Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Should I just become a bad person?

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am at a crossroads. I’ve always meant well for others even if I have wronged them. But certain events have lead me to believe that being more selfish to a near criminal level is the way to go. Maybe I’m asking this because I wish someone to reach to me lol. But overall I’m wondering why I should be a good person anymore. I feel exhausted and a little dead inside. No it wasn’t a girl. It was probably just me and my thoughts that I could be better than I am or was meant to be. I think I’m done. But I want to hear what you guys have to say anyway. Is it worth it to be a good person at all nowadays?

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WHEN YOU STOP CARING........RESULTS COME
Yet you hear teachers telling students to apply themselves. You hear coaches yelling at their athletes to work harder. And you have people waking up early and going to sleep late for their jobs. Did all that just come through not giving a ****? I think not.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ultimately it boils down to whether you believe in existence outside of corporeality.

Read this link. The simplest matter beyond the quark is energy which manifests differently and into matter in accordance with the observer's thoughts, which are also energy.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/1998/02/980227055013.htm

Read the following link:

https://www.nderf.org/Experiences/NDERF_NDEs.html

Thousands of written testimonies describing that their energy has consciousness outside the physical form.

Your thoughts could have an effect upon energy (that can have an effect upon you) that you are not even aware of. Is this a gamble you really wish to take?

Serenity

Reaction score
Some people think that being nice means actively doing good for others, but that's actually being too nice. If you overextend yourself you'll end up exhausted and feeling dead inside, as you have discovered. Many people who end up in that place begin to wonder if they should go to the other extreme. People have been fvcking murdered because some guy was too nice, became bitter and tried compensating by doing great evil. Don't be that guy, becoming bad will not serve you.

Don't put yourself on a level of niceness where you deplete yourself. Go for the minimum instead of flipping over to the other side. The minimum is to not intentionally be an a$$hole, it doesn't take any extra "doing", just a little more of "not doing".

By thinking you could be better than you are you're seeing yourself as inferior, as "never good enough". Of course that is extremely exhausting, you're putting too much weight on your shoulders and dream of more. You can never be relieved in any moment, if you in every moment compare yourself to a future ideal and look down on yourself for not being it.

Just quit being so damn nice, but that doesn't imply that you must be the opposite. In between black and white there's a grayscale...

Last edited by a moderator:

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
good as in skilled...yes
good as in 'push over' or 'softy'...no

neutrality throws people off...that's why IDGAF works.

Billtx49

Reaction score
I am at a crossroads. I’ve always meant well for others even if I have wronged them. But certain events have lead me to believe that being more selfish to a near criminal level is the way to go. Maybe I’m asking this because I wish someone to reach to me lol. But overall I’m wondering why I should be a good person anymore. I feel exhausted and a little dead inside. No it wasn’t a girl. It was probably just me and my thoughts that I could be better than I am or was meant to be. I think I’m done. But I want to hear what you guys have to say anyway. Is it worth it to be a good person at all nowadays?
Been there before, did some very bad things in my earlier years that I regret doing now. Have been on both sides, and believe me, being a good honest decent person with courage and stature is the way to direct your life.
Have no regrets about your past…

Last edited:

ChristopherColumbus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your punishment is to read 'Crime and Punishment'.

Red Legg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The United States Navy Seals have a saying..."If you ain't cheating,you ain't trying". Cheating is basically the act of skirting with limits and going past them.(so you don't have to be so damn honest to get ahead in life) But being a bad guy like Ted Bundy,Adolf Hitler,Devin Kelley...is not the way to go,it ended very badly for those fellas.

Last edited:

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You arent good for others you are good for yourself.

Karma is real and you end up reaping what you sow eventually

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Great question. I’m sure we’ve all thought this at one time or another.

From my perspective, I don’t think it’s a good idea to be a “sellout” and become what you don’t like about others.

For example, two weeks ago, a coworker invited me to go a concert tomorrow night. I accepted. Today, he backs out. No reason given. Just “I’m probably not going.” Total dyck move and disrespect of my time, right?

In general, I keep my word when I make plans with people. NOW, I’m doubly committed to that principle. I absolutely do NOT want to become the flake that I hate.

See my point?

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Calculating "moral" decisions are no different than calculating eating decisions.

Morality is instinctive just like desire for sex and food.

Ignoring your instincts on moral grounds to achieve a desired outcome is not any different than consciously choosing different foods to get a specific result.

Following your morals blindly is just like eating what tastes good.

Don't overtly deceive or defraud anybody, but if a voice is telling you not to do something (or to do something) just because it's the "right" thing to do, don't obey it mindlessly. Ask if the behavior (or lack thereof) will likely create a desired outcome, and be ready to accept any negative repercussions.

But don't blatantly "evil" and expect it to work.

All outcomes requires certain behavior to achieve it.

All's fair in love and war, as they say. Don't be constrained by your ancient instinctive morals that still think you're living in a tribe of a few hundred people.

ChristopherColumbus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ethics is not what about what is, but about what ought to be. Animals do not sit around asking what ought to be.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m thinking more on terms of religion. A lot of the best of the best have broken the rules or done ****ty things to get to the top to be the stongest, richest, etc. Guru, you know this yourself. People say what goes around comes around and I understand that concept. But shouldn’t it also mean that what you put into life is what you get out of it too? I’ve put in so much work into certain aspects of my life, so my effort and strain, I have worked so hard. I almost never see anyone working as hard as I have, and when they do it is only on a very rare occasion. I’ve bled for this so much that I’ve got no blood left to give. Now my mind is deteriorating and my body weakening. How can someone claim all that yet there are those like me who are failing? I hate to bring god into this but that’s a last resort that I have to keep my sanity, and I hate praying to something or someone when I know I can fix a situation myself. But this is beyond my control. Life did NOT come back around for me. It seems that I’ve just been forgotten and left behind. I hate venting this crap. Why should I? I keep searching for an answer that I know I won’t find but I do so anyway because of some remnants of weakness left inside of me. What’s happened? Well I guess I know the answer to that one; life.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m thinking more on terms of religion. A lot of the best of the best have broken the rules or done ****ty things to get to the top to be the stongest, richest, etc. Guru, you know this yourself. People say what goes around comes around and I understand that concept. But shouldn’t it also mean that what you put into life is what you get out of it too? I’ve put in so much work into certain aspects of my life, so my effort and strain, I have worked so hard. I almost never see anyone working as hard as I have, and when they do it is only on a very rare occasion. I’ve bled for this so much that I’ve got no blood left to give. Now my mind is deteriorating and my body weakening. How can someone claim all that yet there are those like me who are failing? I hate to bring god into this but that’s a last resort that I have to keep my sanity, and I hate praying to something or someone when I know I can fix a situation myself. But this is beyond my control. Life did NOT come back around for me. It seems that I’ve just been forgotten and left behind. I hate venting this crap. Why should I? I keep searching for an answer that I know I won’t find but I do so anyway because of some remnants of weakness left inside of me. What’s happened? Well I guess I know the answer to that one; life.
I think you're making progress...First is recognizing there is no hope in yourself.

We were made to rely on something bigger and greater than ourselves.

It all starts here...

ChristopherColumbus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think somewhere along the line we managed to cut the tie that unites the polarities of our existence. What was once natural to us, now has to come at the end of a long process of examination and experimentation.

The inner polarity is ethical, and yet that points beyond itself until it unites with the outer polarity which is religious. I think that tie was the telos, which was lost in our obsession with Nature.

RedScorpion

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
For myself, morality and moral actions is (simply put) things that promote the health and well-being of society. And of course, there are many interpretives towards what contributes to that as well.

I generally strive to be good, because it makes me feel good, if I'm honest. I want to contribute to the overall happiness and welfare of society, and I feel more self-respect and discipline in acting a certain way, versus ways I could act. Say, being tactful and respectful at the store or talking with someone, versus rude and abrupt. Overall though... it is for myself in some respect. And I think that's fine. I know I would not respect myself as much, if I treated someone in a way that was unjustified.

There's a lot of depth to morality, but you can boil it down to many singular themes. What is morality to you? Why do we have morals, and why is it important? Is it important? What if I chose to have no morals? Etc.

One thought experiment I did is to go back to before government and law, and back to the beginnings of civilization. And how certain general moralistic ideas played out, if no laws were even invented, only held to the expectations of the people around you. And go from there. That's where I think a true sense of morality can found, or at least started there.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Should I just become a bad person?

We're probably all bad people already, which makes the question moot.
Right.
Everyone thinks they are good.
Even bad people think they are good.
I mean, look at Hitler.

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You hear coaches yelling at their athletes to work harder
your totally contradicting yourself, we are on about HOW OTHERS TREAT YOU they treat you this way cause your a busy fool...training all day to become the heavyweight champion of the world is totally different ofcourse you should care about yaself