Should I try this Facebook "approach"?

Infamous J

Don Juan
Reaction score
Long story short, I came across the profile of a chick I had a big thing for in high school (about 5 years ago). I haven't talked to her since, but am thinking about approaching her via internet simply because it's my only option.

Basically what I was going to do was message her saying something like

"Hey aren't you the girl I had a crush on in high school?" then based on her response follow it up with something along the lines of "You should give me your number so we can go out sometime".

I know digital approaches aren't ideal, but I haven't seen her around town at all and have no connection to her through any other people. So basically it's either this or leave it alone--I figure I've got nothing to lose.

What do the fellas think?

SinJester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Hey aren't you the girl I had a crush on in high school?"
I don't reccomend this as the opener. Might seem like you are gaming her. Did she know you had a crush on her?

Infamous J

Don Juan
Reaction score
SinJester said:
I don't reccomend this as the opener. Might seem like you are gaming her. Did she know you had a crush on her?
Nah she didn't. I'm not quite sure what I would open with since I didn't know her all that well. What do you think is a good opener?

Augie

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just add her to your friend list an in the message say Hi, if her page is open make a comment about her Movie interest or favorite sport team, it's a bit like seeing a girl in a bar, make mention you went to school together

SinJester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
'Heyy, I remember you from school. It's always nice to see old faces, we should catchtup sometime!"

Maybe from there use some information on her page to extend it a bit more. "Oh it seems like we have the same taste in music :D" Or something. You get the idea.

Just don't mention the crush thing straight away. Might offer a good oppurtunity to neg her later though. Think about it.

As long as you make it seem like your fun and you aren't trying to get anything from her I don't see why she would act negitively towards you.

The Deacon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If I want to meet up with someone on facebook, I just banter with them, add them as a friend, message them back and forth, and then say "hey, I'm goin ice skating with some friends friday night over at blah blah, it would be cool if you came." It usually works, and when you get her out, then you can work some game on her. Just don't come on too strong when you're online of all places. It's creepy.

The Inside Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IMO don't say anything about having a crush on her earlier. I did that once and it didn't work out so well when I was younger. Also I have hooked up with girls through facebook, but only after they wrote on my wall or messaged me. Just add her as a friend and make some small talk for a while, and try to progress to getting her number or hanging out.

zack77766

Don Juan
Reaction score
Infamous J said:
Long story short, I came across the profile of a chick I had a big thing for in high school (about 5 years ago). I haven't talked to her since, but am thinking about approaching her via internet simply because it's my only option.

Basically what I was going to do was message her saying something like

"Hey aren't you the girl I had a crush on in high school?" then based on her response follow it up with something along the lines of "You should give me your number so we can go out sometime".

I know digital approaches aren't ideal, but I haven't seen her around town at all and have no connection to her through any other people. So basically it's either this or leave it alone--I figure I've got nothing to lose.

What do the fellas think?
sounds cowardly. never ask a number via internet