Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Should a Don Juan avoid Marijuanna?

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A Don Juan should do what he wants as long as it doesn't negatively impact his life or others, and stop asking, "Should a Don Juan do (blank)?"

Jesus...

Smoke weed. Drink. Do what you want. Just be a man and don't let these things control your life.

eaglez1177

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sherlock-Holmes said:
Fvucking moron. Don juan or not Don Juan no one should any point of time consume such junk. Think about your future kiddo. Why the fvck are u even thinking about it?
Lol just get off this thread man cuz you clearly have no clue wtf your talking about.

Ive smoked on and off since I was 16 and I think it all depends on the person and the situation. Sometimes when I smoke, my game with girls is just absolutely horrible. Idk why but it just is. Other times when I smoke, I do pretty good with the chicks.

One thing I can say though is that having sex while your high feels fvcking amazingg.

Jet

Don Juan
Reaction score
Whatever you decide, take into account the fact that a common adverse effect from weed is man boobs. Look it up.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jet said:
Whatever you decide, take into account the fact that a common adverse effect from weed is man boobs. Look it up.

That's really not true at all. It's all far-fetched theory based upon a small measurable decrease in testosterone that occurs while smoking. Also, marijuana used to be the most widely used medicine in the world. It was a common treatment for asthma, because the smoke is a bronchial dilator.

The only way to know the adverse effects of pot are to look at populations of people who have smoked it all their lives. It is very common in the Caribbean, especially Jamaica and Belize. There are plenty of old men there who have pretty much smoked constantly for their entire life. They may not be the most motivated people in the world, but they don't have lung cancer, asthma, or man-t!ts.

2crudedudes

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
San Jose California said:
A treatment for asthma? In my intro to psych book, it says that asthma and long term memory loss are long term effects of weed. Which I believe because the stuff makes you breathe different.

I'm only posting cuz that is messed up making people believe the stuff helps asthma when in reality it makes it worse. I just believe a psych book that college students use over a guy on a forum, nothing personal.
Why would a psych book have info about lungs and asthma?

Jet

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
That's really not true at all. It's all far-fetched theory based upon a small measurable decrease in testosterone that occurs while smoking. Also, marijuana used to be the most widely used medicine in the world. It was a common treatment for asthma, because the smoke is a bronchial dilator.

The only way to know the adverse effects of pot are to look at populations of people who have smoked it all their lives. It is very common in the Caribbean, especially Jamaica and Belize. There are plenty of old men there who have pretty much smoked constantly for their entire life. They may not be the most motivated people in the world, but they don't have lung cancer, asthma, or man-t!ts.
No, it's not a theory, and I said you could look it up as I figured there would be someone in denial about it.
And a treatment for asthma? You gotta be kidding me. I used to have asthma and I've had to study asthma in school. Smoke (cigarette, wood, or otherwise) is the number one trigger for acute asthma attacks. Not to mention that ANY kinda of inhaled smoke is a carcinogen/teratogen.
To avoid that hazard you can use a vaporizer, but I doubt those historical populations you mentioned had that advantage...

The Mad Ghost

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to smoke but found it was making me despressed and my heart rate would sore, which made me get anxiety attacks, effed up my whole game. So I stopped. I only like homegrown weed, not chemical buds.

Whats some good buds out there?

eaglez1177

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jet said:
HAHAH wow. I actually laughed at this. Scary at some of the things people will believe off the internet.

Korrupt

Banned
Reaction score
My friend smokes weed all the time. We went out last Saturday and met some people, he acted insecure and awkward as sh!t until he got a few drinks in him and there was only one other guy he didn't know talking to us. He's insecure without weed, but I think him smoking the sh!t all the time has made him even more so socially awkward.

HalfAddict

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oklahoma where the wind comes sweeping down the pl
2crudedudes said:
Its an awesome idea, and I hope it does pass. However, because Federal law trumps state law, and it will no doubt be new law would be appealed for a while, we're a long ways to go from actual legalization.

If you're at all interested in consumption, I'd still recommend voting to legalize in November, because although it won't be as groundbreaking initially as we may think, it will set a new high in the progress to do so.

Federal Law DOES NOT TRUMP STATE LAW.

This is why medicinal marijuana is legal in certain states and still outlawed federally...

The feds had been busting people who owned a dispensary for the longest time... till the state threw a fit.

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A DJ should avoid whatever vice can interfere with real life. I have found that alcohol just as much as MJ can do just that with the undisciplined person. MJ specifically seems to kill any sense of urgency, and people who do it frequently don't keep deadlines all that well. Things get put off.

I don't smoke, nor do I have issues w/ people who do. I am just saying some are equipped to handle it better than others.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here are a few links about mj as a treatment for asthma. Believe what you want, but I would encourage you not to accept college textbooks as much of an authority on anything. Sometimes they make reference to a real authority like a professional journal article or published study, but the much of any textbook's content is motivated by the publisher's profits. Books have to be politically correct, not offend anyone, and not question the law or government. Often the Feds actually pay media publishers to include the anti-drug propaganda in the content of the book. They do this with TV shows, too, if sitcom writers create an episode where little Johnny learns that drugs are bad, m'kay?, then they get money from the Feds.

http://www.druglibrary.org/Schaffer/hemp/medical/tashkin/tashkin1.htm
http://www.showmethefacts.org/medical-marijuana-facts/asthma/
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061025201839AAsuN48

HalfAddict said:
It didn't until the Civil War. Now it does. States' rights today is an academic concept only. States only have rights when the Federal government approves. Otherwise, the "United" States would be a voluntary association, a confederacy, which was what the south was fighting for. We like to think that the war was fought over slavery, because it makes it seem like the good guys won.

The Feds bust med mj users and distributors in California all the time. Mostly what they do these days is bust in the door of a dispensary, flash guns, and steal all the cash. Then they run like the thieves they are. It's about impossible to get seized money back from the Feds. You have to pay a lawyer $25 grand and then your odds of winning are still horrible. The legal standard is basically proving your own innocence. If criminal trials were that way, we would have more prisoners than citizens. So the owners of the dispensaries spend their time collecting duffel bags of cash from their stores and hiding it before the Feds or the gangs can rob them. All of this is because the Feds won the Civil War.

Sir Psycho Sexy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Time to voice my thoughts I suppose,

avoid the ganga in my opinion.

Im not some straight edge trying to preach, iv smoked dozens of times in my past.

But in the end it slows you down. You got to have a drive in life to be a man and marijuana just doesnt fit that lifestyle.

Plenty of potsmokers have no trouble in getting laid but that doesnt mean they are a don juan

Jet

Don Juan
Reaction score
eaglez1177 said:
HAHAH wow. I actually laughed at this. Scary at some of the things people will believe off the internet.
Yeah, it is scary. But this was in a number of my nursing and medical text books.
I don't know if you're educated enough to know what it takes to get information into books like that and peer reviewed journals...but if you don't then I don't really care about convincing you.
Keep laughing.

Jet

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
Here are a few links about mj as a treatment for asthma. Believe what you want, but I would encourage you not to accept college textbooks as much of an authority on anything. Sometimes they make reference to a real authority like a professional journal article or published study, but the much of any textbook's content is motivated by the publisher's profits. Books have to be politically correct, not offend anyone, and not question the law or government. Often the Feds actually pay media publishers to include the anti-drug propaganda in the content of the book. They do this with TV shows, too, if sitcom writers create an episode where little Johnny learns that drugs are bad, m'kay?, then they get money from the Feds.

http://www.druglibrary.org/Schaffer/hemp/medical/tashkin/tashkin1.htm
http://www.showmethefacts.org/medical-marijuana-facts/asthma/
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061025201839AAsuN48

It didn't until the Civil War. Now it does. States' rights today is an academic concept only. States only have rights when the Federal government approves. Otherwise, the "United" States would be a voluntary association, a confederacy, which was what the south was fighting for. We like to think that the war was fought over slavery, because it makes it seem like the good guys won.

The Feds bust med mj users and distributors in California all the time. Mostly what they do these days is bust in the door of a dispensary, flash guns, and steal all the cash. Then they run like the thieves they are. It's about impossible to get seized money back from the Feds. You have to pay a lawyer $25 grand and then your odds of winning are still horrible. The legal standard is basically proving your own innocence. If criminal trials were that way, we would have more prisoners than citizens. So the owners of the dispensaries spend their time collecting duffel bags of cash from their stores and hiding it before the Feds or the gangs can rob them. All of this is because the Feds won the Civil War.
You make good points Bible Belt. I'm definitely a skeptic at heart. So, it's great to not just believe everything you read and hear. You should look at the studies done about marijuana and gynecomastia. Thanks for the links on asthma, I'll check them out later when I have more time.

And Bible Belt is definitely correct about Federal trumping State. The main reason why they're letting these places operate is because they had to do so many cutbacks in California and they were taking heat for busting marijuana users and these shops while letting more important things go ignored. And even if they did bust them and confiscate everything, they'd end up having to let them out of jail along with other non-violent offenders because of the jails and prisons being overfull.

2crudedudes

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
HalfAddict said:

This is why medicinal marijuana is legal in certain states and still outlawed federally...

The feds had been busting people who owned a dispensary for the longest time... till the state threw a fit.
During the Bush administration, a lot of dispensaries were raided and shut down. Obama "promised" (we'll see how long that lasts) to cut back enforcement, and focus on bigger fish. However, it doesn't necessarily mean that the Federal allows it.

Julius_Seizeher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys, we're going to see it legalized. You know why? Because MSNBC is running a big report about how legal pot could save our economy, and how the effects of smoking it have been "grossly mischaracterized" over the decades.

MSNBC gives it the nod=everybody slowly relaxing their stance on pot=eventual legalization.

It's a matter of time.

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Julius_Seizeher said:
Guys, we're going to see it legalized. You know why? Because MSNBC is running a big report about how legal pot could save our economy, and how the effects of smoking it have been "grossly mischaracterized" over the decades.

MSNBC gives it the nod=everybody slowly relaxing their stance on pot=eventual legalization.

It's a matter of time.
the amount of money they spend to enforce the laws and put people in jail is insane. People will find their pot anyway. The government should just tax it. Boom, we go from money sink to revenue in one fell swoop without changing the fundamental circumstances.

Reaction score
Sex is the LAST thing on my mind after I've toked. All I want to do is watch South Park with a pint of Ben and Jerry's, then go to sleep.

xdreamz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i read that 50% of people in prison are in prison for marijuana, after it gets legalized they'll all be released... i think.