Should I drop out of the talent show?

Viper

Banned
Reaction score
Well, I signed up for the talent show, but now I'm thinking of dropping out of it, because I don't have a band. While I could always do something solo, I don't know any songs that are good with solo guitars and it would probably be boring anyway. The positives of staying in this thing, is that even if I do something solo, that will still show a lot of people my skill on the guitar. The negative thing, is that I don't know any interesting songs that can be played with one guitar, that don't require singing(I can't sing for sh*t). Another thing is, is that the talent show tryouts are tommorow and I probably wouldn't have enough time to find a good song and practice it. So do you guys think I should drop out of this thing, or just do it solo?

twotyme

Don Juan
Reaction score
jus get a drummer and improvise or something like Steve Vai's "Bad Horsie"

S1NN3R

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Or play a medley of classical tunes re-worked for the guitar. I have a version of Fur Elise in acoustic guitar that sounds frickin tits.

ethnomethodologist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you've got skillz on the guitar when your solo, grab your balls and do the EXACT same thing on stage.

iCandy

Don Juan
Reaction score
hey man,

when i was in grade 10 i went to my school's talent show as a beatboxer.

Even though I sucked horribly (people were laughing and ****) i still got tons of props and my social proof went through the roof.

Then the year after i joined again but this time my skills were a lot better... so once again my social proof went up.

JUST DO IT MAN. even if you think it's gonna suck.. plus this is a once in a lifetime experience!

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1st of all...stop asking us what you should do all the fvckin time and make a decision like a goddamn man. 2nd, if you're willing to play guitar in front of people you're obviously good enough to improve or play a song that takes mad skill...get some fvckin balls.

Viper

Banned
Reaction score
Well, I've decided that I am going to actually do this, even if I just play solo. Thing is, the talent show auditions are tommorow and I don't know any good songs that can be played solo on guitar, without singing.

DJ_Trainee_10

Don Juan
Reaction score
johnny be good? Everyone would enjoy nevertheless. There not much singing except saying "GO, JOHNNY, and GO."

habdragon08

Don Juan
Reaction score
I entered my talent show and danced in my underwear like tom cruise in risky business

everyone loved it

immrtlwun

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
find something from jimi hendrix. if you can paly those solos people would give you all kinds of compliments.

max_dawg

Reaction score
try Little Wing its a great solo guitar song and ppl will be amazed

Viper

Banned
Reaction score
Well for the talent show I'm basically going to do what you guys have suggested, since I really don't know else to do. There's a good chance I'm not going to make the talent show, since the tryouts are tommorow and I only have tonight to practice, but hey, I'll try.

Mctwist4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If your going to play a solo then you should have a rhythm guitarist. If you can't get another guitarist then I suggest something classical.

Viper

Banned
Reaction score
Mctwist4 said:
If your going to play a solo then you should have a rhythm guitarist. If you can't get another guitarist then I suggest something classical.
Anything in particular?

Mctwist4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fur Elise is pretty badass, because everyone knows it, but no one would expect it.