Should women have to sign up for the military draft?

Lexington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
An often overlooked fact is that the right to vote came with the responsibility to take up arms for your country if demanded of you. This is one reason why women were not allowed to vote.

Now combat positions are being opened to women. Since all women have the equal opportunity to participate in combat, should they not have the responsibility to fight for their country?

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
Lexington said:
Now combat positions are being opened to women. Since all women have the equal opportunity to participate in combat, should they not have the responsibility to fight for their country?
The problem there is they never will have the opportunity to fight for their country in that particular role even when play acting those roles. Men by nature will protect them and put themselves before women always, that goes ten fold for the new PC driven military. This causes the machine to break down and creates extra deaths just to appease the leftoids fantasies of eqwaaaaality.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The draft doesn't work any more. We learned that from Vietnam. What they do now is just prey on the massive underclass in the US. Enlisting means a job and an education. Teenagers from poor families will keep enlisting, because it is the best opportunity they can get.

Down Low

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Registration of women would be just another puerile, empty-basketted trial balloon to see just how much idiocy the grown ups will endure in the name of equality. Unlike men, I'm sure that women who wanted to get out of military service would be assisted and encouraged to do so.

donking

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
get rid of the draft or make no exemptions. children of presidents, senators, congressmen go first.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't give a crap anymore. I recently saw several women go through basic training. Will they hack it through dive school with me and my buds in the future? Different story.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It doesn't really matter. People who want to get out of a draft will get out of a draft no matter what law is passed.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From what I hear, if women ever want to get out of military service they just turn up pregnant.

Nutz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes. Why is this even a question? In the event of a draft though, I firmly believe they should be required to take birth control, and if they pop up preggers they should be tossed in Leavenworth for failure to obey an order/and or an attempt to dodge service (pregnancy disqualifies them from deploying).

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I registered for the draft, but I would have moved to Canada or somewhere in Europe had the draft actually happened.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
pretty much what I would do here if in for some crazy stupid thing my country start or join a war and send me a request, I would first thing go to spanish consulate and become a spanish, here you have to enlist on 18 its not like us you enlist if you want, no way in hell wi would fight for any politician, for all I care anyone can bomb our congress here

MaddXMan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Women fought in the Red Army, hundreds of thousands of them. They were partisians, aviators, infantry, artillery, etc. They were known for being excellent snipers. This wasn't a culture that took to women in combat easily. But this was a total war situation, their country was being invaded by the Germans. Don't know what this proves but shows that women can and will take on combat roles....

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MaddXMan said:
Women fought in the Red Army, hundreds of thousands of them. They were partisians, aviators, infantry, artillery, etc. They were known for being excellent snipers. This wasn't a culture that took to women in combat easily. But this was a total war situation, their country was being invaded by the Germans. Don't know what this proves but shows that women can and will take on combat roles....
Here are some pics of such USSR partisan women getting hung.

http://www.charonboat.com/item/36

5string

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MatureDJ said:
I registered for the draft, but I would have moved to Canada or somewhere in Europe had the draft actually happened.
There was no "draft" when you were eighteen. It was abolished in the early 70's.

Down Low

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MaddXMan said:
Really an apples-and-oranges comparison with Modern Gurrrlz.

5string said:
There was no "draft" when you were eighteen. It was abolished in the early 70's.
Draft registration resumed in July 1980 for men born as early as January 1, 1960. A quarter of all men affected refused, and virtually none ever heeded the requirement to keep the Government informed of a change of address. Over the next few years, 23 men were prosecuted for failure to register. The Government stopped prosecuting and instead relied on a policy of forbidding college financial aid or Federal employment to nonregistrants.

Senzoi

Don Juan
Reaction score
Lexington said:
An often overlooked fact is that the right to vote came with the responsibility to take up arms for your country if demanded of you. This is one reason why women were not allowed to vote.

Answer: **** yes.

Equality does not equal benefits without responsibilities. You want the same work opportunities as men, then you'd better be willing to take the same responsibilities and pitfalls they harbor in being afforded those opportunities.

If you want to have your cake and eat it too, don't call it equality. Call it what it is - a benefits-only package.

Why should an interest group that has lower physical standards servicewide, regardless of the job, be given the opportunity to apply for positions that require a much higher physical fitness and load-bearing minimum?

I say this is a political cluster**** waiting to happen that will result in women being recognized as genetically predisposed against this type of work, OR an overall weakening of job standards in those fields so that a few star-level officers can push a few women through and gain some extra points with Washington. The second option has been the only consistent result of trying to include women in areas that were (sensibly so) limited to men.