Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

So technically, does protein aid in fat-loss?

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've read (in a number of places) that a high protein diet is good for cutting...Can someone explain this to me?

Should I be eating egg whites? (I'm cutting)

Is the protein for maintaining muscle mass?

Thanks.

Turalyon999

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm no expert, but I believe the reason they say that high protein is good for cutting is because carbs and protein have the same number of calories per gram-4.

Most fat is synthesized because of an excess of calories, most of these excess calories usually come from carbs. Protein is used for other things in the body, most importantly, building muscle, as well as providing energy.

I believe the idea of the higher protein intake is to replace some of the carbs you normally take in with protein instead to reduce fat gain from excess carbs.

Elimidate

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe the idea of the higher protein intake is to replace some of the carbs you normally take in with protein instead to reduce fat gain from excess carbs.

Exaclty! Plus Protien is the building block for muscles!

Drex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ehhh that is not really the reason protein aids in fat loss guys, but what you are saying is not un-true.

Protein aids in fat loss because it raises your metabolism much higher/faster than other foods because of the complexity of protein. There are a lot of amino acids that your body has to break down when digesting it.

K-Daddy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Protein has the highest thermogenic value of any of the macronutrients. It also has the lowest potential to be stored as fat in a surplus (like if you ate 1000 calories over maintenance, if those all came from protein, they would be much less likely to be stored as fat than carbs or fats).

Protein is also very muscle-sparing, so not only do you get that benefit while cutting with keeping your protein high, but if you're limiting your calories and a significant portion of the calories you are taking in come from protein, you're also getting the increased thermogenic value of your food.