Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

So I just discovered The Big Bang Theory (yes late)

BannedGod

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't watch T.V. usually but I'm staying for the week at my mom's place so downloaded the episodes. This **** is hilarious

However, more to the point of this forum, does anyone feel represented by the guys? I don't know about you, but I feel like at some point in my social life I was quite similar to them (although it's a clear exaggeration)... This is like watching my old life from a third person's view, I actually find that quite interesting.

Thought I had to share

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is one of my favorite shows right now. I mention it from time to time here, but I have yet to get a response about it, so I don't know if anyone here watches it or not. It has some relation to this forum as a lot of it deals
with male/female relations:

Leonard is insecure, desperate, and clingy. He tries to push for more intimacy with Penny, which usually backfires on him.
Howard has tried pickup techniques like peacocking and negs ("No one else could look so sexy with such greasy hair"), although now he is married.

Penny depends on her looks to get what she wants - she sponges wifi and meals off of her male neighbors Sheldon and Leonard. When she couldn't pay her electric bill, she sent them some change and a picture of herself in a bra. Except for Leonard, every one of her boyfriends was tall and good looking, and several were jerks.

But the main reason I like it is because it's funny. IMO.

Harry Wilmington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My favorite show on TV now, next to "How I Met Your Mother." I think it's very funny.

With that said, I cringe looking at Leonard and Penny interact. These are the kinds of shows that give nice guys false hope: you have Leonard acting like the world's worst (greatest?) AFC, yet he's still able to bang Penny despite his begging, giving in to her demands, and saying "I love you" to her all the time. It's ironic that Sheldon, because of his lack of being able to empathize with others and take people's words literally, comes off more like the Alpha-male in his relationship with Amy. And don't even get me started on Howard's marriage, that SCREAMS AFC all day!

But yea... still love the show!

TDH

Don Juan
Reaction score
The big bang theory is cheesy as hell I like how I met your mother the observation was nice though

foreverAFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i like Family Matters

NobodyCares1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Though I prefer How I met your mother more, Big bang theory is good but too exaggerated for my taste, HIMYM is more realistic in some stuff which is what I like.

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The show is funny

That blonde on their is a true hottie.

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The first 3 seasons were the best. It's been going down hill since then. The episodes are hit and miss now.

EastWind

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
That show makes me cringe. I've never been able to watch soaps with cliché male-female interactions (except Friends, for some reason) and TBBT takes those clichés to a whole new level. The characters annoy the **** out of me, the only one I can remotely listen to without throwing anything at the TV is Leonard, and that is only when he's not talking to Penny.

Also, I have a physics degree and the physics background and jokes suck. Hard.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Harry Wilmington said:
With that said, I cringe looking at Leonard and Penny interact. These are the kinds of shows that give nice guys false hope: you have Leonard acting like the world's worst (greatest?) AFC, yet he's still able to bang Penny despite his begging, giving in to her demands, and saying "I love you" to her all the time.
Leonard has been able to bang Penny, probably because she's a bit on the sleazy side. But what he really wants from her is her affection, which she tends to withhold, partly because he's so clingy. So his desperation has hurt him in that regard.

It's been established that he's so insecure because his mother withheld affection from him and was emotionally distant (as a child he had to build a "hugging machine" - which her husband would borrow lol.

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I tried watching those nerdy AFCs and couldn't do it. I'll take a Charlie Harper or a Barney Stinson and mo'Ƒuckin day of the week. Those nerds wouldn't even be able to sniff that HB's steamy crapper in the real world.

happy

Reaction score
All u people on this site are Pathetic Nerds with No lives

Everyone on this goddamn site is a pathetic nerd with no life, no job, and no social skills. I can totally see why u guys would relate to the Big Bang Theory show.... 'cause it's about no-lifes like u. I'd like to see any of you walking into a bar and try to get a girl... I bet you can't. You probably can't even get any of the girls on Xbox live or on you're stupid WOW games you play all day. You probably live your mom's basement to boot.

So, here's some of MY steps to help you guys get girls.
STEP 1: GET A LIFE
STEP 2: GET A JOB
STEP 3: GET OUTA Yo MOMA's Basement!
STEP 4: At least TRY to get a girl... but make sure you do the steps above FIRST.

If following these steps doesn't help you guys, I've lost all hope in you. I'm not trying to hate or anything... I'm just a person from the REAL WORLD, explaining to you how LIFE actually works outside of COMPUTER LAND.

Good bye and good day.

If any of you guys have any more questions, just reply.