Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Should I join a Fraternity/Frat life [Official thread]

Drewskie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Makes perfect sense man. I know a guy who says he's in the biggest frat down at SDSU, a huge party school. He doesn't get laid very often though, so I guess it just depends on each individual too. I never lived on campus so didn't have the chance to even join one, sometimes I regret it.

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not in a frat, but hang out with lots of frat guys and frat parties via the roommates. Lately I've been wishing I had the time to join or had gotten in one when I first came to college mainly because it's a great resume builder.

Most frats do a lot of community service and even school service and require brothers to do so.

They offer lots of leadership positions to occupy and put on a resume.

That's all aside from the social aspect, which can be great depending on who you are, but don't join a frat for those reasons alone. I can get the frat experience anytime and even DJ (disk jockey) some of the frats dances. without paying the expensive dues and time commitment.

TheDoctor

Don Juan
Reaction score
Gentlemen........Fraternity not frat.

Would you call your country a cvnt?

It is proven that fraternities produce better men; academically, socially rounded individuals with focus and purpose. Look into it, meet some of the guys and join. Chose a well respected fraternity as was mentioned earlier but do note that Fraternity XXX may be cool on one campus and total douche-bags on your campus. Get to know the guys before pledging.

Brighty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To join a frat or to not join a frat?

What do you guys think? I don't really seem to have problems making friends and meeting people, and the stereotype that I have of frat guys are the buff guys who say "dude" a lot and chug beers and I feel like I'm sort of above that. Plus the whole money thing is an issue as well, since money is kind of tight. I like to party and the social networking would be awesome, especially for meeting hot girls. What are you guys' experiences on joining/not joining frats and how do you think that impacted your college life?

omgwtfm8

Don Juan
Reaction score
Brighty said:
What do you guys think? I don't really seem to have problems making friends and meeting people, and the stereotype that I have of frat guys are the buff guys who say "dude" a lot and chug beers and I feel like I'm sort of above that. Plus the whole money thing is an issue as well, since money is kind of tight. I dunno, what are you guys' experiences on joining/not joining frats and how do you think that impacted your college life?
What school is it?

Exhumed

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm wondering the same thing, I'm a freshman at Penn State...there's a fraternity where the brothers haven't been douche-y, aren't all athletic alpha male types, and they throw fun parties even during summer, so I'm considering pledging there...

Brighty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Exhumed said:
I'm wondering the same thing, I'm a freshman at Penn State...there's a fraternity where the brothers haven't been douche-y, aren't all athletic alpha male types, and they throw fun parties even during summer, so I'm considering pledging there...

:crackup: We hosted you guys Saturday night here, your volleyball players look like men, but I'll be damned if they weren't unstoppable

Exhumed

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Indeed they do, female volleyball players tend to look like men in general...tennis and gymnastics are the sports cute girls play.

Anyways if I join a frat this one looks pretty good...they throw lots of parties and I won't have a ton of competition for the girls there...plus I'm sort of a music snob and I'm impressed with their selection of party music, I haven't heard "Stanky Leg" or "Best I Ever Had" or anything like that there yet.

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You get to meet people, grow your social circle and meet girls, all these 3 things the easy way! why wouldn't you join one if you had the chance?

The only reason you shouldn't join a frat is if you are a horrible student/degenerate procrastinator. I can definitely see joining a frat making those 2 problems worse.

teagan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Join man. From personal experience, it is a great choice. And do not let the stereotypes get to you, a lot of guys aren't dumb jocks who say 'brah' a lot. Plus, it makes meeting good looking girls real, real easy. Almost a joke especially if your fraternity is well known on campus.

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of frat guys are just posers trying to look like the hard guys on campus. If money isn't a problem then I say go for it, it's a great way to meet women. I know quite a few people in my area that are in frats, and one of the greatest benefits is that they have a little sister program where women who want to join the frat as little sisters get a big brother that is already in the frat.

Unbridled_Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was in a frat and I made tons of friends, got laid like a rock star, and had an effin blast! I encourage it 100%. You have to qualify the frat though, you don't want to join a douchefest. Party and get to know the guys for a long time before you talk about pledging.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just got back from a huge frat party. The organizers wanted all the guys who are considering rushing to arrive between 8-8:30. While everybody else would arrive around 9:30-10.

They thought about passing out bids to the guys who arrived early but then they realized/remembered they can't have alcohol during recruiting events. So that would have to be taken care of later.

So the first hour or so was just a bunch of dudes and some of the "bros" talking about the frat. More and more people arrived around 9:30 and the party started to get going.

The quality of the girls there was amazing. For some reason they were all dressed up really nice. I talked to a couple of chicks nothing serious. One of them thought I looked older. I asked her how old and she said 23 :p

I was there from 8 till 10. It's lame leaving right when the party was getting started but after two hours of drinking and standing around I've had enough. I didn't know anybody there and it wasn't really possible to talk to people. Pluse I've already gotten the necessary info. Also at this point I don't have any game and there was no way I was going to hook up with a chick. So at 2 hours I was bored, maybe had a little too much to drink and I was out of my element since it actually was the first college party I've been to. If I had arrived at 9:30 I would have probably stayed longer. I might of had more fun from 10-12 then 8-10.

For now I got a good preview of the frat. I'll see how next week goes.

DamHE

Don Juan
Reaction score
Maxtro said:
I just got back from a huge frat party. The organizers wanted all the guys who are considering rushing to arrive between 8-8:30. While everybody else would arrive around 9:30-10.

They thought about passing out bids to the guys who arrived early but then they realized/remembered they can't have alcohol during recruiting events. So that would have to be taken care of later.

So the first hour or so was just a bunch of dudes and some of the "bros" talking about the frat. More and more people arrived around 9:30 and the party started to get going.

The quality of the girls there was amazing. For some reason they were all dressed up really nice. I talked to a couple of chicks nothing serious. One of them thought I looked older. I asked her how old and she said 23 :p

I was there from 8 till 10. It's lame leaving right when the party was getting started but after two hours of drinking and standing around I've had enough. I didn't know anybody there and it wasn't really possible to talk to people. Pluse I've already gotten the necessary info. Also at this point I don't have any game and there was no way I was going to hook up with a chick. So at 2 hours I was bored, maybe had a little too much to drink and I was out of my element since it actually was the first college party I've been to. If I had arrived at 9:30 I would have probably stayed longer. I might of had more fun from 10-12 then 8-10.

So, did you make up your mind?

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maxtro said:

You're going on 30 years old and thinking of joining a frat?? :eek:

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Brighty said:
What do you guys think? I don't really seem to have problems making friends and meeting people, and the stereotype that I have of frat guys are the buff guys who say "dude" a lot and chug beers and I feel like I'm sort of above that. Plus the whole money thing is an issue as well, since money is kind of tight. I like to party and the social networking would be awesome, especially for meeting hot girls. What are you guys' experiences on joining/not joining frats and how do you think that impacted your college life?
If your only reason for joining a frat is to meet hot girls, keep in mind that most guys with hot girlfriends did not need a frat to get them. Sounds like you'd be using the frat as a crutch, rather than developing your own game. Put it this way, if you were already getting laid, would you still be wanting to join a frat?

Da Realist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't call being a frat a waste of time, but it seems like you could do the same stuff without joining one. You could volunteer one your own, keep your grades up, find parties, make friends, and meet good looking women from off campus. It's just joining a frat gives you the whole thing without you having to do it all on your own. It can open doors to new things good or bad, but it's all in what you make of it.