Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

So on average here, what's everyones take on having kids?

Zunder

Banned
Reaction score
Scars said:
Not only that, but I DO take offense to his earlier statement. We may had said it was the best decision/investment of our life, but I'm not going to act like it was the easiest either. You don't know me, you don't know either one of us. You don't know our situations or why we did it. You don't know the kind of woman that were carrying our children. Who are you to call me a less of a man?
You mean the bromance thing? That was a joke mate. Sheesh. Maybe it is my antipodean humour, but I wasnt trying to offend you.

I am not saying anything about yours or anybodys "sitaution" when it comes to kids...listen I have seen plenty of blokes, some of them very good friends of mine, that have been "trapped" aqnd "tricked" by some skank into getting them pregnant.
Yes of course a man has 'responsabilites' when some chick has your kid - but it goes both ways...surely!?
Or are we back to shotgun wedding days...

Black Dog

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
@Zunder, GrayThePrince called out Scars and Tiguere for not sticking with the baby--that's what Scars is referring to.

Check out Kailex's thread, nearly the same as the OP; this debate is entirely valid and it sounds like Gray was just looking to ruffle some feathers, and/or veer the thread into another direction.

I see my family around me and the idea of starting a family is nice, but I feel like it's not to be taken lightly at all. However my parents both had me at 18, and--contrary to everything I've heard about this exact scenario lol--they're both extremely successful and well-educated people. Maybe we're just an outlier though, who knows

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zunder said:
You mean the bromance thing? That was a joke mate. Sheesh. Maybe it is my antipodean humour, but I wasnt trying to offend you.

I am not saying anything about yours or anybodys "sitaution" when it comes to kids...listen I have seen plenty of blokes, some of them very good friends of mine, that have been "trapped" aqnd "tricked" by some skank into getting them pregnant.
Yes of course a man has 'responsabilites' when some chick has your kid - but it goes both ways...surely!?
Or are we back to shotgun wedding days...
I was talking about Gray, not you. No worries.

-Scars

Gray The Prince

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Scars said:
Not only that, but I DO take offense to his earlier statement. We may had said it was the best decision/investment of our life, but I'm not going to act like it was the easiest either. You don't know me, you don't know either one of us. You don't know our situations or why we did it. You don't know the kind of woman that were carrying our children. Who are you to call me a less of a man?
I got a girl pregnant two years ago and she went behind my back and got an abortion. I vomited just thinking about it. I had never been so disgusted in my life. I turned my back on her after that and it took a long time to get over it. I haven't spoken to her since, but I heard that she had another kid.

Even if we would have split, I still would have been there for my kid. I just don't see how abortion would be the best decision. Everybody should at least get a chance at life, who are we to deny that?

handle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's one of those things I'll think about when I'm older -- no need to even form an opinion right now.

ipeefreely

Don Juan
Reaction score
Despite my recent activities with women... I would personally want to have kids.

I know there are some of you who may view kids as an eventual dampener to your lifestyle but to me, having kids and having that responsibility... I don't know... I don't think there's anything more fulfilling in the world than that.

qweqwe

Reaction score
You know, I'm not religious, I am an atheist... but I don't see how people can not want to have kids at some point. I'm not saying now, I'll wait till I'm 40 at least, and I'll try to get a great woman to have kids with, but I will certainly try for it very hard. There is nothing more to life than having kids. That's all your life comes down to, having a happy family that you can be a good father to.

Of course, I can't be sure, but naturally I think it should be the most fulfilling thing out there in life, at least for most.

loveshogun

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a few views on the subject of having kids.

1) Big picture
There are too many god-damned people on this planet, and there aren't enough resources to go around. Stop it, a*sholes!

2) Personal view
I don't prefer having kids. They're like dogs - fun to play with and visit, but horribly draining to take care of. No only that, but if a dog f*cks up, you have, at worst, some broken dishes or mud in the house. If a kid f*cks up, you might be looking at jailtime for negligence. I have too many things I'm trying to accomplish before taking up a full time job that I have to pay for.

3) Most people's view
I need a kid to validate my existence.

And there you have it. So, yeah. I guess, really, my only view is that I, personally, should not have kids. No disrespect to anyone who really wants to, but I kinda feel like a lot of people have kids because they don't have a lot going on.

qweqwe

Reaction score
Why would I be feeding pigeons? I'm very healthy, and there's stuff like HGH, steroids... which I believe will have great anti aging effects if used correctly. By that I mean that I won't "age" as quickly of course.

I don't understand something as absurd as saying they're like dogs.

I'll try explaining this in a simplified way-
First off, you have to realize, that what is our fuel for life are our basic, natural emotions, instincts. Intellect only helps us achieve that, which we want. Everybody wants slightly different things, and these things change with time and are also effected by the world we live in.
Everything we wish to achieve in life, is somehow connected to these natural needs we have. One of the most important things is reproduction. This is evolution - those that did not reproduce (which are also people who chose not to have children, especially at this age) died. Hence, we are the children of those, that chose to reproduce, and thus we with all likeliness, we have a basic need for reproduction too, as well as other needs that our parents did.
The need for reproduction, is as natural as our need to live. That's simply the way it is, people want to have kids, that's just the way we are.

Now obviously there are exceptions. There's also people who suicide. There's also people who don't want relationships. It's not very common though.
The fact that there is so many males that don't want to have kids, makes me believe that there is just a fault in their thinking. Our natural needs that we are born with are still the same as they've always been, yet there's this sudden change in the last century, of Europeans and other developed countries, not wanting kids. We haven't changed, there's only a flaw in our thinking, and for some reason many now value a hedonistic style of life more. We aren't living in a natural way, and it is the natural way that is the truly fulfilling and enjoyable way of life.
Again, there are exceptions, but there is too many of people like this, so I doubt all of them are exceptions - most of them are simply thinking about it wrong... I don't know, it might be the rational thinking that got us to this. "How should I live my life? Well having fun makes sense", when in fact "How should I live my life? I should live the way I feel I should" would be the more correct answer.

Ok, I'm just writing stoned **** right now. To sum it up, loveshogun, you're looking at kids too much as some sort of thing that is supposed to be fun, like an additional thing in your life that will make it somehow more fun. That's not their point, they're simply a thing we want to have, because that's what humans are like.

I also don't know whether saying "I need a kid to validate my existence." is correct. It's not about that. People simply want kids. It's not philosophical, that's just the way it naturally is.

I wanna laugh. I wanna eat. I wanna sleep. I wanna ****. I wanna have a lot of kids. There's no reasoning behind why I want these things, that's just the way it is.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
my kid is the greatest thing to happen to me, her mother is the worst, I suppose its a yin and yang to it all. I accept it.

C-quenced

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
loveshogun said:
I have a few views on the subject of having kids.

1) Big picture
There are too many god-damned people on this planet, and there aren't enough resources to go around. Stop it, a*sholes!

2) Personal view
I don't prefer having kids. They're like dogs - fun to play with and visit, but horribly draining to take care of. No only that, but if a dog f*cks up, you have, at worst, some broken dishes or mud in the house. If a kid f*cks up, you might be looking at jailtime for negligence. I have too many things I'm trying to accomplish before taking up a full time job that I have to pay for.

3) Most people's view
I need a kid to validate my existence.

And there you have it. So, yeah. I guess, really, my only view is that I, personally, should not have kids. No disrespect to anyone who really wants to, but I kinda feel like a lot of people have kids because they don't have a lot going on.
:yes:
I'm glad someone here is very reasonable.

loveshogun

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
qweqwe said:
We haven't changed, there's only a flaw in our thinking, and for some reason many now value a hedonistic style of life more. We aren't living in a natural way, and it is the natural way that is the truly fulfilling and enjoyable way of life.
You're right. We haven't changed. But our circumstances have.

See, back in the old days, when you had to farm or hunt whatever you were going to eat, there was a practical reason for having kids - you needed a work force. There was a scarcity of people who could help you accomplish this important thing called "survival." This is where our drive to have children came from.

However, with modernity, we've transcended the NEED for children. The bad part is that modernity hasn't allowed us to transcend the URGE to have children. People still want to have kids just as badly as they used to.

The difference, is that before, it went more like this:

"I want to have strong children that can help me till the fields/hunt the buffalo/take care of me when I'm older."

Now it's more like this:

"I want kids."

You're right, man. Some people just want kids, and there's nothing philosophical about it. But that doesn't make it a smart, or even a halfway good decision in 90 percent of the cases.

Just like how when I naturally think that I want to see a girl I like all the time because that's how my d*ck works, it doesn't mean that making plans with her 24/7 is a good idea.

You have a point, but our views don't necessarily conflict, my friend.