Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

So I just blew it.

smooth guy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
OK its 9 O'clock Friday night and I'm sitting home on my ass surfing the Sosuave foru, which makes me feel like crap.

This might sound like an unnecessary question but I just wanna write it off somewhere get it off my chest.

I'm not a bodybuilding expert, in fact I know very little. I used to be a little overweight bout a year ago, lost some weight but right now I'm stuck with the left over (bodyfat). Judging by how I look shirtless in the mirror, I'm assuming I have a lot of body fat, mostly fat around the belly.

So I try eat less carbs and more protein, without following any particularly organized diet - and also hit the gym daily (morning cardio, lifting weights). I eat very healthy, I might eat some slices of pizza on a weekend, and thats about my only cheat through out the week.

But right now i feel like crap. I couldn't find any food in the fridge so I went and grabbed a cheese pie. I was starving being exhausted because of a whole week exercising, and got a chocolate bar as well. :S I drank 3 glasses of milk.

Right now I feel like I ate a whole elephant and my mood went down, I dont feel like talking to anybody or going out. I just went crazy over food.

I know I wont feel it in the morning and I'll feel like it never happened, but thinking of the fat I just put in my body is disturbing. My question to you guys, is it really that bad as I feel it or will the exercising I did this week cover up for it? Note I havent even gone to the gym today as I was a little sick. Where do I stand right now? What damage have I actually done?

Hope I don't hear really bad news

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What damage have I actually done?
None mate.

My advice to you is to start reading, I don't believe you have a good grasp of what proper nutrition is yet. Just a reminder, you should never be starving. If you're hungry, give your body the benefit of the doubt and EAT.

Read some threads relating to nutrition in the H&F Vault.

cheers!

Omen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
smooth guy said:
So I try eat less carbs and more protein, without following any particularly organized diet - and also hit the gym daily (morning cardio, lifting weights). I eat very healthy, I might eat some slices of pizza on a weekend, and thats about my only cheat through out the week.
Great, you ate 20g less carbs but added 20g more protein. You know what that equals? An even trade off calorie wise. As Quik said... Do some reading on nutrition.

First off, that is a problem right there. Not following any organized diet. Get one, cause you'll need one if you want to do it right.

Second, did you harm yourself or are you all screwed up? NO. Many of us have done something like that, and eat more than we wanted or the wrong things on occasion. We may have gone out, or went somewhere and had a piece of cake on a non cheat day or had a craving for a pop or chip or heck i've even eaten a dounut just cause it looked good.

Am I screwed up? NO

Can you? YES. IF you keep it up, and IF you keep eating like that it will come back to bite you.

I ate a cookie or two at work one night cause a girl made them for us, and I am still fine. But I dont go home and eat 10 more then slam it down with a 32oz soda.

My advice is dont worry about it, and just get back on track. I normally dont drink soda on the week-days, but I did last week. I didnt flip, and my diet is strict as heck.

Do what it is you do, go to bed, get up, and tomorrow is a new day, and you can start fresh. That's what's nice about time. Tomorrow is always a new day. Just dont "F" it up every new day.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't even worry about it man. If you look at your entire workout "career", one cheat meal is nothing. There's nothing wrong with having some junk food once in a while. Just try to eat cleaner most of the time.

smooth guy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wooh, was it a fun day at the gym today :D

I admit my diet sucks when it comes to nutrition. In fact I wasn't even planning to start an organized diet, what I did was just read a bit on the health and fitness forum and noticed that a lot of you guys try eating less carbs and more protein, which is what I'been trying to do. Should explain why I haven't seen much different in four months. I'll get to reading sites that give this kind of info right away.

Right now it's gonna be hard to eat the food I'm supposed to, being that I only have a single parent who can't do much on his own and keep up with the different foods I'll be needing, and being that I'm not a very good cooker myself. :p

BUT...I just found a nutritional shake mix, which says is suitable for losing weight. I will be replacing 2 meals a day with this shake until I can settle the right food in my diet.

Each serving size contains

Energy = 217 kcal

Protein = 17.5 g

Carbohydrates = 25 g

Fat = 6,5 g

saturated fatty acids = 1.9 g

mono-unsaturated fatty acids = 1,6 g

poly-unsaturated fatty acids = 1,5 g

linoelic acid = 1,0 g

Dietary Fibre = 2,5 g

Sodium = o,28 g

Also contains a lot of vitamins and minerals.

So basically I have a whole nutrition shake right here. I asked the trainer at the gym about it and he told me to finish it but not buy another one, because he didn't like that it contains fat in it. Here it is btw http://www.edietstar.com/ShapeWorks/1.html

If someone could give me a second opinion before I start drinking this thing it be great. :)

Omen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
smooth guy said:
Wooh, was it a fun day at the gym today :D

I admit my diet sucks when it comes to nutrition. In fact I wasn't even planning to start an organized diet, what I did was just read a bit on the health and fitness forum and noticed that a lot of you guys try eating less carbs and more protein, which is what I'been trying to do. Should explain why I haven't seen much different in four months. I'll get to reading sites that give this kind of info right away.

Right now it's gonna be hard to eat the food I'm supposed to, being that I only have a single parent who can't do much on his own and keep up with the different foods I'll be needing, and being that I'm not a very good cooker myself. :p

BUT...I just found a nutritional shake mix, which says is suitable for losing weight. I will be replacing 2 meals a day with this shake until I can settle the right food in my diet.

Each serving size contains

Energy = 217 kcal

Protein = 17.5 g

Carbohydrates = 25 g

Fat = 6,5 g

saturated fatty acids = 1.9 g

mono-unsaturated fatty acids = 1,6 g

poly-unsaturated fatty acids = 1,5 g

linoelic acid = 1,0 g

Dietary Fibre = 2,5 g

Sodium = o,28 g

Also contains a lot of vitamins and minerals.

So basically I have a whole nutrition shake right here. I asked the trainer at the gym about it and he told me to finish it but not buy another one, because he didn't like that it contains fat in it. Here it is btw http://www.edietstar.com/ShapeWorks/1.html

If someone could give me a second opinion before I start drinking this thing it be great. :)
I'll give you my opinion.

First off, get rid of the trainer, and dont listen to that guy. "I dont like the fact that it has fat in there". :kick: Guy is brilliant isn't he?

Second, dont buy the shake. While an ingredient or two in there is good (I use Aminogen) the whole thing is NOT worth the price, nor your money.

Third, my guess by the reads of it, is that the protein is mostly soy protein. Not bad at all in certain amounts, and to mix with other shakes, but NOT the best OEVER ALL protein to use. So it should NOT be your main protein.

Fourth, 217cal... Big deal.

You'd be better off to get yourself a tub of protein (you'll get many more servings than that link) add 1Tbsp of Peanut Butter in there, and skim milk and there you go.

You'll save MUCH more than that 1lb 10oz tub will run you.

Fifth, you need to determine your EXACT GOAL, and what it is you want to achieve.

Sixth, YOU NEED A NUTRITION PROGRAM. Eating less carbs and more protein is NOT the problem. Its your total caloric intake probably.

I mentioned it earlier. Say you eat 4g of carbs, and then 4g protein. You take the 4g of carbs away and now eat 8g protein. Do you know what you still have? Yes, the same amount of calories.

I dont know what you eat, but if you are taking out 2 meals and trying to replace it with 2 shakes may not be what you need.

What you need is to get a diet figured out, and calories figured out. Its ok to have a shake, but dont rely on those things and go extremely LOW on calories, or you'll be doing yourself no good.

In fact, you need to post WHAT you eat in the day normally, and then tell us what two meals you plan on replacing with a shake, and then look at your whole nutrient amount per day as well as calories in the day.

feelingloved

Don Juan
Reaction score
Book "Fats that Heal, Fats That Kill", describes the importance of certain oils. Also add coconut oil to diet.

smooth guy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Omen said:
I'll give you my opinion.

First off, get rid of the trainer, and dont listen to that guy. "I dont like the fact that it has fat in there". :kick: Guy is brilliant isn't he?
He isn't really my personal trainer, actually he's the guy who owns the gym. But that doesn't always mean he knows what he's talking about, which is why I thought I'd ask for a second opinion here. You guys seem to know your stuff around here.

I think Ima start asking for advice on online forums from now on :p

Second, dont buy the shake. While an ingredient or two in there is good (I use Aminogen) the whole thing is NOT worth the price, nor your money.

Third, my guess by the reads of it, is that the protein is mostly soy protein. Not bad at all in certain amounts, and to mix with other shakes, but NOT the best OEVER ALL protein to use. So it should NOT be your main protein.
Already bought the thing a few months back, I found it laying in the house recently and since my diet isn't very rich in nutritions I was thinking of replacing a meal or two a day to get the right stuff until I organize my diet the right way.

Yeap you are correct, 17 grams of soy protein in two shakes. I believe I need whey protein. I'll get some whey protein and ditch this shake.

So what I need right now is basically organize my intake of calories and balance the right ingredients. I think I can do that. :)

By the way my goal is nothing big really, just lose some fat around the belly (basically lower body fat generally) and bulk up a bit. Bulking up a little shouldn't really be much of a problem, lowering body fat is the catchy part. Taking a break from all this stuff on Sunday, tomorrow fresh start of the week I'll get right to it. Thanks guys

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well gaining muscle is a lot harder than loosing body fat. Get on the morning cardio.

gmillar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude they make cheese pies? Where did you get this? I've never even heard of this, it sounds amazing.

smooth guy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
wolf116 said:
well gaining muscle is a lot harder than loosing body fat. Get on the morning cardio.
Yep, getting on the treadmill first thing in the morning for about 30 mins with an empty stomach.

For some odd reason though I've had more success gaining muscle than losing body fat.

smooth guy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
gmillar said:
Dude they make cheese pies? Where did you get this? I've never even heard of this, it sounds amazing.
They do in Cyprus.

They're reeeally common actually. You can find them at any bakery. Any bakery that doesn't do cheese pies should be closed. :p

simon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Spanakopita is awesome! For fat loss I'd suggest going over to the forums at ironaddicts.com and reading all you can about TCDs.

Omen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
gmillar said:
It is, its called a cheese pizza. Been around for quite some time. Pizza Hut and Papa Johns sells them. Quite an amazing piece of food :up:

int3l

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
why is gaining muscle so much harder then losing fat. my god it's so hard. . . anyway personally i don't think you did much harm at all, usually when i do something like that i slam down water with it as well.