Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Should I Quit PT?

Young OG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I pulled a bunch of muscles in my back at the beginning of February at the gym. I haven't worked out since then, have become thin again, and lost my gains. I have a fast metabolism and its hard for me to gain weight. I'm starting to become very angry and frustrated that I can't work out. I've lost 8 pounds of muscle. My confidence is down because of my appearance.

My doctor told me that I'm not getting better because the pulled muscles have turned into knots. He said my whole back is covered in knots and that's why I'm in pain still. He sent me to physical therapy. I had originally thought that it would be mostly massage therapy, but its not. Most of each session is spent doing stretches. They only use there hands on my back for around 10 mins.

I have been there 9 times now and I only feel slightly better. I really thought I would be a lot better by now. My insurance from my work isn't that great. I have to pay a $60 co pay every session and I'm sure I'll get some sort of bill in the mail eventually. I feel like I'm being taken to the cleaners by them. The stretches involve a ball, medicine ball, foam roller, and using the frame of a door. I could be doing these stretches on my own at the gym, where I'm paying $25 a month.

I feel that I would be better off just going to see a actual massage therapist who will try to remove the knots with a deep tissue massage and do the stretches at my gym. I think it will cost me less money and actually get the knots out. Do you guys think I should just go this route? I really don't want to give the PT place anymore of my money.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hell, they already showed you what stretches to do. The secret's out. I don't see what else you need to pay for. It would be different if you had a major surgery, broken bone, or joint replacement. Do the stretches and find a woman to give you the massage you need.

Young OG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hell, they already showed you what stretches to do. The secret's out. I don't see what else you need to pay for. It would be different if you had a major surgery, broken bone, or joint replacement. Do the stretches and find a woman to give you the massage you need.
I already took it upon myself to cancel the rest of my appointments. I've been going to the gym and doing the stretches instead. Unfortunately, I have no plates to massage my back right now. I need to get through this before I worry about pVssy.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm glad you are taking control of your own PT.

I think being a don juan is about a lot more than just getting pvssy. It's about being able to make women do what you want. It's a Jedi mind-fvck type of skill, but if you master it, then you will always be able to find a woman to do your bidding. Tell a girl that you are going to be crippled if you don't get a back rub, and you will get a back rub. Then *don't* fvck her, and her insecurities will take over, and she will come back and fvck your brains out.

Young OG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm glad you are taking control of your own PT
Thanks for the replies. I have been progressing fast on my own. My back barely hurts anymore. When I used to wake up in the morning, my back muscles would be so stiff and would hurt bad. Now, when I wake up I can barely feel anything in it. I'm almost back to normal. I'll be lifting again in no time.

SeymourCake

Banned
Reaction score
The stretches involve a ball, medicine ball, foam roller, and using the frame of a door. I could be doing these stretches on my own at the gym, where I'm paying $25 a month.

I feel that I would be better off just going to see a actual massage therapist who will try to remove the knots with a deep tissue massage and do the stretches at my gym. I think it will cost me less money and actually get the knots out. Do you guys think I should just go this route? I really don't want to give the PT place anymore of my money.
Better yet, you could buy these materials off of Amazon and do them at home. I recommend getting massages. Go on Yelp and look for a reliable, local massage therapist who has good reviews. A deep tissue massage would be suitable.

Just google physical therapy exercises and see what comes up. This is something I found in less than a minute in regards to a pulled muscle.

I also recommend letting your body relax in a hot tub for 20 minutes every day until it gets better. Hot therapy is good for muscles related injuries while cold therapy is good for injuries relating to skeletal/bones.

Young OG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Better yet, you could buy these materials off of Amazon and do them at home. I recommend getting massages. Go on Yelp and look for a reliable, local massage therapist who has good reviews. A deep tissue massage would be suitable.

Just google physical therapy exercises and see what comes up. This is something I found in less than a minute in regards to a pulled muscle.

I also recommend letting your body relax in a hot tub for 20 minutes every day until it gets better. Hot therapy is good for muscles related injuries while cold therapy is good for injuries relating to skeletal/bones.
I'm going to see a massage therapist this weekend. My back was improving but now its at a stand still. I just wish I didn't waste so much money on PT. I'm going to just use the materials at my gym. I'm already paying a membership there and it's 2 mins away. I'm going to stay away from the hot tub. I went in mine when I was first hurt and it made it worse. The heat caused more inflammation.

Young OG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm really worried and pissed off. I ended up getting a bad cold and I was coughing a lot. From all the coughing, it made my back start to hurt really bad. I'm experiencing pain like I was when I first hurt it months ago.

I went to the doctor and was given a antibiotic, codeine cough syrup, and steroids. The pain isn't as bad as it was before I went to the doctor. But, I'm really worried that it could now be even longer before I can lift again. I'm getting angry because I have been dealing with this injury almost this whole year so far. I just want to feel normal again and live my life.

Thorninmyside

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You might enjoy some relief from Thai massage. It's part tissue therapy and part manipulation with certain stretches they do. I've learned a few of their moves to help regular sciatic nerve problems.

Young OG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been continuing my stretches and exercises in the gym. My back only bothers me now when I first wake up and if I sit or bend in certain positions. I've started to hit my abs hard and they are coming back in. I should have wash board abs again in no time. Hopefully I can start working everything else soon.

I'm starting to feel happier again. This has been a rough year for me because of this injury. Thanks for the comments everyone.