Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

SHUT DOWN the forum...

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Not shut it down completely, but disable ANY new posts or replies for like, a month or so.

There are too many people on the forums who are using them as their sole social outlet, rather than as a place to discuss meeting and attracting women. I'm a member on several forums and it seems like eventually they all start to attract members who are less interested in getting use out of the forums and more interested in using it as an exclusive social outlet, as an alternative to actually meeting people and engaging in social interaction.

This forum is especially attractive to these people, since those people who have trouble socially are also commonly the ones who have trouble talking to or hooking up with women. I think it cheapens the effectiveness of the forum to have these kinds of people not only asking the same questions over and over again, but giving advice to people based on nothing more than what they read on someone else's thread.

Signs that this is coming to pass on sosuave.net:

-Users caring less about attracting women then they do about their status among their peers at SoSuave...I myself am guilty of this and only realized recently how much it's been holding me back. Other members I talk to are also guilty of this.

-Users viewing sosuave.net as some kind of exclusive social community or secret sect and building their whole LIVES around "DJ rules" or "SoSuave principles", considering everyone outside of the environment to be "AFC", etc

-Users fighting with moderators over who is more fit to run the forum, over "civil rights", as if they LIVE on the forum and are ENTITLED to certain special treatment

So what I'm advocating is suspending ALL new posting/replying for an indefinite amount of time to "shake off" all of the forum-leeches. The content should still be available for reference, but this will prevent those people who are "posting just to post" from getting any satisfaction from the forum. These people will either A) leave or B) find another forum to leech off of. Those who are serious about learning to interact socially and sexually with women will remain. Perhaps even leave the Tips section open.

I'm not sure how this would affect SoSuave's marketing strategy...on one hand, losing volume to the forums may cause reduced advertising traffic. However, cleaning up the material on the forums may lead to some refreshing outlooks and bring in new people who can look at the forums and say, "This has some good material", rather than, "Oh look, it's another clique of Internet goons trying to act suave".

Something to mull over. I don't know how else to shed the dead weight on this forum...or maybe everything's been posted that needs to be posted anyway, so this is all the usefulness that the forum has left on this site. :confused:

Hot Ice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, and let's update the color theme at the same time ;)

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well any valuable member would still come back after the month, although geo and eternal will go crazy in that time as they have no way to show their authority:p

but do you seriously think that this will do anything other then make the odd newbie decide not to join.

this is not going to solve the problem (not that i see it as too much of a problem) as the same problem will re occur when you 'de-forst' sosuave.

i think part of the problem with sosuave is that newbies do post crap and most people are newbies that post because only the small minority of people actuly stay on sosuave, i would imagine of the 14,000 members only a copule of hundred are active.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by check_mate_kid_uk
well any valuable member would still come back after the month, although geo and eternal will go crazy in that time as they have no way to show their authority:p

but do you seriously think that this will do anything other then make the odd newbie decide not to join.

this is not going to solve the problem (not that i see it as too much of a problem) as the same problem will re occur when you 'de-forst' sosuave.

i think part of the problem with sosuave is that newbies do post crap and most people are newbies that post because only the small minority of people actuly stay on sosuave, i would imagine of the 14,000 members only a copule of hundred are active.
Depends on the interval...if you shut it down for long enough, the people who are on the forum just for social contact will find other forums. People who are REALLY interested in talking about meeting and attracting women will stay around.

jonny football hero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can see it working. Altough (sp), you'd have to keep H & F open. Those dudes in there are serious.

MVPlaya

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What happened to the SoSuave holidays. Back when I was still a SoSuave addict, there were days (generally holidays) where SoSuave was shut down completely for a day or two.

More! More!

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MVPlaya
What happened to the SoSuave holidays. Back when I was still a SoSuave addict, there were days (generally holidays) where SoSuave was shut down completely for a day or two.

More! More!
wow how did you sleep :p

Hot Ice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wow how did you sleep :p
I think the answer is "really well".

m4a1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by squirrels
Here's another sign:

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44515&perpage=20&pagenumber=2

People digging up and giving advice on posts a year old because they have nothing better to do.
I'm assuming the person who bumped the thread (Aztec) did a search for "xmas" and came up with that thread as a result, seeing that we're in the xmas season... ;) nothing wrong with using the search function, it's better than idiots who make a new thread for everything old, and the following replies didn't even realize it's an old topic, but as someone in the reply said, it's about the principle, not only helping the guy who asked for it.

C'mon man you got over 3000 posts and been here for over a year and a half, you admitted you were also guilty of this, so it's hypocritical to say things you're saying, you can always 'not visit', unless your desire is stronger than your will, if that's the case, you haven't learned much in life.

I have promised myself that I'd be off the forums before this Christmas and never come back again, and that's a fact.

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by squirrels
Here's another sign:

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44515&perpage=20&pagenumber=2

People digging up and giving advice on posts a year old because they have nothing better to do.
I don't mean to be rude, but:

1) You should mind your own buissines. Who cares if they do this or that? ... I don't.
2) I will quote myself from my thread "I LOVE Sosuave" :

If you get advice you don't like, dont take it. If someone offends you, tell them, don't offend them. If you see something you don't like, or maybe have seen before, stop looking.

... If you do take the advice, squirrels, and it turns out to be bad, say it, talk about it. And maybe, even stop taking advice from this person.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
geo and eternal will go crazy in that time as they have no way to show their authority
But I can still kick puppies, right? If I can still kick puppies I should be okay.

J-Man

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
you know what squirrels, i think youre absolutely right. this very thread MORE than proves your point.

sleeping on holidays? how ironic that such a random thing is brought up in a thread about how less focused this place is than it used to be. dont get me wrong, you guys crack me up, but thats not why i come (/came) here.

when people arent socializing, theyre flaming each other. look at the comment about the mods (it may or may not have been a joke, but there are many people who say those kinds of things ALL THE TIME, who ARENT kidding). and you know what, take a look at the mods themselves even. look at the post above me. im not flaming in any way, i have no problems with giovanni or any other mods. im not part of any mod war, and i actually find him pretty funny. but ill say it again, you can see the degradation of sosuave in this very thread.

after i gave myself a sosuave diploma and left this place, i decided to come by every once in a while and see how things were doing. but its gotten to the point where its just not like it used to be. i honestly feel that theres nothing else to gain by coming here. i guess ill just (re)read the bible more.

i, like squirrels, and many others im sure, have certain goals, and the forums dont seem to help me reach them anymore. i dont want to be so pessimistic and apocalyptic though. so i wont leave the forums just yet. the boards ARE redeemable. and i hope they are. its a shame to see such a beautiful thing go to waste.

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's very egoistical to think about shutting down the forum. You don't know the situation of other people, including people who just signed on today.

Do your thing, and continue growing as a DJ, so we here have better advice.

J-Man

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by SamePendo
It's very egoistical to think about shutting down the forum. You don't know the situation of other people, including people who just signed on today.

Do your thing, and continue growing as a DJ, so we here have better advice.
i think you may have failed to miss the point. the forums these days DONT help these people. in fact, they probably make things WORSE. i cannot tell you how much bad advice i listened to before i realized what was happening.

i just read a post 5 minutes ago with the basic message that went something like: "a true DJ always blocks out all emotions from his life, and is an evil, cold and calculating robot. after all, we dont know if other people really exist anyway."

squirrels' request is not about him, its about all of us.

hacx

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by SamePendo
I don't mean to be rude, but:

1) You should mind your own buissines. Who cares if they do this or that? ... I don't.
2) I will quote myself from my thread "I LOVE Sosuave" :

If you get advice you don't like, dont take it. If someone offends you, tell them, don't offend them. If you see something you don't like, or maybe have seen before, stop looking.

... If you do take the advice, squirrels, and it turns out to be bad, say it, talk about it. And maybe, even stop taking advice from this person.

i agreed.................

"squirrels" knowing everything could be boring.............

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by J-Man

squirrels' request is not about him, its about all of us.
That's why I think it's egoistical.