Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

shoulder injury

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey y'all,
I armwrestled a guy for about two minutes straight (and neither of us ever won) last Saturday while drinking. The next day, I noticed that my shoulder was kinda sore and my elbow also.

On Monday, I went ahead to the gym anyway because the injury didn't seem that bad anymore. But I ended the workout about four sets early because my shoulder was getting really sore again (the elbow seems to be fixed, for the most part).

I haven't been back to the gym yet and I was thinking I should maybe hold off for a while.

What do you guys think?

Also, I've recently upgraded my lateral bar sets to 4 x 10 x 156 lbs. Previously, I was only doin 144 lbs. So the heavier weight might've been straining my shoulder a bit even before the armwrestling. I don't know.

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yea you didn't retract your shoulder blade..so there is a ton of opposing force opening up your shoulder unnaturally, thats also what happens when you don't retract your shoulder blades when benching.

It also happens if your pressing the bar to high on a flat bench press..it also happens when you do behind the neck presses, it also happens when you do behind the neck pull-ups, it also happens when you do behind the neck pull downs, it also happens when you do up right rows.

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks for the response. How do you think I can fix it?

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
umm, I'm sure it's bad to tear biceps, but I would like some advice on FIXING MY SHOULDER. I don't plan on armwrestling anymore; I've read some bad things about it on google since the incident

Eddie417

Don Juan
Reaction score
Do an internet search on rotator cuff injury. You'll find some answers there. Excercises, therapy suggestions etc.