Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Should I play it cool?

Travis T.

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok so last week I went out with this new chick. We had a good time, laughed a lot, lot of eye contact, and ended up the evening mackin a little in front of her house.

I called her that night to say goodnight or whatever, and she didn't pick up or call me back. Fine. So I send her an email the next day, she replies right away, and we send a couple funny type emails to each other.

Then Friday during the day I call her, she doesn't pick up, and hasn't returned my call yet (Tuesday now). Instead she did send me an email on Friday afternoon saying she was going out of the city, and she asked me if I had any more hot dates for the weekend.

I told her no, but if she was in town maybe we could hook one up. lol

Sooo.... is this girl just more comfortable talking via emails, or does she not want me to call her? Should I pursue her via email, or should I just cut her off for a while till shes like "what happened?"

b's nuts

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
brutha, you fvcked up. First of all, you called her back on the first night. Big no no. If you don't call her, or talk to her, her imagination and thinking of you will build the attraction, but you ruined that with constantly calling and mailing her. No. Ok, here is the thing, she has your number right? Ok, so she will call you, if she is interested. There is this thing, that is the basis for the discussion on this board. It is called the dj bible, there is a link up in the corner there, ya see it? Yeah, read that and you won't have to ask these kinds of questions, you will know what to do and what not to do. Oh, your that metrosexual right? Did she call you gay?

Tkman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Travis T.
I called her that night to say goodnight or whatever, and she didn't pick up or call me back.
Strike 1 - I dont think that was a good idea !!!

Fine. So I send her an email the next day
Strike 2 - You need to calm down ... your giving her to much attention.

she asked me if I had any more hot dates for the weekend.I told her no, but if she was in town maybe we could hook one up. lol
Strike 3 - Why did you say no :confused: **** that

You should have said, "Yes and she reminds me of Pamela Anderson" ... you would be suprised how she would respond back !!!:D

jdr120

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Travis,

Seems as though you two did have a good time. I think your first mistake was calling her that night. Didn't you already say good night when you dropped her off? I would have waited until sunday or monday to call. That way you can discuss how the rest of your exciting weekend went (and if it wasn't that exciting, a little imbelishing never hurt!). Same idea with the email the next day. It is good that you did not loose your cool and send her a nasty email, or anything like that. About her asking you if you have any hot dates that weekend, I would have replied with some sort of wise ass remark... Did you meet this girl on the net? She might be one of those types that goes on one date, then moves on to the next net victim (All for her own ego!). I would stop sending her emails, and if she does send you an email, wait a few days to reply. Other than that I would leave that one alone and find another girl.

Travis T.

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah she might be one of those internet girls. I met her at a bar on halloween, and got her digits that night. She was acting totally interested in me though, she was even ignoring her girlfriend just to talk with me. She seemed a little suspicious of that cause when we went out the next time she was asking me if I do that a lot, cause she said I was too smooth. whatever.

Anyway here is what I'm thinkin. A. she might just be flakey or have something going on that is letting her **** with me a little.

B. She does want to talk with me, but she wants to get to know me through IMing a little.

I don't like IMing that much, but I'm willing to do it if it is the in I need.

But most of you are saying I should play it cool, back up and let her come to me a little. I'm fine with that, but part of me also says just go for it and keep trying to nail down a second date.... I really have nothing to loose cause I would much rather take the chance of getting dissed than not taking a chance at all and let a good opportunity slide by...

jdr120

Don Juan
Reaction score
Travis,

I understand your persistance towards her. But you say you don't like to IM alot... Have you told her that? If you have, then why should you be expected to change who you are for her.. She did give you her phone # first, then she is downgrading you from phone to IM... By chasing her, you will drive her away. Besides she gave you her digits because she thought you were smooth, so why not stay smooth....

Travis T.

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think I lost my game. On halloween me and my buddy just went out to get plastered, and I wasn't even looking to talk to chicks that night. That must have given me the edge cause I wasn't desperately trying to get her # or whatever, I was just being myself.

When I called her the next day I was just trying to be myself again and be cool, just a quick whats up. But I think from that point I started looking desperate. There is a fine line between being aggressive and looking desperate.

I think it is time to play it cool.

JohnJones

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree.

Sometimes when a girl is too interested (or bored or whatever) and starts calling me all the time, it irritates me (mostly because if I like her at all and think that I might be interested in doing something at some point in the future, I think that if she asks me out too much now and I say no, eventually she'll just go away).

Selfish, I know.