Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Silverwex's Bulking Thread

silverwex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks lads.

No cardio today, just too tired after being out last night. Bank Holiday weekend here so might be headin out again tonight!

silverwex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Leg workout is usually Monday but since its a bank hol here and im low on protein rich foods Im doing cardio today and weight training tomorrow.

CARDIO 31 OCT 2005

45 minutes jog - AM cardio

Current Weight: 155 lbs approx (hate losing all this weight but its gotta be done!)

Current BF: 17.5% Approx.

silverwex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SATURDAY/SUNDAY 12/13 NOVEMBER
-----------------------------------

No cardio at all these days as I felt I had the flu coming on and was lacking in energy and felt drained.

gav

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
alright mate, ye cardio sux but it's got to be done. i usually get loads in the morning from...running to fvcking lectures.

just saw your pics there, lookin not too bad; lats look pretty toned and your arms are lookin pretty big (at least the high bf%'s good for that :) )

anyways, keep at it bud

btw, if you're eating a protein shake in the morning, is that cuz you've been at the gym before it? my mate got me started on taking only carbs in the morning (plus as much milk as i like); workout in the afternoon; full meals afterwards. in terms of results, i haven't lost anything at all, while it saves me a shytload of money; eating a couple of protein shakes/chicken breasts in the morning is a waste of money in my opinion; for me, all my muscle recovery happens post-workout and during the night, not at the start of the day; just a thought

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by gav
my mate got me started on taking only carbs in the morning (plus as much milk as i like); workout in the afternoon; full meals afterwards. in terms of results, i haven't lost anything at all, while it saves me a shytload of money; eating a couple of protein shakes/chicken breasts in the morning is a waste of money in my opinion; for me, all my muscle recovery happens post-workout and during the night, not at the start of the day; just a thought
Bollocks mate, quite frankly. Muscle recovery only occurs during the night? Whoever told you that? It does occur at a faster rate when you're enjoying some deep REM sleep BUT you're growing and recovering ALL THE TIME. Every minute of the day and anyone who tells you otherwise is a liar.

That's like saying any food you eat after 9pm goes directly to fat storage. In other words, completely idiotic.

Now I'm not of the stupid 'whey on waking' club who seem to think you're catabolic as soon as you wake up (it takes me a good 45mins-1hr to actually eat anything after I've got up in the morning, and I can just SEE my biceps shrinking because of this, hell, today it took me an hour and a half and I swear I lost some quad size), but neither do I think that, since you've starved your body of protein all night, that you should wait even longer before eating some.

You're growing all the time, it makes sense to keep the amino pool in your bloodsteam as full as possible for as long as possible.

THIS IS EVEN MORE IMPORTANT FOR PEOPLE TRYING TO DROP BODYFAT. It makes 110% sense to kickstart your metabolism with a high protein meal in the morning.

silverwex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm interesting debate going on above but I think Ill stick with eating the protein in the morning gav. Thanks for the reply - to be honest, I havent made any significant gains in the past few months so Im dying to get back into adding mass instead of cutting.

Cant wait for my lifts to go up again.

Good to hear you guys back on my thread - keep up the good advice! :)

gav

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Warboss Alex
There's a debate? :confused:
lol mate
i didn't mean that muscle recovery only happens during post-workout and during the night; i meant that that's the time where i put my emphasis on building muscle cuz the rate of muscle recovery + building is much greater; in the morning all i care about is getting some good quality energy

tbh, my knowledge about losing weight is shyte cuz i've never intentionally cut down in my life (apart from when i'm shagging, cuz that's the only reason i do it :D). if early morning protein's important for that then all the best

away for some squats; see yees later

silverwex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
UPDATE:

Still lifting - just coz i havent posted here in a while doesnt mean anything! :)

Think Ill take a break from lifting for a week over the Christmas period although Im gonna keep my Leg Day in there as I find that I lose a LOT of strength if I take a week off legs - hmm!

Not looking forward to strength losses over the next week tho..

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Strength losses are nothing, it all comes back far quicker than you think.

Enjoy yourself mate! It's Christmas!

:rockon:

silverwex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cheers Alex.

Hey come back here more often will ya?! We need some good advice on these boards from you semag A-Unit and the like - more often!

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
silver you gotta play it more cool can't be so clingy or you will drive Alex away =D......but i definately agree. so give us an update silver will you

silverwex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol @ double

Yeah man updates a-plenty after Christmas!

Have a good one man.

silverwex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Crap crap! Sorry for not posting in AGES guys.

Ive been busy with the routine Alex gave me - seem to be adding reps and weight weekly on a lot of the exercises. I dont seem to be getting much bigger tho.

Also, sets/reps/weight for pull ups/bicep work/skulls seem to NEVER improve while al my other lifts seem to be fine.

God I hate back work as im so weak in that department!