Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Single moms...go for it or run?

Moofahsa

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 22, met a girl that is a single mom...I can tell shes into me but I'm not really sure about dating a single mom AGAIN. (I dated one when I was 16-18)

Not going for a piece of ass, but a serious relationship...

st_99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At your age, run.

Now close this thread and thats that. Trust me.

DJVladdy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Duuude i cannot believe u guys are passing out older women. Single mom, married woman, woman older than 35 all major turn ons

rakishness

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
this topic comes up alot

I'm curious about this too.

Are single moms at least good for a quick lay? I know all mature djs say stay away from them as far as relationships are concerned.
But what about a quickie?????

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Disadvantage: you'll always be less important to her than her kids.

Advantage: she won't be eyeing you up as a sperm donor (more applicable to 30ish people, when biological clocks start ticking louder).

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what exactly does the term biological clock mean? does it mean when women get older, they want babies and start thinking about it more?

Abbott

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ken785 said:
what exactly does the term biological clock mean? does it mean when women get older, they want babies and start thinking about it more?
Pretty much.

I think it's mostly a legacy biological urge, since it's normally difficult to have children after a certain age. Although I've heard of women in their 60s having children. With modern technology more things are becoming possible.

The attitude that older people aren't as good a candidate for being parents also lingers. I've heard of the 73 year old man who has custody of his twin 8 year old grandsons. His custody was challenged, I think the theory is that he wouldn't be able to handle them because he wouldn't have enough energy. However, he kept his custody.

Funny thing is, except for energy levels and in more extreme cases, whether they'll live long enough, I very much believe that older people in general would make better parents than younger people.

As for single mothers, it just sounds like more trouble than it's worth. Also, if the single mother is less than 27 years older than her oldest child, I seriously call into question her responsibility. Very few people under that age seem to have sufficient resources to raise children. After all, the single most expensive (both money AND time) undertaking of any normal, typical adult is a child. Plus, how many 22 year olds have a lot of money or have higher paying jobs?

If a single mother is less than 21 years older than her oldest child, then I won't touch that and I don't care what her situation is.

Another thing, is that since I don't have any children, I demand that she doesn't have any children either.

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't raise someone else's DNA. What are you, stupid?

A single mom is a hor, and a particularly low-value one at that. Hors don't make for good relationships. She's all over you because she wants you to help raise her b@stard. She knows that her status as a single mother has dramatically lowered her marketability in the dating scene. Don't settle for a girl so low-quality.

if you're just going for a ONS, on the other hand, then just do whatever

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've known single moms who are good women and others who are not so good. A lot of single moms are more realistic about relationships, having found out for themselves it often doesn't work out like their fantasies would have it.

As with any particular group of people, there's no "one size that fits all."

gray_fox_9

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just got out of a LTR with a single mom. Probably the worst mistake I ever made. Way too much drama having to deal with the kids father and whatnot. And also the poor kid started to call me daddy. So if you just wanna f- buddy its cool but as for LTR I would stay away.

Dark Chivalry

Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you prefer older women, are there many women having babies young in your area or do you just happen to fall for the mommies?

I'm 22 and rarely meet single mothers in the dating scene. I can see that a 32 year old man would run into them regularly, but at 22 it is unusual.

How old was the woman you dated in your teens? And this one?

I.A.F.Y.B.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Obsidian said:
Don't raise someone else's DNA. What are you, stupid?

A single mom is a hor, and a particularly low-value one at that. Hors don't make for good relationships. She's all over you because she wants you to help raise her b@stard. She knows that her status as a single mother has dramatically lowered her marketability in the dating scene. Don't settle for a girl so low-quality.

if you're just going for a ONS, on the other hand, then just do whatever
Best said...

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most of the time, there's a reason that Daddy's not around anymore, and most of the time that reason has something to do with Mommy. The only exception I can think of is sometimes a guy will discover meth and disappear from his family.

But at 22, someone else's kids are the last thing you need. Maybe at 42 it would not be such a big deal, but you are way too young to be a surrogate daddy.

d9930380

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
gray_fox_9 - The kid started calling you daddy. ****! Run for the hills.

The problem with using single moms as **** buddies is that feelings can/will develop and then it becomes harder and harder to run away.

ONSs is ok I suppose.

Moofahsa

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know what the HELL is wrong with this area. I am taking 2 psyc/sociology classes for summer 2 session....

I was stoked I was the only guy in either class, 6 chicks in one and 6 in the other. Granted 4 of the 12 were older and married, but NO JOKE every single solitary one has a kid. 8 out of 8 possible...100%... I showed up early to class today and hung out in the lobby waiting for chicks to walk through the front, hoping to strike up a conversation...this fine looking tall chick comes waltzin in and doing the whole over done ass shake because she knows I'm staring...

Walks into the lobby and asks about finanical aide and if their was freakin daycare.

I'm seriously thinking about just giving up and becoming ultra involved with the church, seems that is the only place where the responsible women are.

Dark Chivalry

Don Juan
Reaction score
Or just move to a different area. A good 80% of unmarried women in their twenties are childless, even atheists.

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm seriously thinking about just giving up and becoming ultra involved with the church, seems that is the only place where the responsible women are.
A decent idea. Try to find a church that hasn't adopted feminized theology. Church girls aren't usually promiscuous (altho there are some f*cked up churches which are exceptions), but you can still find plenty of feminists among them. Feminists are masculine women who are similar to hors. Find a church that adheres to solid biblical theology, with a traditional setup to the worship service. That is, find one with real men and real women.