So I don't much care for small talk but...

MisterMike

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm noticing women seem to expect a level excitement in a conversation right off the bat. Anyone else experienced this or is just my perception?

MisterMike

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not really into canned openers but perhaps it would be good in a quick paced environment.

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've made the mistake of under estimating the power of small talk before, especially when getting to know someone.

There are many aspects of good conversation: small talk, debate, philosophy, banter, humour, opinion, public affairs etc etc. A good conversationalist is well versed in all, and does not rely on one or another thing in particular.

It's good to hold conversation with lots of different people every day, not just got girls. Then, when one does turn up, you go completely unphased, to whatever happens.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you’re boring you will get no play. Even a good looking guy on OLD has to put some work in making the girl laugh and feel comfortable then carefully orchestrating what he wants in a natural way.

Hb0-6 you can just put minimal effort and get them to come over or out of a “fvck date” basically meeting but definitely going back to someone’s place.

Hb7+ doesn’t matter if your good looking you need to be more entertaining than the other guys.

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've made the mistake of under estimating the power of small talk before, especially when getting to know someone.

There are many aspects of good conversation: small talk, debate, philosophy, banter, humour, opinion, public affairs etc etc. A good conversationalist is well versed in all, and does not rely on one or another thing in particular.

It's good to hold conversation with lots of different people every day, not just got girls. Then, when one does turn up, you go completely unphased, to whatever happens.
Oddly enough, I used to be in the "I don't like small talk" crowd. Then I learned....

Small talk is a critical component of communication, and it doesn't always have to be serious or funny or complicated. However, it does help build relations and reinforce the fact that you can hold good conversation. Small talk is the ability to hold conversation, regardless of how meaningful the topic is.

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
I'm noticing women seem to expect a level excitement in a conversation right off the bat. Anyone else experienced this or is just my perception?
Who cares what they ‘expect?’

Can’t fall into their frame bro. Do you want to sleep with them, be their friend, or impress them? If you want to sleep with them, the less time you have for small talk and get to the point, the more likely they will think you are a man with options.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is a good book by an engineer on the subject that is worth a read.

The Fine Art of Small Talk by Debra Fine.

In it she goes through various methods to improve your conversational skills and increase your social calibration.

And she was a naturally geeky introvert by her own admission. It's quite a practical book, short, and useful. Order a copy.

MisterMike

Don Juan
Reaction score
There is a good book by an engineer on the subject that is worth a read.

The Fine Art of Small Talk by Debra Fine.

In it she goes through various methods to improve your conversational skills and increase your social calibration.

And she was a naturally geeky introvert by her own admission. It's quite a practical book, short, and useful. Order a copy.
I will absolutely look into that as it sounds very insightful. The situation I've run into seems a bit more strange, it happens rarely but I noticed because it happened twice in one day.

I've just encountered about three or four weird situations where it goes something like this.

ME: *Opens conversation about something they're reading, doing, or interested in 9 (usually a mutual interest)*
Her: reply and questions.
Me: Answers and follow up on what they're saying.
Her...

MrWood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
women are attracted to a mans intellect (not his IQ)
she can only judge this by... communication

QuadDeuces

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In my experience, less is more.
Nothing gets a pvssy more drier than long political debates, endless opiniated wallowing or trying to impress her with you standup comedy skills.

Just be the empty projection screen on which she can project herself, let her do the talking, all you need to do is show with your body language that you want her sexually.

MisterMike

Don Juan
Reaction score
In my experience, less is more.
Nothing gets a pvssy more drier than long political debates, endless opiniated wallowing or trying to impress her with you standup comedy skills.

Just be the empty projection screen on which she can project herself, let her do the talking, all you need to do is show with your body language that you want her sexually.
This is good advice. What I'm talking about isn't that far into the conversation though it's literally in the opening 2 to 4 four sentences before any of that can take place.

MisterMike

Don Juan
Reaction score
Who cares what they ‘expect?’

Can’t fall into their frame bro. Do you want to sleep with them, be their friend, or impress them? If you want to sleep with them, the less time you have for small talk and get to the point, the more likely they will think you are a man with options.
That sounds like the old joke about the marine who gets slapped a lot.

El Payaso

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Because these days, men are nothing more than entertainment to them. They receive a billion approaches a day both online and offline. Hearing the same old hello or hi gets boring to them after a while. Only the wittiest of approaches interests them. That or you better be damn fine.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"excuse me miss, help me out with something, what major do you think would help me accomplish my dream and land my dream job?"

"what's your dream/dream job?"

"bank robber"

it should be easy from there