skipping 8th through 10th? >.>

Wtbfail

Reaction score
yeah so im 17 and missed 3-ish years of school, finished 7th and i didnt attend any school after that . now i should be a junior in HS but its near end of term and i dont even know if a school would pick me up or if one did, I could make it through any class. maybe a GED is my only option ? I looked up some info on Online courses for high schools but... mehhh.. id prefer to get my diploma the normal way. is it even possible to make it through junior with an 8th grade education ... ? >.>

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How is that even possible?

Honestly, you wouldn't even pass the GED... the GED has 11th-12th year type of questions. Not hard... but you've missed THREE years of school.

You'd have to study pretty hard to pass it.

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just study like a mad man and take the test. You will probably be better educated than most because frankly high school is s%@#$. You will end up keeping more information than most if you really apply yourself to learning/studying/passing the test. Most people forget most of the garbage they learned in high school soon after they graduate. College is what matters.

Wtbfail

Reaction score
thing about a GED is .. i mean.. what kind of college can i get into with that.. someone looks at it and wonders.. oh wow now why doesnt this kid have a normal diploma..

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They don't look at your diploma or GED. Any moron can get a diploma.

They look at your SAT scores.

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Get your GED. A year or two of Community College then transfer. You'll prob be ahead of your peers in knowledge and school

Teflon_Mcgee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wtbfail, let me tell you my story.

I basically stopped going to school in 7th grade too.

When I turned 16 (min. age) I bought some GED study books, studied, and took the GED.

I then took a semester at a community college because I needed the credits to join the Marine Corps.

When I left the Marine Corps (4 years later) I returned to a community college
and worked toward a transfer degree (pre-engineering) to go to a university.

I worked hard and ensured I got excellent grades.

That right there opened up every door I needed.

Now I am about to finish my BS in electrical engineering at the very top of my class.

I am going to be able to apply, and most likely be accepted, to any grad school I choose due to my near perfect college performance. I already work as an engineer and make more money (hourly) than almost everybody I know.

I've had a lot of people look down on me and talk trash, thinking their HS diploma means something.

I'm more successful (both academically and financially) than all of them and have only just begun.

So just keep that in mind. It all boils down to how hard you're willing to work.