Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Sleeping with self-confidence audio tapes playing in a loop - does it do anything?

BannedGod

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Title pretty much asks it all. Does it have any sort of positive effect on our confidence by affecting our subconscious?

Uncharted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you are overthinking this. You don't need tapes. Just be more confident. Remember the times that you were not confident. That way when you are in a situation where you have to talk to a girl or open a convo, you can remember what it felt like to have not said anything.

Use that as motivation.

Trailboss

Don Juan
Reaction score
It worked for the guy who sold you the tapes.....

Mr. Bond

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you had amazing ideas on how to change your life and you had a mindset of success, wouldn't you want to sell your ideas? I would. Most of the best materials I've found have been purchased.

OP, I would not bother looping them while you sleep. Perhaps listen to them as you fall asleep and have a point where it cuts off. For example, I will listen to a playlist I created that's about 20-50 minutes long (depending on my mood). I listen to the audios as I fall asleep and they cut off while I'm sleeping. I've found listening to spoken word while I'm sleeping affects the quality of my sleep.

Don't listen to these guys who say positive audios are not helpful. They are neglecting their inner game. DJ mastery (and mastery of all other areas of your life) comes with a change in thinking and with ACTION.

Without a change in mindset and positive reinforcement, your action-only approach will lead you to run into the same brick wall over and over. With only a change in mindset and no action, your mindset will not last, and no results will be attained.

BannedGod

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr. Bond said:
If you had amazing ideas on how to change your life and you had a mindset of success, wouldn't you want to sell your ideas? I would. Most of the best materials I've found have been purchased.

OP, I would not bother looping them while you sleep. Perhaps listen to them as you fall asleep and have a point where it cuts off. For example, I will listen to a playlist I created that's about 20-50 minutes long (depending on my mood). I listen to the audios as I fall asleep and they cut off while I'm sleeping. I've found listening to spoken word while I'm sleeping affects the quality of my sleep.

Don't listen to these guys who say positive audios are not helpful. They are neglecting their inner game. DJ mastery (and mastery of all other areas of your life) comes with a change in thinking and with ACTION.

Without a change in mindset and positive reinforcement, your action-only approach will lead you to run into the same brick wall over and over. With only a change in mindset and no action, your mindset will not last, and no results will be attained.
Thanks for the reply. I haven't gotten anything yet, but I've always been interested in the power of the subconscious. DO you have anything to recommend, preferably free (for starters)?

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
mike32CT's Four Step Plan to Boost the OP's Confidence:

1. Load up your car.
2. Get on I-95 South.
3. Get out of CT as fast as you can lol. Just not during rush hour.
4. Never look back or think of the 3.5M snobby, cliquey, condescending, backstabbers you are leaving behind lol.

But assuming you're stuck here like moi... I have a good job here so I'm still here...

I would focus on building your confidence via value-building exercises whether its the gym, hobbies, career, etc.

I wouldn't spend money on "self-confidence" products.

Notwithstanding, I think affirmations are a more healthy way to re-program your brain if you must go that route. Plus you can customize them to YOUR needs. There are tons of free articles about that stuff online.

Plus with affirmations, you KNOW what is in them. I'm scared of subliminals because I don't know exactly what their script is.

If they aren't subliminal and you can consciously listen to them once to be sure what's on it, then it's probably ok.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
Having self confidence is good and all, but it's like your personality. Your confidence, personality, and attitude won't make your body and bank any more attractive.

Case closed.

st_99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
knowledge and taking action are the only thing that will build your self confidence.

learn to game (pua sites, books, whatever..)

apply it (go out and try to pick up girls)

adjust as needed

= massive self confidence.

your brain is too smart to fall for some dumb tapes telling you to be confident. a fat guy that tells himself he skinny 100x a day
knows he is still fat.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The aquisition of self-confidence comes from doing, and persevering in a detached way until success is achieved.

That being said, I have come to believe that well-made subliminals can free up a man's inhibitions and cause him to start acting with less fear.

sageproduct

Banned
Reaction score
I've actually had experience with the products OP is talking about.

When I was 14 I got these sports psychology affirmation tapes that you play at a low volume when you're just doing whatever, as well as tracks that you listen to while you sleep. I listened to them on and off for about a year. Sometimes I went a whole month straight listening to them every day.

Did they help me? Maybe, maybe not. I do remember that that was the age where I started feeling strongly about developing my personal beliefs. And they did align with the material I was listening to. If I had to guess, I would probably say that the tracks actually did help.

You don't need to spend money on this though. Just get a voice recorder or some other audio recording hardware and software, go in a quiet room, and record yourself reciting a script filled with affirmations that are important to you. It should work just as well, because really that's all these tracks are - just vocal affirmations.

Darth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to do this. It was a waste of time basically. I wasn't addressing the core issues, which were hangups from childhood. If it works for you that's wonderful, but it seems like if your personality is complicated to the point where you would need to listen to the tapes, the tapes are simply adding another layer of complication when what is really best is to come to terms with your past. Ask, "Am I angry or bitter about anything or anyone?" And when you answer that, ask yourself, "Why?" And think about how your relationship with your parents was growing up.

I just know about this stuff- I used to be into all the self-help books and audio tapes and etc. Now I look back and wish I hadn't wasted the money and time distracting myself.