Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Shoulder inury = Cardio

search1ng

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, been awhile.

So i injured my shoulder doing some random lift.
Feels like a small hammer is smashing away at the shoulder/upper humerus whenever i do my bench presses, or anything else that involves that area moving.

Had a talk with my physio/Dr. friends (they work out at the same gym as me) and they told me to take 2 weeks off or it'd get chronic. (Apparently all lifters experience this and it's best to rest during it)

They suggested i just do some cardio to cut up during those 2 weeks. (In my cutting phase at the moment)

Anyway, since I've been forced to do cardio, how much is too much cardio?

I was cutting by reducing my caloric intake while still lifting heavy (Actually increasing my weights!) and it was working well... but now I've been forced to cut out the weights i wonder if my current cardio plan (for next 2 weeks):

Cycling (To and from uni, sh*tload of hills, a good couple Kilometres back and forth - literally KILLS my thighs)
Swimming x2 week (Laps, around 800-1000m ea. session)
Jogging x4 week (40 minutes)
sprints x4 week (100m dash about 3-4times)
skipping x4-5week (1000 rotations)

per week is too much? It's only for 2 weeks that i maintain this boatloat of cardio but i don't want to risk losing muscle mass all of a sudden (those precious muscles!). I'll be cutting/reducing the jogging/skipping once i hit the weights again.

Are my worries stupid and unfounded? (Was a pretty small guy to start off with, DO NOT want to return to that period)

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your body is far more qualified than we are to tell you how much cardio is too much.

You're not going to lose any muscle mass in two weeks unless you stop eating entirely.

Just do cardio and try to enjoy it.

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It depends on what your goals are and what cutting means to you.

At face value the plan looks like a mess but i can't really tell you for sure without knowing your height, weight, goals and seeing a pic.

mikeyb

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Agree with the above. Also make sure that you re-evaluate your diet adding calories as needed to compensate for the extra cardio.