Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Slicked Hair

Dante Brasco

Reaction score
I like slicking my hair when it gets somewhat long but I find many find it as a nerd hairdo [which I thought was slicking to the side]. What are your opinions?

blienk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well yeah, it looks ok on that guy, but he's a model. Ask a professional stylist what would look good for you.

Patrick124

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it looks like someone peed in his hair:)
I dunno, doesn't appeal to me, but my hair is blond and curls at around the 3 in mark. go with ^his suggestion.

Ziro

Don Juan
Reaction score
Definitely do not do that style. It's stupid. I could give you quite a few reasons not to do it. And anyway, it looks like a nerd thing. It depends how long your hair is and what you want to do with it. If you think you'd look good with long hair, get the sides cut a little so that the top of your head can grow a little more, then grow your hair out a few inches. Personally, I don't like having long hair, but a lot of chicks seem to dig it. It all depends on your face shape and the type of hair you have. Don't slick it though, that's just bad.

California Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hairstyle really depends on the person, so you should not try to imitate people who you think look good with a certain hairstyle.

If you naturally look feminine and dorky, then the slicked-back look probably wont suit you. It all depends on your facial structure.

Nonetheless, the most important thing is that you like it and feel confident with it.

BustedKnucks

Don Juan
Reaction score
Generall what you want to do is have the hair style that most strongly points out your masculinity. That means, in most cases, well groomed, short hair, excluding the Ricky Martin flip. There are a lot of exceptions though, for example, guys with a wide jawline still look manly with long hair, and guys with wavy hair can grow it longer than guys with straight hair an still look good. For me, I have really curly hair, and the afro look is a pain to maintain, and takes forever to grow back if you drop it, so I keep my hair relatively short, a #1 buzz most times, or sometimes I let the top grow out and spike it. But that's only on nights when I'm going out to a party/club/restaurant. To school or work I wear a hat ****ed to one side. If you're gonna wear a hat, hairstyle is still important. I try to keep my sideburns shaped and short, so that they don't look like a mess under a clean hat, and don't neglect the back of your neck either.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Im positive thats Johnny Depp, not a model.

Mr. Debonaire

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, it works for this guy. but he's probably a gangster who would have you whacked if you commented. nuff said :D

Cloud-uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hey i think it looks sexy. But then again, what is the opinion of a woman on this site?? :p
She's got a point- his hair looks ****e :p .

I think the slick back went out of fasion in the 50s, I'd avoid it- along with a side parting. Try messy hair, that tends to work for more people. But yeah, go ask a barber, they'll know what to do with you!

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but a bunch of guys at my school straighten their hair, you know, with hair straighteners. In my opinion, this is OTT. Sure, I've got my hair bleached in parts, but straightening... sounds a lot too much like makeup. In my opinion, it's 20 minutes a day that could be better spent doing something (anything?) else. Still, anyone else have any opinions?

JSH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well yeah some of my friends do the same i think, its a lil over the top, and then they discuss hair **** with girls.

ShizamDaMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, slicked back is definitely too old school for my tastes.

I go with the messy, tossled look when it's longer. Gotta have some good hairgel for it though. A lot of times I just leave it ungelled and messy, and it works.

Daani

Don Juan
Reaction score
My hair is long and slicked back.
Girls love it, and guys say it's fcking sick.
It's also because i'm congruent with it.
I'll try and get some pictures.

Big Pimpin'

Don Juan
Reaction score
My friends hair is kind of like that and it looks good on him. Except the bottom half of the sides is cut with #1 clippers . Hes brown and it matches him. But I think it would look stupid on white guys.

Dante Brasco

Reaction score
Ugh, I always did it because I grew up in a large Italian family. It pissed me off when people were like "wtf, nerdy." I want to grow my hair out but what do I do with it until it gets long enough? My hair is getting too long for spiking and tooshort for good slicking. My bangs when my hair is going straight goes down to my eyebrows.

CribMaster345

Don Juan
Reaction score
holy **** dante i think we have **** in common. my hair is probably just like yours and iono wtf to do it and yes im also italian. i always wanted to slick my hair back cuz my grandfather sorta did and it looked ****in great and my father can n most of my family but like id have to grow it out pretty long and its too long to spike but i jus dunno what to do with my hair at this point with the bangs n **** lol

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ditto, Dante and Crib. Italian, hairing growing down to eyebrows. Don't really know what to do with it. If I don't gel it, it can easily get messed up and look like sh*t. I look better with the long hair though. I'm thinking of letting it grow down OVER my eyebrows. Sometimes I'll do a mild side-part and sweep my bangs over to one side of my head and that looks good. But my hair is so thick that it almost never stays even if I empty a tube of gel into it. I dunno. Any suggestions anyone?