Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

So I checked out the Neil Strauss book

ER!C L!VE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
good grief. Did 'The Rules', which millions of women bought change the game?

Reaction score
Becasue they fear that the techniques and stuff arent as effective.. I dont know and don't care. Like my vietnam veteran friend said once, its all about giving changes time. Like, right now if women are on the lookout for whatever was stated in this book, they're gonna be screening for this for so long and then they'll forget and whatever was screwed up by this book wil be OKed. he he, kinds blunt of an explanation. But yeah, it seems as if guys around here have been ticked off that neil strauss exposed this side of society.

The Bad Ass Canadian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only thing that will lose it's effectivness is the same old lines that everyone stole from style and mystery. If you use your own, you can go under the PUA radar and nothing changes... besides, I have never heard of anyone guy or girl talk about the PUA community, outside of this place.

The % of the population that's "AWARE" of it, is negiligible.... Even those who watched some of the Strauss interviews on TV have probably forgotten about it, already. You know how us Western folk have such BIG attention spans. :rolleyes:

If you're not out using the same lines and tactics as everyone else, you'll be fine.

Alot of this stuff is designed to go under the radar, anyways, so even if you ARE running game on someone who knows about it, it should still be undetectable.....if you do it right.

Strauss' book won't change anytrhing, and just force the gurus to come up with better, more subtle tactics. Sounds like a good idea to me.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
honestly most women dont even know what that book is haha

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ER!C L!VE
Nah, it just gave guys something to worry about ten years ago. Now here we are again, pissing and moaning...

Reaction score
yeah..I read like 5 pages and threw it in the trash. I'm gonna stick to my John Grisham novels.

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
Strauss writes in his book how all the chicks in LA, SF, NY, Toronto etc...were all hearing the same lines and routines over and over from different guys.

This is why it's so important to develop yourself and not to depend on someone else's material and routines.

While it's good to know the structure of PU, such as the Mystery Method, the canned stuff is a waste a time.

Always learning new lines, routines, patterns etc...is a waste of time.

By the time you get it down, it'll be played out.

Develop yourself, become confident, become a Man, own the frame and you'll own the game.

BTW, Mystery was depicted as a pretty pathetic character due in part to his one-itis, and TD, who I've never met but never trusted, was depicted as a low-life weasel.

I emailed TD right around the time all the stuff was going down at Project Hollywood (unbeknownst to me) about attending an RSD seminar, and I didn't like the vibe I got from him one bit, and that was thru email, so my gut feeling was correct.

Again, be a man, be confident and own the frame.

Easier said than done, but that's all one needs.

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BTW, Strauss mentions his "rusty Corvette" in the book (paraphrasing)

As a former and present Corvette owner, I can tell you that Corvette bodies have always been made of Fiberglass, which doesn't rust, since the first one rolled off the assembly line in 1953

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it is probably an error of Strauss,' and vettes are fiberglass, but some of them seem to have some metal parts that rust.

I can find one page in Google's cache on a site that is down about a mechanic restoring an old vette:
http://216.239.51.104/search?q=cach...ior_stripped.asp+"corvettes+don't+rust"&hl=en
All I can get to load is the text.

"Who said Corvettes don't rust? Here's a pic of the drivers side top corner of the windshield frame. We've ground it down in preparation for cutting the rust out and welding in a metal patch."

"Here's another rust picture for you. This is the passenger side seat belt pocket. The dark spots you see are holes all the way through. In an accident, this seat belt probably would have just torn loose from the floor."

http://www.harpercollins.com/global_scripts/product_catalog/book_xml.asp?isbn=0060554738&tc=cx
"I walked him outside to my old rusty Corvette and stuffed him into the tiny front seat. "

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Derek Flint
BTW, Strauss mentions his "rusty Corvette" in the book (paraphrasing)

As a former and present Corvette owner, I can tell you that Corvette bodies have always been made of Fiberglass, which doesn't rust, since the first one rolled off the assembly line in 1953
Now aren't we just nit-picking?

B-Lemond

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ER!C L!VE

I haven't read it so I wouldn't know, but did 'The Rules' give out "mASF", something that is more profound than a book and is always growing with more knowledge on how to seduce women.

Strauss wrote that some of Ross's students started mASF. Anyone can search "mASF" and instantly have the key to the underground community.

So as you may or may not see, 'The Rules' and 'The Game' are a little different.

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Francisco d'Anconia
Now aren't we just nit-picking?
Just wondering how much of the book was fabricated.

BTW, I enjoyed reading the book, but found the "rusty Corvette" quote unexplainable.

Reaction score
I've read a few chapters and its been insightful but I cannot see anyone in their right mind paying an exaggerated amount of money to learn how to get women. I mean, no matter how much money u give, no matter how many times you see someone who is good with women in action, you will never be good unless you assert yourself.

I got up to the point about having a bag full of gimmicks and sh*t and he lists two pages of stuff. Thats taking this thing a little too far in my opinion. I dont call that persistance or confidence, I call it "self confidence issues". I mean, who the hell has the time or drive to carry around a bag to impress. F*ck, that.

Mystery although might be good with women and he has a trigger which is his magic tricks but overall I think he's more hype than anything else and I feel the same about this pathetic hierarchy called the Mystery Lounge. Who the f*ck really needs a mystery lounge to learn from the best or whatever...its all BS in my opinion because in the end it all boils down to the individual and where he wants to get in his love life.

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bible_Belt
I think it is probably an error of Strauss,' and vettes are fiberglass, but some of them seem to have some metal parts that rust.

I can find one page in Google's cache on a site that is down about a mechanic restoring an old vette:
http://216.239.51.104/search?q=cach...ior_stripped.asp+"corvettes+don't+rust"&hl=en[/url]
All I can get to load is the text.

"Who said Corvettes don't rust? Here's a pic of the drivers side top corner of the windshield frame. We've ground it down in preparation for cutting the rust out and welding in a metal patch."

"Here's another rust picture for you. This is the passenger side seat belt pocket. The dark spots you see are holes all the way through. In an accident, this seat belt probably would have just torn loose from the floor."

http://www.harpercollins.com/global_scripts/product_catalog/book_xml.asp?isbn=0060554738&tc=cx
"I walked him outside to my old rusty Corvette and stuffed him into the tiny front seat. "
I've been in the Corvette "community" for almost 20 years, and never heard anyone reference a Corvette as "rusty" or "rusted" or "rusting"

Yes, there are parts that are metal, but 99% of the car that is visible isn't metal, so refering to it as "rusty" doesn't make sense..

Especially CA cars.

B-Lemond

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dimebag_Darrell
I've read a few chapters and its been insightful but I cannot see anyone in their right mind paying an exaggerated amount of money to learn how to get women. I mean, no matter how much money u give, no matter how many times you see someone who is good with women in action, you will never be good unless you assert yourself.

I got up to the point about having a bag full of gimmicks and sh*t and he lists two pages of stuff. Thats taking this thing a little too far in my opinion. I dont call that persistance or confidence, I call it "self confidence issues". I mean, who the hell has the time or drive to carry around a bag to impress. F*ck, that.

Mystery although might be good with women and he has a trigger which is his magic tricks but overall I think he's more hype than anything else and I feel the same about this pathetic hierarchy called the Mystery Lounge. Who the f*ck really needs a mystery lounge to learn from the best or whatever...its all BS in my opinion because in the end it all boils down to the individual and where he wants to get in his love life.

Dimebag_Darrell is a hardcore DJ .

The Antichrist_Star

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dimebag_Darrell

mmmmhmmmm

AS

Komodo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it's a good read but I hat d fact that he came out wiiht it.It is pretty accurate and shows that it's all about what u want in a girl.Ross lost all my respect.That's why I'm a anthony robbins fan:)