Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Sleepwalking

5string

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mrs.5string is doing it.

Can you do anything to stop it or treat it? I just don't want her to go a$$ over tea kettle and find her t!ts up at the bottom of the staircase.

She also chatters like a schoolgirl in her sleep and waking me up.

I'm serious guys. This is a real problem. Help me out.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.sleepfoundation.org/article/sleep-related-problems/sleepwalking

Does alcohol affect the problem? Maybe try a little wine before bed?

I don't think the problem has one definitive answer for everyone, other than to experiment with changing any current medications and also diet. One at a time, she could try cutting out all of the things we tend to ingest in excess (salt, sugar, caffeine, alcohol, gluten) and see if that makes any difference.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've sleptwalked my entire life and still do occassionally. Especially during times of stress. One of my jobs is highly stressful and requires alot of quick thinking and acting. On nights before I work I usually work the day in my sleep and will often catch myself up rearranging the room.

Despite this I have never hurt myself or anyone else. I think that a sleepwalker is just conscious enough that we usually don't hurt anything. I don't know if there is much to do other than tiring yourself out more than usual. I never sleep walk nights after a particularly difficult day. I also usually try to separate myself for a couple hours from anything stressful before I go to sleep. Nix the caffiene too. All of these contribute to your in-between state.

One piece of advice for her just in case. Wear your front door key around your neck or wrist while you sleep. Especially if it's in a new bed. Personal experience. :yes:

5string

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
http://www.sleepfoundation.org/article/sleep-related-problems/sleepwalking

Does alcohol affect the problem? Maybe try a little wine before bed?

I don't think the problem has one definitive answer for everyone, other than to experiment with changing any current medications and also diet. One at a time, she could try cutting out all of the things we tend to ingest in excess (salt, sugar, caffeine, alcohol, gluten) and see if that makes any difference.
Thanks Bible.

She does drink alot of coffee. Has a couple of glases of red wine at night. Seems to be a consensus that you should actually wake them up. I'll talk to her tonight about it. Actually, she's aleady told me it's ok to wake her when she's talking in her sleep.

I'ts bad enough when they talk when they are awake! :D

L B

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Any way to set a movement alarm when it's bedtime? Like when she steps out of bed before her usual wake up time, it would blasts a sound that would wake up the whole neighborhood.

When I was a kid, a friend and neighbor of mine would occasionally walk in his sleep. Somehow he would always walk from his bedroom on the 2nd floor out the front door. His parents were scared to death each time.

5string

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I started to bolt lock both the bedroom door, the door going out to the master balcony and the door going from the master down to the courtyard. She can't seem to figure out how to open them when she's asleep.

Weird.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I lived with a woman who was a sleepwalker. Not really much you can do but convince them to come back to bed. She used to get all frustrated about something when she was sleepwalking and I'd tell her "come back to bed, I'll take care of it for you" and she'd listen.

Guoy Darko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
To the guys who are sleepwalking: How did you realize you were sleepwalking?

Do you wake up while sleepwalking? Or do you wake up the next morning finding your whole apartment rearranged? Or maybe something else?

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What exactly does she do when she sleepwalks?

5string

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Atom Smasher said:
What exactly does she do when she sleepwalks?
Well, one time she went all the way downstairs and into the garage. She was just sitting there, still asleep. One of my dogs was kissing her face. I just grabbed her by the hand and took her back to bed. She didnt say a thing. She has also gone downstairs and washed a few dishes and does not remember doing it. There is more, but you get the picture Atom.

Weird.

seagull

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So how can you tell she when she sleepwalking? Does she still have her eyes closed? Is it dangerous to wake someone up while they are sleepwalking? Sorry if this sounds ignorant. I have never seen someone sleep walking before, I'd probably get a fright if I did!

5string

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
seagull said:
So how can you tell she when she sleepwalking? Does she still have her eyes closed? Is it dangerous to wake someone up while they are sleepwalking? Sorry if this sounds ignorant. I have never seen someone sleep walking before, I'd probably get a fright if I did!
It's not ignorant.

She has her eyes open. They are kinda glazed over and she looks like she's in a trance. I have even asked her questions and she's answered. Never remembers a thing the next morning.

What I have read is that the best thing is to wake them. I have not done that yet but I'm gonna and have told her so. I'm just concerned that she might get hurt.

Guoy Darko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So if she wasn't having a boyfriend, she wouldn't knew she was sleepwalking? Quite fascinating.

A few times I woke up with my arms spread wide looking for a lightswitch because I had to go to the bathroom. Is that sleepwalking? Or just fully automatic going to the bathroom at night?

I never done "weird" things like doing the dishes or driving a car while being a sleep. I asked my doctor about it. She told me sleepwalking only happens in Donald Duck cartoons. :confused:

Your girlfriend never woke up by herself during sleepwalking? How many times a week does she sleepwalk?

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
seagull said:
It's difficult to tell at first if the person is sleepwalking. They can walk around with their eyes open, just as if they woke up to go take a piss. The giveaway is what they're doing or what they're talking about. If they're doing or saying something that makes absolutely no sense, then they're still sleeping. You know those dreams you have that are completely fvcking retarded? Imagine acting one out. That's basically what sleepwalking is.

You can wake someone up from sleepwalking. The point where they actually wake up can be a bit difficult to tell. They can insist that they are awake even if they're still sleeping. That's why I don't bother waking them up. I just convince them to go back to bed.

You probably wouldn't be frightened by a sleepwalker. You'd probably think it's bizarre or even funny.