Single Again - it's rough out there!

SoCalMike

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, been a while since I've been on this board. I've been single for a few months, but just started dating again. Boy the dating world just seems to be getting crazier and crazier.

Anyway, I figured I'd share a couple of recent dating stories with ya'll, maybe you can relate, or just have a laugh at my expense ;)

Date 1: Very bitter, obvious anger issues. Not bad looking, slight chub but definitely still attractive. (Very pretty face.)

Anyway, she was brought up in a super strict religious home, and they also have a lot of money. Apparently she had rebelled a while back, but was now back to being a "good" Christian girl. Hmmm.... sketchy. Seems that these types of girls are often nut jobs, possibly due to sexual frustration. Although I must admit all the scummy guys out there don't help.

So, I was the whipping boy for the night. Paid for dinner and her drinks, and got a nice dose of her emotional baggage dumped on me later. At the end of the date she drops me off at my car. I have two cars, one is my work vehicle (2001 Corolla), the other is a new 2007 Mustang GT. I usually drive the Mustang when I go on dates of course. But this evening I had come straight from work so I drove the Corolla. She actually tells me when she drops me off "you need a new car". Wow! What a beeootch!

The next day she texts me saying "I don't think this will become anything romantic". It's funny, b/c I had no intention of contacting her again, nor had I. I guess it was a "dump you before you dump me" kinda thing. LOL

Date 2: Very cute petite little hottie. Great body. Had a fun time, we went mini-golfing and brought a little Jack N Coke with us. :) At the end of the night I drop her off, and she wants to F without a condom! Whu?? I just met her the day before! Come to find out a few days later she's cheating on her b/f with me and God knows how many other dudes.

Wow, the wonderful world of dating!

Feel free to comment and share your stories. :)

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey SoCal...good work. Yeah it is tough. I take it these were internet dates? From my experience there are so many women on the net with issues it makes it next to impossible to find anyone worth dating long term. Your two dates sound like par for the course.

On a side note, I noticed you are from Pasadena CA. I just got back from Santa Monica visiting my gf. I live in Michigan. She got a great short term job offer out there so we are making the best of it. We try and see each other once a month. Anyway, when I'm out there we always go to Pasadena once or twice. I really like it. You are in girl heaven there, especially in that downtown area. So many hotties walking around every night. So far I've gone to the 35er, the yard house, barneys, a brewery that I can't remember the name of, and a few other bars. I really like the yard house. We were there last Friday night..wow just tons of hot girls walking around. No need to use the internet out there dude, just get out there and meet a few of them. One of the things that my gf's friends all say is how few single men there are out there, but there are so many single women. I gotta agree. It seems as though the ratio of single women to single men I see out there is 5 to 1 or so. If i was single and in the 20-35 age range I would be out there in a heart beat lol. You guys don't know what you are missing if you've never been there.

One of my gf's friends (a cutie from Glendale) just broke up with her bf. She works at Nestle at a great job and is super fun and attractive. I should set you up with her next time I'm out there lol. She's 32 as well. Orignally from Cleveland. Loves to drink beer, watched the ultimate Fighting Championships with us last week lol.

SoCalMike

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
You are in girl heaven there

I was going to tell him the same thing.
Actually, I moved to Long Beach and haven't updated my profile. But you are correct sir! Pasadena is girl heaven.

Lucky for me, Long Beach is too. I went to Huntington Beach two weeks ago. OMFG!!! Never seen so many gorgeous girls in my life!

That's where I met date 1 (bitter/angry chick).

The other one was an internet date, and I agree the internet is the WORST possible place to meet chicks. I should know better! :p

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah just walking around Santa Monica every day can make a guy drool. Hotties everywhere. I was down in Laguana beach and Huntington beach last time I was there..lots of hotties there too.

Just seems as though the women out there are in much better shape in general, I'm sure from the healthy lifestyle.

edger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A state in America that'll unmercifully leave you
SoCalMike said:
and she wants to F without a condom! Whu?? I just met her the day before!
Yo, chicks are CRAZY! EVERY single chick I've nailed NEVER cared about using a condom, never asked me to put one on, NEVER. They're nuts! And so many of them have nerve to call men irresponsible. Humorous. Women really DO need to be lead!

SoCalMike

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
edger said:
Yo, chicks are CRAZY! EVERY single chick I've nailed NEVER cared about using a condom, never asked me to put one on, NEVER. They are nuts! And so many of them have nerve to call men irresponsible. Humorous. Women really DO need to be lead!
Yeah, she was a ho! And that equals mental case.

She txt'd me about a week later with "I'm so lost" looking for sympathy. Whatever slut!

SoCalMike

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
cordoncordon said:
Just seems as though the women out there are in much better shape in general, I'm sure from the healthy lifestyle.
Agreed.

I've come to the conclusion that nothing beats main st. Huntington Beach on a sunny Saturday afternoon. Now that I'm a free man again, I will be there as often as possible. :)

armadon

Don Juan
Reaction score
SoCalMike said:
Agreed.

I've come to the conclusion that nothing beats main st. Huntington Beach on a sunny Saturday afternoon. Now that I'm a free man again, I will be there as often as possible. :)
Ah man that was my stomping grounds about 10 years ago. Back to your topic though I haven't meet any really wacko's or anything just haven't made a connection with someone. I wonder if it's an area thing.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
SoCalMike said:
Agreed.

I'm so jealous! Especially since in a few weeks it's going to start getting so cold here in the midwest brrr :eek:

MR_PERFECT

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
edger said:
Yo, chicks are CRAZY! EVERY single chick I've nailed NEVER cared about using a condom, never asked me to put one on, NEVER. They're nuts! And so many of them have nerve to call men irresponsible. Humorous. Women really DO need to be lead!
What??? I thought I was the only special guy out there. I've been with women from different age groups, financial status, races, and they all left it up to me whether I used a condom or not. Even girls I've only known for a few hours. But they all tell me the same thing, "you're the only guy I would do this with!"

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MR_PERFECT said:
What??? I thought I was the only special guy out there. I've been with women from different age groups, financial status, races, and they all left it up to me whether I used a condom or not. Even girls I've only known for a few hours. But they all tell me the same thing, "you're the only guy I would do this with!"
Maybe it's my man-wh0re reputation, but most of the chicks I've been with have been pretty adamant about the condom thing the first few go arounds.

Condoms SUCK.....BTW.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a girl pretend to be into my favorite sports team this past weekend. I was tricked Friday night when i met her and invited her to watch the game with me Sunday at the sports bar i always go to (four big screens with four different games on).

Her main reason for liking the team because of troy polamalu's hair. She might have been joking. She had some very general ideas about the rules.

I looked around and envied the guys there with girls wearing jerseys and yelling at the screen and everything.

At least she quickly grasped the rules of fantasy football and at least faked disappointment while i watched Kevin Curtis put up 200+ yards and 3 TDs after i'd benched him 2 hours prior.

Somehow through some series of events she asked to be invited to next week's game too. I'm iffy. I don't know if she's really interested in the game itself or not. I realize people have different levels of interest but if you are just faking it to 'just hang out' then you cannot watch the game with me because you must understand why the waitress is asking why i'm giving her the death stare after watching my team get scored upon. She did know to keep quiet during plays at least.

The question "do you always wear a jersey when you come here" didn't help her cause at all. Come to think of it, neither did her suggestion that I learn to knit.

STR8UP said:
Condoms SUCK.....BTW.
I usually pass on sex for this reason alone. It's just not worth it if i have to wear one. I pretty much make sure they're on birth control and swear an oath that i'm the only one they're fvcking. So i kinda reverse the roles where i make them wait for it heh...

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"man-wh0re reputation" - ha!

Condoms SUCK.....BTW

Yes, yes they do. "Showering in a raincoat" is an apt metaphor. Even when I am at my most negative regarding ltr monogamy, regular condom-free sex always remains the ltr's main attraction.

Condom decisions relate to hyperbolic discounting, which I find interesting.

http://www.damninteresting.com/?p=507

Almost everyone occasionally falls victim to this defect of human reasoning, an irrational bias referred to as temporal myopia. Like visual myopia, temporal myopia causes clarity to decrease with distance, but it applies to our perception of the future rather than of our sense of sight. Instead of inspiring caution, our brains' typical response to this uncertainty is to sharply reduce the importance of the future in our decision-making, an effect known as hyperbolic discounting. Consequences which occur at a later time, good or bad, tend to have a lot less bearing on our choices the more distantly they fall in the future… even when one's life is at stake.

MR_PERFECT

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr. Ruckus, I've noticed that when a woman likes you, she will be into the same things you're into, or at least fake it. Just let her go along, explain the game to her and she will get it in time.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
or at least fake it

Something that relates to that, if she is around long enough for you to learn her interests and habits, you don't have to fake interest, BUT if she is into something that you think is incredibly stupid, don't say so! Let her like whatever she likes: music, movies, hobbies, whatever. You might think it's the dumbest crap in the world, but never trash her good time. If you just walked out of a movie together, thinking it was horrible, and she blurts out "that movie was great! I loved it!," just be like 'yeah it was' and change the subject. Carlos Menicia talked about this in one of his routines, saying 'don't take a dump on my good time.'

I think it's funny when girls think emo music is some kind of kick-ass hard rock, but I have learned not to argue. Let her like what she likes. Otherwise, you're no fun.

edger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
STR8UP said:
Condoms SUCK.....BTW.
Oh yeah, totally agree. But it's not worth risking it and f*cking things up for yourself by having a kid. I definitely don't need or want that. I've already decided a long time ago I ain't having kids. F*ck that sh*t.

hadoken

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
You are in girl heaven there

I was going to tell him the same thing.

For girls, girls, girls, LA is hands down the best. All those hollywood wannabes raise the average and you have a LOT of single eligible great girls. Unfort., plan to feel very middle class unless you make over $250K.

edger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hadoken said:
Unfort., plan to feel very middle class unless you make over $250K.
Oh stop. Quit underestimating yourself and putting yourself on the backburner. Who cares how much you make. This post reeks of insecurity. You can bag ANY chick you want, providing you have the right game. You are the prize no matter how much you make. Anyone who places their sense of self-worth on and hides behind money, or a specific job title to make themselves feel good/powerful in life, is a Grade-A loser.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are the prize no matter how much you make

I agree, but I think he did not mean otherwise. Girls are the up side of LA, cost of living is the down side.