Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Shy girls. Worth trying to know?

BongDuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So im on the swim team and i noticed there was this new girl. Denise, i think was her name. on the first day we met, while she was on the lane next to me i attempted to talk to her.

Me: " hey, you're new aren't you?"
her: " yeah i just moved from minnesota"
Me: " so are you a freshmen?"
Her: " no, im actually a junior"

the convo didn't last long because one of the coaches interrupted and started talking to her about minnesota. so i just continued swimming.

Today i tried to spark up another convo and she seemed extremely shy. she didn't talk to any of the girls on the swim team, and even another guy tried to talk to her, she kinda just was in her own world. I tried anyways and this is kinda how it went

Me: " so what was your time?"
Her: " 44 seconds. what was yours?"
Me: " oh * laugh * mine was 40. you know when we began, i was thinking about how you were going to destroy me in the race."

she kinda smiled but at the same time, she was very timid. If anything, I am one of the only people who has really tried talking to her and knowing more about her. She doesn't laugh like most of the girls i talk to, and doesn't seem to smile much either. Thoughts on shy girls in general?

Swashbuckler

Don Juan
Reaction score
Seriously, she's shy and not worth your time. She showed one spark of attraction, but that could be me confusing niceness with attraction.

Just forget her for now. Don't OVERTHINK things jesus. I say this all the time. You don't go meeting guys and go "This dude is shy, but maybe I can get to be friends with him." Honestly, it looks creepy.

Just chill. Just say to yourself and mean it: "My life can't be impacted by other people" And when you truly mean that, your self confidence will go through the roof. Women will notice. Women will notice.

As for the shy girl, ask yourself, "Did she appease your needs?" Women/Men thing goes two ways. If didn't meet your needs for conversation skills, move on.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thoughts on shy girls in general?

I like them. I love turning the girl that no one notices into the girl everyone wants. That is just my thing I guess.

You have to understand that the self esteem of every young girl is in the toilet. All they can think about most of the time is how fat and unattractive they are...even the ones who are not at all. When you give them the right kind of attention and make them feel good about themselves, that turns you into an addictive drug that they can't go without.

Deniska

Don Juan
Reaction score
Keep talking to her, even if she is shy. She could be shy because she is new to the area and doesnt know anyone. Dont ignore her and keep talking to her.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good advice from Bible Belt. Girls are very insecure. Now a shy girl is very very insecure. Play to their weakness.

Reaction score
Shy GIRL??? LMAO my niccas! 99% of you keyboard DJ's are shy! That's why you sit at a computer all day and ask for Oprah Winfrey style advice on women who you FANTASIZE about in real life!!! LMAO! Damn you dudes are funny! Pass the Kleenex!!

Tha Realnezz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No,run.

Unless you have the patience of a sunday school teacher..run.

E

Energizer

Shy people eventually warm to people, just stick around if you want her. It's gonna be hard work though mate, so prepare to bang your head against a wall.

Hughman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
Thoughts on shy girls in general?

I like them. I love turning the girl that no one notices into the girl everyone wants. That is just my thing I guess.

You have to understand that the self esteem of every young girl is in the toilet. All they can think about most of the time is how fat and unattractive they are...even the ones who are not at all. When you give them the right kind of attention and make them feel good about themselves, that turns you into an addictive drug that they can't go without.
I'm looking forward to the day of when (if?) I could manage something like that. But I'm a natural 'listener' - I appear to be an introvert, but I simply just don't like talking that much unless I'm debating or teaching someone.

However, the nature of the Game demands I make myself extroverted, ask questions, respond, start and lead conversations.

I don't think Game will change me fully, so I'm going to need a woman who has a degree of extroversion and independence.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The secret with shy girls (or guys) is getting to know them. They take a little longer to loosen up, but if you take the time you could find a nice person underneath. A shy girl is less likely to go screw around on you.

E

Energizer

zekko said:
The secret with shy girls (or guys) is getting to know them. They take a little longer to loosen up, but if you take the time you could find a nice person underneath. A shy girl is less likely to go screw around on you.
Very true, but shy girls can be very hard work, and after a while it becomes tedious and you just gotta bail...

Igetit!

Reaction score
Energizer said:
Very true, but shy girls can be very hard work, and after a while it becomes tedious and you just gotta bail...
True,but I think it's just up to each individual person about how much time he wants to invest in a shy girl.

It's possible that she's not really shy at all,but just new to the environment.

You seemed to do a good job with her. If all she did was just answer your questions with one word answers,then I agree with Energizer.

That didn't seem to be the case here though. You asked her some questions and I think she asked one or two back.

That's good.

Just keep being open yourself around her and that will cause her to open up more towards you.