Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

should i gain weight or lose weight?

sfeclipse

Don Juan
Reaction score
hey all...this is my 1st post...i'm really confused and i'm hoping someone can help me out here.

basically it comes down to me choosing either diesel's bulking diet or the cutting diet...and i can't decide which one to go with.

stats...(been workin out for about a yr now)

15% bf...180lbs...6'2...

kinda thin legs and arms...arms not so thin...been workin out from 1 yr so not as bad ;) but couldn't care less for the love handles and the 34' waist.

i'm not "skinny fat" but because i'm tall, it makes me look thin so i kinda sorta fall there...i hope i'm makin sense.

my dilema is whether i should continue on my 3000 cals with 4 day routine and 2 day HIIT routine or if i should use diesels cutting diet and drop the bf to 10% and then continue with the 3000 cals with 4 day routine and 2 day HIIT plan...

what do y'all reckon?

thanks!

waldo

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd do the cutting. Lose all the fat whilst holding on to most of the muscle, then slowly build the muscle on top of your new ripped body.

If you bulk then sure you'll get more muscle, but eventually you'll want to look ripped and get a low body fat %. If you bulk too much then the waistline inevitably suffers.

madgame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
15 percent bodyfat sounds pretty much ok to me and after gaining some muscle itll even be easier for you to cut down. However the bulking part is gonna take a few years anyways i guess, but the cutting part will only take you about 2 months and youre likely to put on a little more fat during the time that youre gonna be bulking (you will probably still look more ripped/muscular/whateva if u gain lots of muscle and just a little fat though)...so if you're unsure Id go for the cutting part.

stormwriter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, you sound just like me. When i started lifting about 7 months ago, i didn't know about bulking and cutting. I was basically bulking. I started at about 190, 6'4, and probably 17% bodyfat. I bulked up a bit, but then i changed course cause i realize all chicks like abs, and mine, including other muscles, didn't look defined cause they were under a layer of fat.
So, i started cutting, but still lifted as hard as i could. It was tough, but my bodyfat is down a couple percentage points, and my arms, albeit smaller than a few months ago, are more cut looking. It looks kind of cool, and even though i don't look like i lift much in clothes, hopefully this summer when people see me, they'll see that i'm tone with low bodyfat.

What does suck is my shoulders and neck aren't as big anymore. Skinny dudes need to do shoulder shrugs for the neck area, and exercises for delts to look wider. Also, without a shirt on, lats can make you look wider, with that killer V shape.

So, i say you lower that bodyfat to about 10-ish%, then maintain it while you get bigger muscles.
And don't forget your squats!!! Do 'em!!!