Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

So go look like an ass!

djbr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well dudes, so many guys talk about the JUST DO IT approach to approaches (heh).

For new DJs and for the stuck up ones (like me!), it's kinda alien to think about it. JUST DO IT? Do what? I don't know what to do! I'll look like an ass!

So GO LOOK LIKE AN ASS. Go make a fool of yourself. GO LEARN dude, GO FVCK UP HARD. GET EVERYBODY LAUGHING AT YOU!

I remembered when my ex-gf, who thought I was god's gift to women when she knew me, talked to me about why I became so boring... she said many things, but one hit home (one year and a half later!):

"you used to be funny, , different, spontaneous..

Gotcha!

Why should we think about every move we make? Worse, why should we get scared of fvcking up? Be an idiot if that is what this thing means!

I approached the cashier in the supermarket with a HUGE crowd waiting and her supervisor close! SO WHAT? Let's fvck up for a change. I just wanted to do it... I REALLY DID...

But I thought: wow, I will look like an ass. Buhoha, game playa dude. Game playa. You have to be a challenge. You'll put her on the pedestal if you do this.

But then came the memory from my past gf, she loved me, but she later got disgusted... because I was not spontaneous anymore. And in that moment I thanked her HONESTLY. After all the grief she put me to endure, THANK YOU GIRL FOR THE ADVICE! :) -- I put my ****y grin of my face and just went KAMIKAZE on that thing! Let's do what my gut wants to. Let's put her on the pedestal if that's what it means. Let's make her day!! After all, every girl wants to be approached by a guy such as myself, even if they don't want to become intimate with me! I can give her a nice egoboost. She may be in DEEP need of it! And I LOVE to make people happy!! :)

I packed that NEW attitude and went in for the kill. The result? Well, all can i say is that she couldn't help having a uber-smile on her face and eyes that screamed DELIGHTED. :)

What about me? Well, I couldn't really get rid of that grin. I just smiled like an idiot. HAHAHAHA. PERFECT! I never felt so alive.

Since then I become a complete idiot, saying hi to people on the street, talking to everybody I don't know any subject that comes into my mind. I'm speaking my mind openly!

Just looking like an ass. And happy like never before :)

Cheers guys!

Johnny Double

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, that sums up what I've been trying to do for the last, well too many years, I guess it's time to fvk up or get off the pot!

thanx.

Ace of Flames

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everywhere you want to be.... I'm like a Visa card
everybody loves an ass. this is what u gotta do. stop bein a scared pansy and go do stuff. its all about risks, and to get anything, u have to go outside your comfort zone. what i do is, i make all the crazy risky ass stuff, into my comfort zone. i like being an ass. i like girls laughing and having fun because of me. its all good.

J-Man

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
this post , plain and simple, is the best one i have ever read.

there should be a conclusion to the DJ bible: this post.

duttylove

Don Juan
Reaction score
its not because you look like an ass because although you percieve yourself that way others probably dont.

your telling your self your an ass so you can gather confidence to do the stuff ur doing. others will percieve it as confidence, fun, different, spontanious etc.

look back on your relationship and figure out where it became routine. nothing kills a relationship faster than that!

James Bondage

Don Juan
Reaction score
So GO LOOK LIKE AN ASS. Go make a fool of yourself. GO LEARN dude, GO FVCK UP HARD. GET EVERYBODY LAUGHING AT YOU!
Um... look, I have to respectfully disagree with this.

In my experience, looking an a$$ will NOT - repeat - NOT - get you laid. Trust me on this one, having the experience to back this statement up (and I wasn't even trying to look like an a$$!!)

Girls do not find clowns/idiots/people acting the fool attractive. If everyone is laughing at you... a girl will not want to f*** you. I guarantee this!! A girl wants to be with someone who is RESPECTED and/or ADMIRED, not someone who is considered a JOKE!

So I'm afraid I have to say the complete opposite. BE THE GUY WHO IS RESPECTED AND CAN POINT AND LAUGH AT PEOPLE MAKING A$$ES OF THEMSELVES!!

Making an a$$ out of YOURSELF will lead to an embarrassing reputation, disrespect, people avoiding you/considering themselves superior. And all of these things are VERY hard to redeem yourself from once they have happened. Trust me!

Panik

Don Juan
Reaction score
Congrats!

He's not acting the fool, he's being himself and not giving a damn about it...It's called 'transcending'. Self-respect...well, not exactly self-respect, but EGO (very thin line b/w the two) gets in the way too much in order to be effective.

Sometimes you can get so caught up in the game's rules that they actually become restrictive. I've seen it happen several times and it's pretty sad.

When your 'self' is good enough, and you're centered, you can "be yourself" and actually pull stuff like that off... True, you might think you're being an ass, but other people do see it as confidence, plus, anyway, what's the point of spending hours doing research if you never get messy and carry out the experiments?

Panik

Ace of Flames

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everywhere you want to be.... I'm like a Visa card
Re: Re: So go look like an ass!

Originally posted by James Bondage

In my experience, looking an a$$ will NOT - repeat - NOT - get you laid. Trust me on this one, having the experience to back this statement up (and I wasn't even trying to look like an a$$!!)

Girls do not find clowns/idiots/people acting the fool attractive. If everyone is laughing at you... a girl will not want to f*** you. I guarantee this!! A girl wants to be with someone who is RESPECTED and/or ADMIRED, not someone who is considered a JOKE!

So I'm afraid I have to say the complete opposite. BE THE GUY WHO IS RESPECTED AND CAN POINT AND LAUGH AT PEOPLE MAKING A$$ES OF THEMSELVES!!

Making an a$$ out of YOURSELF will lead to an embarrassing reputation, disrespect, people avoiding you/considering themselves superior. And all of these things are VERY hard to redeem yourself from once they have happened. Trust me!
i think u misunderstood the point. he's just calling it being an ass to make it stick out in people's minds. the people arent laughing AT him, but with him. he IS respected, because he can make people laugh. laughter makes people happy. if there is a person that can invoke laughter in them, and in effect, happiness, they will respect and look up to him. when something happens, and everyone turns to u, waiting for u to make the joke, thats when u know u have their respect.

now, everything u said is true for someone who is actually an ASS! like an attention ***** that runs around jumping off stuff and screaming. someone like that is desperate for any kind of positive reaction, and try to get it thru laughter, but they go about it the wrong way. no one likes an attention *****. no one...

djbr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: So go look like an ass!

A new shiny sports car will, that I can guarantee you :)

I respect your position, but that's not exactly what I tried to say. What I'm saying is that sometimes we get so stuck up in what people will think of us that we just stop. Nothing, just stop. Fear of rejection. This paralyzed me for too long.

I was reading the boards last weekend and a guy said something like this... "I will look like an ass if I try" -- so go look like an ass. I prefer to do what I want and be a total idiot then live by other's expectations. But I'm not saying to be a clown either, unless you WANT to. But we get so much stuff into your heads that we just freeze -- If you don't know where to start you must start somewhere, anywhere, but go do it. Try anything. As Pook said (and it took me a LONG LONG time to understand), let yourself fail.

It depends on what frame of reference you live in. I like to live in my frame. Which one do you prefer? :)

James Bondage

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: So go look like an ass!

i think u misunderstood the point. he's just calling it being an ass to make it stick out in people's minds. the people arent laughing AT him, but with him.
No, I think I did get it... I quote:

GO FVCK UP HARD. GET EVERYBODY LAUGHING AT YOU!
But djbr I think I know what you are saying. It doesn't necessarily mean 'go embarrass yourself!!' or whatever, I think what you mean is 'don't be afraid to embarrass yourself! take risks! don't care what ppl think!' something along those lines, right?

If you are not scared to make an idiot of yourself and lose the respect of a woman or whatever (and most guys are).. this is a positive trait.

So, yeah, don't be afraid to fail. I totally agree with that.

reyalp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i think he's also saying, if you get that wild hair going to do something crazy, and you think you'll look like an ass doing it, do it anyway! what's the worst that can happen?

i love doing crazy stuff. i keep a CD of banjo music in my car, and when i'm leaving somewhere with a girl (and i know she has a good sense of humor), i put in the banjo music and say "this is the getaway music" and then drive like I'm trying out for the Dukes of Hazzard (for a few minutes anyway). I'll make her scream "yeeehawww" out the window at people like a dumb redneck and get her involved in the craziness.

i recently talked to a girl who i dated like 2yrs ago, the FIRST thing to come up was "omg do you remember that banjo music you played in the car, i still laugh about that" and i heard her roommate in the background saying "holy sh1t is that the banjo music guy?"
this chick was giggling like a little schoolgirl just thinking about our first date.

and you know maybe it's not so much that you're making an ass out of yourself, it's that you're standing out from the crowd and giving them something to remember you by. what do you think?