Small town / Small house

faustus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey,

I live in a small as Hell town, moving to a smaller one - there are hardly any buses and few HBs around. And I live in a small house with my parents and two baby brothers!

Just wondering if any other DJs who have lived in small-time surroundings at a stage of their DJing have any good pieces of advice or ideas for survival in a small-time environment.

I'm wearing earplugs when I go to sleep to block out the kids' screaming already... :rolleyes:

Caveman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to live in a small town where everyone would know everyone. It sucked bigtime.

Are there any towns nearby that you can go check out?

The only advice I can give you is be cool from day one. You are given a chance to get a completely new and clean image. Now that you know some of this dj stuff, go work it. There may only be a few HBs but wouldn't it be cool to have them fighting over the new kid?

Paintballguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I live in a small town but luckily some good cities are pretty close by. Just as Caveman said, try to build up a good rep and look for some other close by towns/cities.

faustus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Caveman,

Thanks for the advice: though, man I know that it's a common comment on these forums, but I really wish that I'd come here sooner... I started out at a new college just last year out of my own accord, and if I had known what I know now then... :D This has made me very determined to be at a good level of DJing when I get to university.

Still, yeah I'm going to make the best out of it - I like your idea of being cool from day one. There are apparently 2 HBs there, and there's another town nearby which I've never checked out
before, so it's a good opp. to try some stuff out.

Paintballguy - there's a city nearby, it's just real difficult to get to now: I guess I'll need to pass my driving test!