listen to classical and jazz (though mostly classic rock)
But i usually turn it into a positive in terms of my friends

I also dont watch television(only some big sports game like the superbowl)

Last edited:

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to watch and dl anime like crazy in h.s., but since then i've lost all interest, dropped that.
I used to be crazy about comps, knew how to assemble and etc, dropped that...but i still know how to.

i know dreamweaver/photoshop/quarkexpress/illustrator fairly well, of course my major requires that i do. and i can make design stuff, and do a little photo manipulation, brochures/ catalogs/ crappy sites/ ads/ etc....i dunno if u call that nerdy but its as close as it gets...

i still play starcraft every now and then when im bored...the one and only game im playing. halo2 is boring as ****, lent my xbox to a friend since i never use it.