Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Sick of the internet Vs "real world" debate

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm sick and tired of people who somehow think that some strange alien beings inhabit the internet. Let me clue you in on something.

You see that women walking down the street? She's going to an internet cafe. Are you telling me that as she enters that room she gets zapped into some funky parallel dimension where she does not exist in the "real world" anymore? Give me a break.

Those "normal" women you see in the "real world" are the same women you see on the internet. As shocking as this is, women on the internet are really women in the "real world" who use a computer that is hooked up to the internet! :eek:

I've also seen people comparing the behaviour of dating on the internet to that of pedaphiles. Let me clue you in on another detail. Pedophiles existed long before the internet was made. They just began using it as a tool when it became available.

You can meet nice women on the internet just like how you can meet nice women on the street. You can meet b1tches, wh0res, etc on the internet just like how you can meet b1tches, wh0res, etc on the street.

Having better luck in one than the other does not automatically rule out one as being a valid choice for dating. To each his own. Stop preaching one way is better than the other.

As far as dating on the internet goes, here is the deal:

The rules of the game change a little. The women don't.

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
way to defend your perversion:woo:

whistler

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
here's another mind-fvck

the people on here are much like friends in the real world. we seek their admiration and approval.

ok, not too profound... just don't forget that

Cheat_LBJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
It still doesn't change the fundamental fact that dating on the Internet carries with it an enormous social stigma. It labels you as someone who cannot get laid/meet a girl in the traditional way: by going out and talking to people in the real world. Think about it this way: would you ever tell someone you were trying to impress that you met your significant other online?

Plus, all of these girls you speak of...if they're really worthwhile, then why are the sitting in their rooms online instead of being out and having an active life? If they're so attractive, so outgoing, and so worthwile, why do they need to hide behind a computer screen to interact with other people?

Internet dating is just a way for dorks and people with no social skills to feel better about themselves while the people who truly have game and understand male-female interactions go out and score with all the hot women.

I_Only_Live_Once

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Although I agree with the original poster about how people on ther internet are people in the 'real world', the problem with focusing energy in the online world is that you never get any better at social skills or approaching women in real life (which are both essential). You can still remain a very shy, socially awkward person even if you meet lots of online people--I know because I used to be one. And from my experience, unless you're a teenager meeting up with another teenager, the quality of online women goes down a lot as our age goes up.

skeeloo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i dont know about you dudes but i have never meet an attractive woman on the internet.. just fat or ugly chicks with physcological problems.. but the internet isnt bad for looking for a quick lay. when you are tired and cant go out.

i highly doubt youll see a hot girl online.. when she can easily go out and get hit on my alotta guys. besides attractive girls online are just attention *****s.. seeking validation. its like they post thier pics just for us guys to tell them how hot they are.

rickyoj105

Reaction score
Talking on the internet isn't really going to help anyone improve their skills at talking to girls and becoming a DJ in the 'real world', and there do tend to be a large number of girls who are clearly desperate, and not many people would be interested in. Actually, I've only ever met one girl i like on the internet, and that was by a mutual friend introducing us! So personally I dont think its worth the effort to meet girls on the internet, but of course i'd be happy to be proven wrong some day.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
I honestly dont think its such a stigma at all. Not with all the commercials on tv for online dating as well as myspace and other such sites where people have their profiles.

Honestly i dont give a damn where the puzzy comes from, online, real world, weather baloon, aquatic carnivore who cares.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Those who can, do. Those who can't, gripe about it.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Originally posted by TillTheEndOfTime
I'm sick and tired of people who somehow think that some strange alien beings inhabit the internet. Let me clue you in on something.
Oh, you're gonna CLUE US IN, huh? :rolleyes:

True, real women use the Internet...for NEWS, WEATHER, and to CHAT WITH PEOPLE THEY ALREADY KNOW.

Women don't look to meet men over the Internet because:

1) They don't know how the man looks, and LOOKS ARE IMPORTANT to a woman.

2) They know that men trying to meet women on the Internet do so because they CAN'T attract the ABUNDANCE of hot, socially-adjusted women they see every day in real life. (or WOULD be seeing if they ever got up off their ass and away from the computer)

3) Point #2 indicates a lack of social skills, a lack of motivation, a lack of courage, or a mixture of all three.

So far, just about every girl I've met from the Internet has been mal-adjusted in some way or other. Either fat/ugly, personal trauma (abuse, neglect, etc), lack of self-confidence, lack of motivation, drug abuse, or some other "issue".

Not saying there's not the rare exception. But the fact that you're getting all haughty and trying to "school us" just shows us that you don't know WHAT the hell you're talking about and you're trying to convince YOURSELF as much as anyone else. :down:

By the way, how many women have you met on the Internet and dated?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Sick of the internet Vs "real world" debate

Originally posted by squirrels
...By the way, how many women have you met on the Internet and dated?
That was a question to TillTheEndOfTime, right?

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
TilltheEndofTime, I agreed generally with everything you said except the last part.
The rules of the game change a little. The women don't.
I think most people change some (maybe not everyone but most girls do) when they log online. I don't care what anyone says girls you meet online are skepticle of guys online and girls play more games, let alone the fact that others' mentioned regarding the lack of quality women willing to hookup via online.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ketostix
I think most people change some (maybe not everyone but most girls do) when they log online. I don't care what anyone says girls you meet online are skepticle of guys online and girls play more games, let alone the fact that others' mentioned regarding the lack of quality women willing to hookup via online.
So do you speak from experience about women being skeptical about you online or are you going just by the fact that "others" mentioned their lack of ability in properly qualifying women?

Also, isn't it strange to say that there is a lack of quality women in which to hookup? Do you really think that quality women are online just for the hookup or will hookup with anyone just because he sends her an email?

Just curious...

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ketostix
TilltheEndofTime, I agreed generally with everything you said except the last part.

So you're saying girls online are different than girls in the "real world"? Do they have 3 eyes? 2 vaginas?....what is it? Why are they different?

Girls play games. PERIOD.

Last edited:

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Sick of the internet Vs "real world" debate

Oh, you're gonna CLUE US IN, huh? :rolleyes:

True, real women use the Internet...for NEWS, WEATHER, and to CHAT WITH PEOPLE THEY ALREADY KNOW.
And this gross generalization is true because.......you say so? :rolleyes:

Women don't look to meet men over the Internet because:

1) They don't know how the man looks, and LOOKS ARE IMPORTANT to a woman.
There is this amazing technology these days where you can digitally encode pictures and view them on your computer. :eek:
I guess you never heard of that. Are you that behind/backwards in the times? :rolleyes:

2) They know that men trying to meet women on the Internet do so because they CAN'T attract the ABUNDANCE of hot, socially-adjusted women they see every day in real life. (or WOULD be seeing if they ever got up off their ass and away from the computer)
Another gross generalization. So....why would she be in a place where people are trying to meet for dating unless she's looking for the same thing? Are we assuming the girl is a blatant hypocrite? This argument does not make sense at all, is invalid, and holds no weight. :rolleyes:

3) Point #2 indicates a lack of social skills, a lack of motivation, a lack of courage, or a mixture of all three.
Wow you just really love to generalize and assume. Again, all your arguments either make no sense or are based on severe assumptions and stereotypes without any real facts. This point is already invalid due to the fact that it includes point #2 which I already reasoned was invalid.

So far, just about every girl I've met from the Internet has been mal-adjusted in some way or other. Either fat/ugly, personal trauma (abuse, neglect, etc), lack of self-confidence, lack of motivation, drug abuse, or some other "issue".
Wow so if you had bad experiences, EVERYONE must have bad experiences. The world revolves around you! :rolleyes:

Just like in "real life", if you look in the wrong places on the internet, you'll find the wrong women.

Not saying there's not the rare exception. But the fact that you're getting all haughty and trying to "school us" just shows us that you don't know WHAT the hell you're talking about and you're trying to convince YOURSELF as much as anyone else. :down:

By the way, how many women have you met on the Internet and dated?
I'm trying to fight ignorance here. You're a prime example.

I'm not fighting FOR the internet. I'm just saying to stop putting it down. It's just another tool to use.

For the record, I have met a couple girls from the internet. They were as good or better than most girls I met in "real life".

I have seen just as many messed up girls in "real life" (or even more) than I have seen on the internet by chatting, dating, etc.

Why are you so insulted that I'm saying to stop writing off the internet as a place for "losers". I don't understand why you're taking it personally like this. I am quite annoyed at the tone you used while directly addressing to me. So don't be surprised when my tone in my response is unfavourable or smarta$$ed.

P.S To clarify what I meant by the above:

Your response did not seem to be well thought out and factual. It seemed to be more centered around 'spiting' me than providing an actual argument against internet dating.

Last edited:

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally I don't like the online (I'll explain later), but I've pulled a few ONS off FTJ before I took off my acct, and online does have some benefits to it. Online dating can be either really easy or really hard.

Girls go online for 2 reasons. 1.) to have their egos fed by guys with no game, and 2.) to pick up a guy from the 99th percentile.

An online catalog for a girl is one big catalog of d!ck. They can log on into their account, do a search for their age group, find the guys they think are hot (and yes that's the first thing they'll look at, your photos), then proceed to read the profile and pick the guy who they're most compatible with.

I myself have never contacted *1* girl online, it's always them contacting me (which has made it a lot easier to hook up with them).

However, if you they're not chasing you and you're the one contacting them, you will have a harder time getting to open their legs.

Unlike in real life, where you can get bonus pts for having balls to approach a girl, contacting a girl online gets you no points in her book. If you meet a girl in the real world and she is half-attracted to you, you can still pull of a lay if she doesn't have a lot of options at the moment (and if you have a good personality / can push her buttons). If you meet a girl online and she doesn't think you're hot, she closes your link and keeps looking.

Like I said, it's a big catalogue of d!ck for them, so looks do matter. If you're out of shape, etc, I'd recommend going into the real world over online (well, first id recommend getting in shape).

But there is a price. All the girls I've met off the interweb have had serious f*cking problems. One was hooked on painkillers, another was suicidal, etc. And all of them were HBs. All of the HBs I'd met in other environments (clubs, streets, bus stops, campus, malls, etc) were 100x more normal then these internet girls. Plus, while you're f*cking them, they still have their catalogue, and are still pursuing other options. And if I bet money on the fact that they've all screwed more then 15 guys in their 20-25 years of life, I'd be a rich man.

It's a good place to find a ONS, but don't expect to find a decent girl. And be careful man, get tested, cause some of those online HBs have been passed around more often then a titty picture inside a prison.

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by skeeloo
besides attractive girls online are just attention *****s.. seeking validation. its like they post thier pics just for us guys to tell them how hot they are.
That's true....but my whole point is you find a lot of attention wh0res in "real life" who c0cktease you in public, and wear skimpy clothes just to get guys to tell them how hot they are in person.

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MindOverMatter
It's a good place to find a ONS, but don't expect to find a decent girl. And be careful man, get tested, cause some of those online HBs have been passed around more often then a titty picture inside a prison.
Again, like I said before:

Just like there are wrong places to meet women in "real life", there are wrong places to meet women on the internet.

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I myself have never contacted *1* girl online, it's always them contacting me (which has made it a lot easier to hook up with them).
Yeah not all of us have six packs and pictures to show them off :D

Unlike in real life, where you can get bonus pts for having balls to approach a girl, contacting a girl online gets you no points in her book. If you meet a girl in the real world and she is half-attracted to you, you can still pull of a lay if she doesn't have a lot of options at the moment (and if you have a good personality / can push her buttons). If you meet a girl online and she doesn't think you're hot, she closes your link and keeps looking.[/B]
I must admit this is the first true downside to internet dating expressed here that wasn't completely based on assumptions/stereotypes. It is true that "the approach" pre-premptive bonus points do not apply on the internet. Good point.