Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Should I reapply for a corrections job. Prison!

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I just got a promotion at work. With two jobs working almost 60 hrs a week I barely get to 6 figures.

I applied to a Correctional Officer job but they pay way less but overtime is insane. Plus you get the standard great pension after 15-20 yrs, great insurance etc.

I turned down the corrections job because they took forever to get back to me ( 5 months). I regret it now.

Would you guys recommend corrections?

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What are you working so much for right now, saving up for something? Using it as penance or catharsis?

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hugh
What are you working so much for right now, saving up for something? Using it as penance or catharsis?
High cost of living city. Also I have a fiance now so I have to save. Mostly high cost of living coastal city. You need atleast 6 figures to really live ok. Even that is shaky.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you still living in Europe?
Yeah bro specifically still in Sweden, itll be at least a few years until i can realistically relocate. Planning to check out different European countries with my cousin when we both can and also want to visit my relatives in Gambia. But that depends on the job interview i have this friday. I had to take a break from my studies as i couldnt stand sitting still and staring into a screen to absorb information any more right now, it just makes me feel like im better off dead.

Which culture/country did you end up taking your woman from?

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Pandora

Bro, I'm not sure what rock you have been living under but law enforcement/corrections has a shortage right now, you can thank the George Floyd craziness a few years back for the mass resignations lol. Maybe about a year ago one of the gyms I go to the police department of my metro had a recruitment table set up in the lobby.

Not sure if this is something that would interest you, but the Border Patrol has a lot of bonuses available right now for just getting through the academy and more if you are willing to be stationed in select areas, most of which are typically very rural and/or dangerous.

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Pandora

Bro, I'm not sure what rock you have been living under but law enforcement/corrections has a shortage right now, you can thank the George Floyd craziness a few years back for the mass resignations lol. Maybe about a year ago one of the gyms I go to the police department of my metro had a recruitment table set up in the lobby.

Not sure if this is something that would interest you, but the Border Patrol has a lot of bonuses available right now for just getting through the academy and more if you are willing to be stationed in select areas, most of which are typically very rural and/or dangerous.
Thank you for the tip about Border Patrol. They might require me to speak Spanish or move out West. I will check it out.

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thank you for the tip about Border Patrol. They might require me to speak Spanish or move out West. I will check it out.
They don't require you to know Spanish before getting into the academy, but from what I understand you are immersed in it while there. It's probably the equivalent of taking 2 years of Spanish in college during your time in the academy, but with the added caveat of using this level of the language during your day to day routine.

Be warned though, it's definitely not an easy job and you can potentially be involved with some crazy stuff. I live in a border state, and also not that far from the border, and I never realized this until I moved here.

Like other law enforcement careers, they tend to have high workload demands and odd hours, rotating shifts, etc. However, pay is competitive and the benefits are very solid. I've heard a lot of people get burnt out from it though, so something to consider.

I also saw your age, pretty sure the age limit is 40 so I'd check this out sooner than later. The application process can take quite a while btw, like 6 months or more.

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
So I just got a promotion at work. With two jobs working almost 60 hrs a week I barely get to 6 figures.

I applied to a Correctional Officer job but they pay way less but overtime is insane. Plus you get the standard great pension after 15-20 yrs, great insurance etc.

I turned down the corrections job because they took forever to get back to me ( 5 months). I regret it now.

Would you guys recommend corrections?
Not unless getting stabbed through the jugular with a homemade shiv is the way you want to depart this veil of tears