Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

six pack plan?

Rint

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I need help getting a nice six pack. I have one when i flex, but yea. We have a abes work out tape at my school's gym, but it dousn work for me. Whats a fast good abe work out to get nice abes?

Crazy Asian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i think ur prob is mainly ur body fat. you should do an aeorbic excercise that tones ur abs like jogging or swimming or tennis etc. also, it's important to do a variety to abs workouts that work all the different parts of ur abs.

SenorSuave

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea, I'm in the same situation. It's not really working on your abs, is losing what fat you do have. One workout I've been trying recently works EXTREMELY well but is also very tiring. You take a jog and every 50 yards or so, drop down and do either 25 push-ups or sit-ups. I forget the name but it works very well and increases your endurance levels all the same.

Rint

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Do u guys have any other ideas if i dont want to lose weight?

nosmirk

Don Juan
Reaction score
go genetically modify yourself to have transparent fat.....

ConantheLibertarian

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Rint said:
:crackup:

Real funny. Six pack abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym. BF% over a certain threshold and 6 pack abs are not compatible.

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rint said:

I think I get what he meant by this. What if you're already skinny and you don't want to do aerobics?

Axcell

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, what happens if you are very skinny.. and you want abs? Anybody recommend anything?

donjuanjovi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sniper001 said:
Yeah, what happens if you are very skinny.. and you want abs? Anybody recommend anything?
What works best for me is HEAVY decline sit-ups for adding thickness.

Rint

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea, cause i'm pretty skinny i weigh 140, and i am 5,6. So is there an abe work out plan thats good that anyone knows?

monas7

Reaction score
Don't bother with 'ab workout plans', they are the sort of thing women do when they think that doing x amount of sit ups, crunches etc on a mat is going to give them a toned stomach. The only good that does is burns off extra calories and hopefully keeps them slim.

If your goal is visual (ie you want a six pack) then the reality is it's 100% about body fat. If you have low body fat, you will have a six pack.

If your goal is that you want a strong set of abs (which is good because it helps your posture and supports your back, prevents injury) then lifting exercises like deadlifts and squats are going to do you more good than sit ups and crunches. Deadlift without a weights belt, make sure your form is good, and your core will strengthen.

ConantheLibertarian

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Overhead lifts. They sue the abs into a stabilizing role, which is really what the abs are intended to do, not just look pretty ;).

Solarium

Don Juan
Reaction score
There's a lot of controversy about this, but is slow weighted crunches better for building bigger ab muscles, or intense fast crunches?

Tried switching between the 2, but haven't really seen any differences.

Also, what is the ideal number of days out of the week devoted to abs. Currently I do 3-4 days, usually after work out.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Solarium said:
There's a lot of controversy about this, but is slow weighted crunches better for building bigger ab muscles, or intense fast crunches?

Tried switching between the 2, but haven't really seen any differences.

Also, what is the ideal number of days out of the week devoted to abs. Currently I do 3-4 days, usually after work out.
abs grow like any other muscle, progressive resistance.. pile up the plates on your chest and do decline situps rotated with hanging leg raises.

abs can be done 2-4 times a week.

Solarium

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm getting huge bulks on my top 2 abs, but they pretty much disappear after the 2nd set. Is there a way to work the lower abs more than the upper abs? I mean, it looks wierd having your top 2 abs extending out as much as your pecs.

About the hanging leg raises, don't they work on your psoas muscles rather than your abs? Same theory behind the straight legged situps.

I've been reading a lot about abs, and so far I've been doing normal uninclined crunches carrying a 5 pound dumbell over my head. I bend my knee, then crunch with my elbows reaching toward my knee, count to 3, then back down again. I do this for 15 reps, with 3 sets total. I recently changed my method to faster crunches, pulling myself higher, and increasing the reps to 25. Sometimes right after the work out, I've been experiencing pains around my upper ab region, as though my muscles are pulling my rib cage back. Not sure if that a good thing or not...

stronglifts

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rint said:
I need help getting a nice six pack. I have one when i flex, but yea. We have a abes work out tape at my school's gym, but it dousn work for me. Whats a fast good abe work out to get nice abes?
Heavy lifting & diet.

Heavy lifting:
*Squats
*Deadlift
*Rows
*Press
*Bench Press

In that order, 3 times a week, you'll get a solid pair of abs (especially from the overhead work).

stronglifts

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Solarium said:
I'm getting huge bulks on my top 2 abs, but they pretty much disappear after the 2nd set. Is there a way to work the lower abs more than the upper abs? I mean, it looks wierd having your top 2 abs extending out as much as your pecs.

About the hanging leg raises, don't they work on your psoas muscles rather than your abs? Same theory behind the straight legged situps.

I've been reading a lot about abs, and so far I've been doing normal uninclined crunches carrying a 5 pound dumbell over my head. I bend my knee, then crunch with my elbows reaching toward my knee, count to 3, then back down again. I do this for 15 reps, with 3 sets total. I recently changed my method to faster crunches, pulling myself higher, and increasing the reps to 25. Sometimes right after the work out, I've been experiencing pains around my upper ab region, as though my muscles are pulling my rib cage back. Not sure if that a good thing or not...
Good advice from Espi.

Btw, your abs have more than one function. They not only flex (crunches), they also rotate (obliques) & they also support your back in keep you upright.

You should do exercises which will work all three functions. Easiest is probably to work the supporting function the most (overhead work, heavy squats,...)

Solarium

Don Juan
Reaction score
*Squats
*Deadlift
*Rows
*Press
*Bench Press

I know how to do squats and deadlifts, but what are rows and presses? I'm assuming that bench press is the one where you lie down and press the barbell up.

For some reason whenever I do squats, my right shoulder cramp and hurt as hell from my arm moving behind holding the bar. Is there a way to fix this?

stronglifts

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Solarium said:
*Squats
*Deadlift
*Rows
*Press
*Bench Press

I know how to do squats and deadlifts, but what are rows and presses? I'm assuming that bench press is the one where you lie down and press the barbell up.

For some reason whenever I do squats, my right shoulder cramp and hurt as hell from my arm moving behind holding the bar. Is there a way to fix this?
Barbell Rows & Overhead Press (or Press)

Pull your elbows back during the squat, put your chest forward, use a shoulder width grip (about 22 inch/55cm). Could be a flexibility issue, hard to say without a video of your form. Try some overhead dislocations, it will help flexibility in the shoulders.