Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

So i dropped out of college today....

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Very good advice Joe

and just a warning lets not having any flaming...

WesCottII

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Y'know, I knew you were going to trot out the "exception to the rule" arguement. I nearly wrote it myself.

Fact is, you can cry about "weak evidence" all you like, it's simply there to refute YOUR point.....

. You are 19. What the FVCK do you know about finishing college or what you want to be in life. You think you are all set on determining the REST OF YOUR LIFE at 19
I bought up a couple of buds that were 19 and knew, and did something with their lives, and are now set. You claimed that being 19 means you know nothing. Now, I'm not arrogant enough to claim that I or my friends know/knew everything, but being 19 doesn't disqualify you from making decisions about your life. Exception to the "rule"? Or disproved?

To my "not grasping", you're taking my points, and parroting them back at me. You said....

Money does not equal happiness. Ask all the celebrities who have thrown away the happiness they never really had on drugs and quick fixes
To which I responded that it doesn't matter what you have, money makes no difference, you can be unhappy rich OR poor, and you've backtraked, and now are trying to tell me the same thing.

So if you are against the idea of 'money doesn't equal happiness' what are your for? I'm curious to know...
In terms of what? We could be here a while....

I'm not saying I'm for it, or against it. I'm against the arguement that people have trotted out against me time and time again, when I start talking about making money (which, is a passion of mine), someone inevitably will pipe up "Y'know, Money doesn't equal happiness", or "Rich people are greedy and selfish", which is a crock of sh!t. Lack of money doesn't equal happiness any more than having it does.

Rhoto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WesCottII said:
I bought up a couple of buds that were 19 and knew, and did something with their lives, and are now set. You claimed that being 19 means you know nothing. Now, I'm not arrogant enough to claim that I or my friends know/knew everything, but being 19 doesn't disqualify you from making decisions about your life. Exception to the "rule"? Or disproved?
What did said 19 year olds do? Set? In what terms? Do they live in a flat? or own a home(s)? Do they have an investment portfolio? Do they have brokers/VCs on their nuts to invest?

In America, its much, much more competitve, both in business and top grade education, and every thing we're told we do since kindergarden is in the pursuit of wealth, nothing else matters.

Secondly, without a degree or capital, your opinion is worthless and a waste of time in the eyes of an executive/VC. The question you have to answer is: Why do I need you to make money?

And money can't slove all of lifes problems, just most of them. Those who say money can't buy happiness don't have any or can't realize their potential. Every single damn thing you do in your life is a selfish act, realize that as well. So when some one b!tches and complains about wealthy people, they're really saying: "I'm really jealous"

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright. If you want to go back to this statement we can...

WesCottII said:
If you are saying that someone can make life decisions at 19, well yea, I agree with you. You can make life decisions at 5 or 10 too, however as you mature you are more likely to make better decisions based on the experiences you have. At 19, I do not think that PotBelly has the experience (or general intelligence) to understand the situation that Ken is in. And to come in and say that he wasted 6 years of his life away, and then also attribute that six years to his whole life.... nosirr. At 19, how much experience do you think the average person has with the world outside of school?

At 19 I was still going through a lot of readjusting to the outside world and my perception of others. I worked full time for a year and realized that that was not the life I wanted. I have done the whole 40+ hrs a week, waiting for the weekend, losing track of the month, longing for those two weeks of vacation, getting by off gossip at job mindset. I have already done the whole questioning my life thing. I don't even want to imagine coming to this conclusion after working 5 years in the wrong. Currently I am gettin educated (for the moment) and have a general idea of what I want in life and how to attain it.

Also, i did not say 19 yr olds know nothing, I said

"You are 19. What the FVCK do you know about finishing college or what you want to be in life."

implying that he (PotBelly) is not in the best position to be handing out college advice for someone with 6+ years of college when from the sound of things he is not even college yet. If you are claiming that:
theatre is a bullsh1t major. communications is a bullsh1t major. Psych is a bullsh1t major. Art history is a bullsh1t major. English lit is a bullsh1t major.
there is obviously very very little you know about the world.

I'm not saying I'm for it, or against it. I'm against the arguement that people have trotted out against me time and time again, when I start talking about making money (which, is a passion of mine), someone inevitably will pipe up "Y'know, Money doesn't equal happiness", or "Rich people are greedy and selfish", which is a crock of sh!t. Lack of money doesn't equal happiness any more than having it does.
Ohhhhhh so thats why you are taking such offense. You thought it was a cheap shot at what you are doing with your life. I get it know. Sorry about that, it wasn't intentional. If someone was trying to defile my way of life, I'd get offended as well. What I want to know is what is it about making money that you are so passionate about? I've seen movies like Boiler Room and Glengarry Glen Ross that made me want to get money but I never understood what makes peron want to base their entire lives around it. How do you feel when you make a lot of money?

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
theatre is a bullsh1t major. communications is a bullsh1t major. Psych is a bullsh1t major. Art history is a bullsh1t major. English lit is a bullsh1t major.
Guess what...you're gonna take these courses as an underclassmen anyways! You can join the military with that attitude. Or go to whatever richboy private university and walk away with a degree in alcoholism and a minor in chlamydia and tout those accomplishments at your tea parties...and maybe burn your future house down because of foreclosure threats and a lack of critical thinking skills you could have used but failed to acquire during college.

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is becoming pointless, annoying and off topic.
Thread Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.